Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2014, 06:56 AM   #29

Talked to Nexus yesterday. They are sending a new bunk cushion. They had a few cut wrong in the past. I am surprised that QC didn't catch this before heading out...oh well there are worst QC out there heh.
Josewales is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2014, 07:52 AM   #30

That's good news. I'm looking forward to visiting the factory on April 8th and placing my order, probably the 24P, and am finalizing my adds, changes and mods.
Suggestions from this thread are very helpful, pointing out little things I would want (or not) that might not occur to me (like where to store the laundry!)
abbyarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:27 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyarts View Post
That's good news. I'm looking forward to visiting the factory on April 8th and placing my order, probably the 24P, and am finalizing my adds, changes and mods. Suggestions from this thread are very helpful, pointing out little things I would want (or not) that might not occur to me (like where to store the laundry!)
One thing we didn't think of is a drawer for utensils. No biggy, a storage box will be just as good that fits in the bottom cupboards.

And enjoy the slide out. We were surprised at how much room there is without one, once in awhile I may have to play hugs with the wife to get by her haha. But do not feel cramped at all. The extra room will no doubt give a a spacious feel.

Remember to take pics of the tour for folks like us who couldn't make it for one.

Cheers
Old 03-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #32

Good idea, I've been trying for months to get them to run a Nexus Owners Group (which is this I guess) and will try to get them to make a video tour of the factory.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #33

Hope you get a chance to enjoy your new rig soon. This is from your pro/con list--#3 on the con--We have the same problem with our basement doors lock. I decided to remove the key lock and replace them with regular handles. I also took the nonlocking handles off the curbside and put them on where the locks were on the street side so they would all look the same. I left the locks on the genny & battery doors--but that's all.
I bought 10 of the ones below and put them on the curb side. I read on another forum or thread to grease the guts with plumbers grease since it isn't affected by water. The ones I bought I think are corroding about as bad are new ones. The road salts are tough on any metal.

Amazon.com: Camco 44323 7/8" Thumb Operated Offset Cam Lock: Automotive
I bought these from the Sportsman Guide for $2.99 ea, no shipping charge for 10, but it took 2 weeks!

Good luck with your new rig,
Ron
rondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josewales View Post
One thing we didn't think of is a drawer for utensils. No biggy, a storage box will be just as good that fits in the bottom cupboards. And enjoy the slide out. We were surprised at how much room there is without one, once in awhile I may have to play hugs with the wife to get by her haha. But do not feel cramped at all. The extra room will no doubt give a a spacious feel. Remember to take pics of the tour for folks like us who couldn't make it for one. Cheers
I ordered my Nexus 28 Phantom it's actually on the assembly line Karen sent me pictures I just need to figure out how to post them on this site any help?
Cola ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:41 AM   #35

Maybe I'll see your rig on the line

Looking forward to touring the factory next Tuesday and Wednesday and putting in my order on the 24P, so excited. Thanks to all on this thread for contributing to my long lists of options, mods and especially, problems to be avoided.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:44 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cola ny View Post
I ordered my Nexus 28 Phantom it's actually on the assembly line Karen sent me pictures I just need to figure out how to post them on this site any help?
Upload pics on a host such as photobucket and copy paste URL in image box here.

Gratz & cheers.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:16 AM   #37

Spring finally arrived and got a chance to take the Nexus for a good drive. Quiet as a mouse! Nothing rattled nor creaked. We are very pleased.

Since this our first MH, the handling of this small 25' was easy. Just have to make sure you drive in the middle of the road. Definitely a different perception compared to a regular vehicle.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:35 PM   #38

Our 1991 LaZy DaZe ran dead silent down the road when we first bought it last year. Then my wife started filling it up with pots and pans and gadgets and blow dryers and now it rattles and buzzes like crazy!

I guess I gotta go throught the cupboards and organize all that stuff?
Old 04-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #39

A: Nice RV, you should be very happy with that. You should send the local dealer a thank you for not making that first deal.
B: Nice to hear the mfgr go out of there way for a client.
C: Hopefully an indication of how they will handle any future issues (and we all have some issue of one type or another during ownership, it's just a fact of life)
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #40

Just returned home from the factory and what a wonderful and worthwhile time spent! I can't recommend highly enough, visiting the factory and Karen or whoever you're working with prior to ordering. Karen and I spent two days viewing completed units on the showroom, touring the factory (I'll post pics when/if I figure out how) and deciding on mods and options on every square inch of the 24P. What a great opportunity to design your own rv. Its essentially building a very small home and the same kinds of decisions are involved. I had sent 4 pages of potential mods/options to Karen ahead of time so she was able to run them by Dave before I arrived. This woman Karen, by the way, is amazing and I am highly recommending working with her. I could go on and on about how much and how often she went out of her way for me.
I'll post a separate Topic and say more but I can tell you that with all the tweaks I wanted to add/change, the unit still came in at budget and still less cost, with better quality and hand-picked details, than anything else I'd spent 3 years looking at. Thanks Capt. Steve for turning me on to this company.