Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2022, 09:13 PM   #1

please help, B+ or C with fiberglass roof and oh bunk

Hi all,

Was hoping I could get a little help.

Sold our older Thor hurricane and am looking for something newer and a touch smaller.

We are looking for a used but newer b+ or C with fiberglass roof and 1 piece over head bunk 22 to 26 ft for around 80k.
Needs to have an actual bed, permanent or Murphy.
So far, only found a few that fit that description.

Winnebago view/navion
Tiffin wayfarer
Jayco Melbourne prestige
Pleasure way pursuit

Can anyone else think of any I missed and have you had any experience with that RV or any of the ones above?

So far am leaning towards Winnebago view/navion.

The tiffin and jayco I can't seem to find under 100k and the pleasure way doesn't have a permanent bed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thx!
amhst56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2022, 10:53 PM   #2

I think Forest River made some fiberglass roof B+/C coaches 5-7 years ago.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 06:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhst56 View Post
We are looking for a used but newer B+ or C with fiberglass roof and 1 piece over head bunk
That is an "Excellent" goal.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:05 PM   #4

Quote:

"We are looking for a used but newer b+ or C with fiberglass roof ..."
I would add to your criteria "... with crowned fiberglass roof that has rolled-over edges all the way along both of it's sides such that the wall panels' top edges tuck up under these rolled-over edges".

(Our 24 ft. Winnebago Spirit Class C has that, but unfortunately it's over head bunk is not one piece.)
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 12:40 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How about something a bit different. Thor has the Axis and Vegas on the E350 or E450 chassis. It's a Class A style. They have many different models. The 24.X is 25 feet long and the 25.X is 27 feet long. They all have a drop down bed over the cab area. Most have a sleeper couch. The 24.1 model has twin beds in the rear that make into a king. It's a very popular model. My 25.5 model has twin beds in the middle that makes into a king. The only thing not on your list is a fiberglass roof. These have TPO roofs. The Axis will give back around 10 mpg's. They have an 8K hitch and can tow most of that (4-down).

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220511_121522.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	373924

Sent from my SM-A515U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 06:43 PM   #6

Thx for the info

I'll take a look at the spirit

You like your and have any issues with it?
Old 08-17-2022, 06:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood27 View Post
How about something a bit different. Thor has the Axis and Vegas on the E350 or E450 chassis. It's a Class A style. They have many different models. The 24.X is 25 feet long and the 25.X is 27 feet long. They all have a drop down bed over the cab area. Most have a sleeper couch. The 24.1 model has twin beds in the rear that make into a king. It's a very popular model. My 25.5 model has twin beds in the middle that makes into a king. The only thing not on your list is a fiberglass roof. These have TPO roofs. The Axis will give back around 10 mpg's. They have an 8K hitch and can tow most of that (4-down).

Attachment 373924

My wife really like these but I'm not so sure about the ground clearance or the tpo roof

How do u like your?
Old 08-17-2022, 07:14 PM   #8

The Pursuit is by far the best made in that list, but it doesn't have an overhead bunk. If you're ok with no overhead bunk, you should also look at the Leisure unity. Peasureway and Leisure do not make a C, only B's and B+'s.
Danny969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:36 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
My wife really like these but I'm not so sure about the ground clearance or the tpo roof

How do u like your?
My wife really likes ours. All RVs are a compromise. Many, many years ago, we started with a 27 foot Class A with no slides, a corner bed and an anemic gas engine. The bed is OK...if you're young! When we started snowbirding 10 years ago, we upgraded to a 36 foot Class A with 3 slide outs. It was nice and spacious, but we started to stay put in one place so the Class A made less sense. We traded it for a 40 foot, quad slide, 5th wheel and a 22 foot Class B. The 5th wheel was stationary in FL and the Class B was to be used for travel and camping. My wife quickly learned to hate the Class B with its undersized wet bath and no aisle space. Luckily, we bought it pre-covid and sold it during the height of covid when everyone wanted one. After 3 years of ownership, we got all our money back. As life changes, we decided to get rid of the 5th wheel and traded it for the Thor Axis.

