Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2007, 07:23 PM   #1

Just traded our much loved 39ft Dutch Star on a B+ 2350 Phoenix Cruiser on a Ford 3500 Chassis as the DS just didn't fit our lifestyle. Engine is 305 HP V-10 and should have plenty of beans for this coach. I sort of bought a "pig in a poke" as I had never heard of this brand before but it seems exceptionally well screwed together with excellent cabinetry and fit and finish. It came with the folowing equipment - 2KW Inverter, Dual Batteries, 4KW Onan, 20" LCD TV, Sanicon sewer pumpout with both gray and black tank flushing and powered dump valves, home theatre with DVD player, Ultra Leather powered driver and passenger seats, a unique powered fold out couch which makes a 54 X 74 bed, convection/microwave, Corian Counters with undermounted sink, 13.5 BTU AC with heat strips, boxed patio awning, slide topper and window awnings, BU Camera, gelcoat vacubond sidewalls, one piece fibreglass roof, Diamond shield on the lower body panels and (most important) a really nice coffee maker Will do the PDI next Friday. Hated to see the DS go as it was our dream coach but we have purchased a park model in a SoCal park for winter stays and will use the new rig for occasional trips and expeditions throughout the Pacific Northwest. Does anyone on here have any experience with these rigs?

2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
timz61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #2

we just traded our class a for a 09 2551 phoenix cruiser.looks like it should work for what we want to do also.hope it works out.
lg
Old 05-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #3

Just ordered a 2010 Phoenix Cruiser 2400.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #4

you will like the way phoenix does busniess.kermit and all the folks you deal with there are good people.we sure like our phoenix cruiser.
lg
Old 09-19-2009, 06:25 AM   #5

I'm new to this forum but not to RVing I have had a 1999 Winnebago Rialta since new and I'm thinking of trading it for a 2008 (new) Phoenix Cruiser 2400. The advertised price is approximately 75% of MSRP. My concern is that there are numerous 2007 and 2008 new models still on dealers lots. Any thoughts on from members especially Phoenix Cruiser owners would be apreciated.
jwhyt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:02 AM   #6

might ck with the factory they sell direct and take trades google phoenix cruiser and it will give there web site.you can call them 7 days week.we have had few problems with ours.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #7

We too had a Rialta. Needed to get a real refrigerator...Have ordered a Phoenix Cruiser and will pick it up in November. Any insight or tips welcome. Thanks.
Buckeye Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:29 AM   #8

Appalachian Campers
Question Phoenix aftersale service

We are looking at a downsize to a Phoenix 2551 and have been impressed by the comments in the forum, but I am concerned about service after the sale. we have been spoiled by being so close to Tiffin for our Allegro issues. Kermit seems to handle service well, but physically, who can work on the coach when one lives 1,000 miles away? Do I have to drive to Elkhart, IN?

Thanks for any advice or personal experience.

Bill
WCVonderburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
I also just purchased a 2551 Phoenix Cruiser and am very pleased with the quality. This is a small company with a hands on attitude.
For warrenty work, I believe the company will work with you to make it right. Problems with the chassis would be handled by Ford.
Check out their website and click on the three videos posted which show how these things go together.
Phoenix USA RV ::..574-266-2020 ::..
Dick_Wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #10

OK guys, how has your experence been with your new Phoenix Cruisers? I have just ordered a 2010 model 2350S on the E450 chassis. I wanted to make sure I have plenty of payload available. Tomorrow I will drive up to Elkhart and take a factory tour on Wednesday morning. Is there any thing I need to pay attention to?
Old 04-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Boy View Post
OK guys, how has your experence been with your new Phoenix Cruisers? I have just ordered a 2010 model 2350S on the E450 chassis. I wanted to make sure I have plenty of payload available. Tomorrow I will drive up to Elkhart and take a factory tour on Wednesday morning. Is there any thing I need to pay attention to?
Absolutely LOVE the coach. Ours is a 2010 2400 on a E450. Have a HEAVY DUTY steering stabilizer installed on the coach before you drive away. The "Ford factory " one is useless. Also make sure the front end is aligned correctly. A significant number of E450s are not aligned correctly at the factory. Test every system before you drive away. Ours had an AC fan rub that we did not discover until weeks after delivery.

The quality of the coach is exceptional. I will return to the factory after one year with two items - half the clothes hanger bar in the closet (with a heavy load) pulled out of the ceiling on a particularly bad bump. One broken screw in the generator protection plate. That's it.

Constantly have the down sizing crowd asking to look. I tow a Honda CRV and don't even know it is back there. The E450 has tons of power and can be maneuvered in tight spaces. We are very pleased.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #12

Test Drive it!! I did not test drive my 08 Safari 22ft on Ford E350 chassis. Big mistake as it drove terrible after purchase. Bad tire on front, and had to get an alignment, replaced Camber/Caster bushings to get aligned right. I learned that most manufacturers do not realign after putting coach on chassis. Good Luck!
safari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:55 AM   #13

We just downsized to a 2350 Phoenix Cruiser from a 36-foot Alpine Coach. Myriad reasons, aside from any problem with the Alpine, prompted our move.

I noticed a bit of wander during the test-drive of the Phoenix and told the Dealer to align the front-end and thrust angle before I'd buy it, which was done. It tracked very well on the trip home and didn't seem to be greatly bothered by oncoming or passing trucks in the next lane.

Although it's a used 2007 model with slide and sofa/bed and it was difficult to shed all the extra items we packed in the Alpine, we are pleased with what we've been able to decently load.

The Alpine averaged 9 MPG while towing our Edge and the numbers work out that we'll do a little better with the V10. And considering regular gas here is between 30 and 50 cents less per gallon than Diesel, we'll probably save a few bucks (I remember the $4.50-$4.88/G we paid in 2008 when gas was about $3.40/G).

We'll not be towing this trip because, compared to the Alpine, the Phoenix is downright easy to maneuver and fits into much less than half what the Alpine needed (we can use it for local travel because it's no wider or longer than my Pal's 3500 Dodge dually).

We leave this AM for the far west on a 7-week trip and I'm certain we'll make some changes to the packing arrangement. I'll report how it went on my return.

Bob & Peg Mahon
Milford, PA
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #14

Do you carry any bag chairs or a coleman stove, or even grilling sticks with you? If so, WHERE do you carry any extras like that? Thanks.
jandmhilton is offline   Reply With Quote