RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2020, 06:09 PM   #15

We have visited Memphis on 3 occasions in the last 9 years, usually in January or March, and love the city for it's music and attractions.
We have traditionally stayed at Graceland RV Park and found it a good park, safe, secure and reasonably priced.
We have heard from local residents that even the Beal St tourist area has certain nights that as a tourist you really do not want to be there for safety reasons.
On travel days we will stay at the free locations, but we would not consider a free overnighter at Cracker Barrel, Walmart or Flying J in the Memphis area.
Sometimes it is just not worth the risk.
I have also read where the Tom Sawyer RV Park can flood at certain times of the year so be cautious.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2020, 07:31 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We stayed a few times at CB, but just overnight. I always call to make sure we can spend the night. I have been told they dont have space, but most of the time its okay.

I would call.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 09:50 PM   #17

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have stayed at CBs many times Always called first to make sure if its ok and where to park. Typically they have had long RV spaces, easy in and out. A couple of times parking was just in the outer edge of the lot. My only grip is they frequently just off the highway and can be rather loud at night. One time our space was only about 30ft off I-95. Always buy a dinner there and express my thanks for the parking.
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCat25 View Post
Stayed at Cracker Barrels last Thursday and one night the week before. Always have dinner and/or breakfast (carryout during Covid). Use RV Parky to see which ones allow overnight parking. Managers are always welcoming.

But it's overnight only - not meant to used during the day.

Attachment 306681
Interested in your "not meant to be used during the day" comment. Isn't the reason for the existence of their RV parking to accommodate customers primarily in the daytime? We haven't taken an RV into a Cracker Barrel lot, yet. Planning to give it a try during an upcoming trip. The intent is to be very low key and respectful - just want to understand all rules, written and otherwise.
zippinbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:59 AM   #19

I was only implying that Cracker Barrels should not be used as a place to park a rig for an extended period of time. Certainly parking during the day for lunch or even an early arrival for dinner and then staying the night is probably acceptable. Using one as a "base camp" instead of a commerical park, national or state park, would be an imposition.
Old 11-15-2020, 01:30 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We call first, normaly arrive before closing but after dinner rush. Have dinner or breakfast there.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:39 PM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Have stayed a numerous CBs. Always have dinner or breakfast. Never failed us. In fact, some of them have large separate lots designated just for RVs.

I try to get there after dinner rush...lots are huge but often look for a level space rather than one of the RV spaces.
Sbrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parking