We were looking at Class Cs in a similar length. The Axis has 1 slide with plenty of living room space. The bathroom is large in comparison to the Class B. The best part, in my opinion, is its cockpit compared to a Class C. It's huge! It's elevated for more forward visibility and the doghouse barely intrudes into the space (more foot/leg room). There is plenty of room to get around and makes it more integral with the living room area. The overhead bunk is tucked up to the ceiling when not being used and gives the cab area full stand-up headroom. We've only had the Axis since May, but I like it. Not to big, not to small. But, in the end, as they say, happy wife, happy life!
Old 08-17-2022, 10:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood27 View Post
My wife really likes ours. All RVs are a compromise. Many, many years ago, we started with a 27 foot Class A with no slides, a corner bed and an anemic gas engine. The bed is OK...if you're young! When we started snowbirding 10 years ago, we upgraded to a 36 foot Class A with 3 slide outs. It was nice and spacious, but we started to stay put in one place so the Class A made less sense. We traded it for a 40 foot, quad slide, 5th wheel and a 22 foot Class B. The 5th wheel was stationary in FL and the Class B was to be used for travel and camping. My wife quickly learned to hate the Class B with its undersized wet bath and no aisle space. Luckily, we bought it pre-covid and sold it during the height of covid when everyone wanted one. After 3 years of ownership, we got all our money back. As life changes, we decided to get rid of the 5th wheel and traded it for the Thor Axis.

We were looking at Class Cs in a similar length. The Axis has 1 slide with plenty of living room space. The bathroom is large in comparison to the Class B. The best part, in my opinion, is its cockpit compared to a Class C. It's huge! It's elevated for more forward visibility and the doghouse barely intrudes into the space (more foot/leg room). There is plenty of room to get around and makes it more integral with the living room area. The overhead bunk is tucked up to the ceiling when not being used and gives the cab area full stand-up headroom. We've only had the Axis since May, but I like it. Not to big, not to small. But, in the end, as they say, happy wife, happy life!
Thx for the info

We just sold a 30ft A with no slides.
I thought the Thor build quality was ok.

How is the build quality of the axis?
Old 08-17-2022, 10:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny969 View Post
The Pursuit is by far the best made in that list, but it doesn't have an overhead bunk. If you're ok with no overhead bunk, you should also look at the Leisure unity. Peasureway and Leisure do not make a C, only B's and B+'s.
The pursuit has either an over head bunk or entertainment center.
Here's one with the overhead bunk
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2014-Pleasure-Way-PURSUIT-5022092791
Old 08-18-2022, 07:05 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Thx for the info

We just sold a 30ft A with no slides.

I thought the Thor build quality was ok.

How is the build quality of the axis?
Build quality? Luckily, it was made pre-covid, but could be true of most manufacturers these days. It was 5 years old, when I bought it, and you would think all the squeaks and rattles would have been taken care of. There were many screws in the dash area that were loose, causing the rattling. Since I like taking things apart and making it my own (retired Mechanical Engineer), I spent an afternoon reassembling the passenger side dash area and tighten things up. It also gave me an idea of what's there and how it works. The rest of the RV seems to be OK on quality. There are a couple of large Thor Axis and Vegas Facebook groups that help people resolve issues or make modifications.

I did add a rear trac bar to the chassis to minimize sway when large trucks pass. This should be standard from Ford on the E350/450 chassis or at least installed by any Class C manufacturer.

Old 08-20-2022, 06:40 AM   #13

My Entegra Odyssey (comparable to a Jayco Grayhawk) has a fiberglass roof and the bunk over the cab. We also have the huge window in the cab which really lights up the RV during the day and let’s my daughter star gaze at night. We’ve been real happy with the build quality on this 2019 unit.
GABob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 07:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABob View Post
My Entegra Odyssey (comparable to a Jayco Grayhawk) has a fiberglass roof and the bunk over the cab. We also have the huge window in the cab which really lights up the RV during the day and let’s my daughter star gaze at night. We’ve been real happy with the build quality on this 2019 unit.
Entegra odyssey looks good.
Definitely makes the list

Thx for the recommendation!

Tags
fiberglass, roof