Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
I would demand new.
DBecker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2014, 10:55 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
My 2000 with issues is looking better all the time.
DBecker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:24 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBecker57 View Post
I would demand new.
oh please ! Obviously they will laugh , this doesnt happen in the real world and certainly not with thor. They will say bring it to the factory and they will fix it. They do not dish out replacement coaches no matter how extreme the issue is. Their out is they will repair it at their facility and its your responsibility to get it there. You can demand until your blue in the face
Old 07-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #46

No chance of them replacing the coach or taking it back. Suing them is a no go as the best one can do, if successful, is get the purchase price back. Deduct from that the 30% + in legal fees.

So far, both the dealer & Thor seem to want to make things right.

We'll see.
Hat-Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:20 AM   #47

We just have to remain positive that everyone will do the right thing. Thor didn't get to be the largest RV builder in the US by screwing people over. It is just going to take time to get it all fixed. If not I trade ours in and live and learn.
halla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:35 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
We just have to remain positive that everyone will do the right thing. Thor didn't get to be the largest RV builder in the US by screwing people over. It is just going to take time to get it all fixed. If not I trade ours in and live and learn.
they got to be the biggest by buying all the manufacturers that went under. Not a secret.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:57 AM   #49

I was wandering around our local Camping World this weekend. They have a couple of Tuscanys I wanted to see but they also had several others including a Palazzo and several Ace models.
My wife made a comment on the build quality (and she's not normally that attentive)
There were numerous examples of poor quality including door hinges ripped out and trim missing.
I really didn't see anything bad in the 2 x Tuscany coaches we looked in so don't know if the problem is specific to the 'entry' level coaches. Or maybe I was just distracted by the glare. Oooh, shiny!
chawkins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:17 AM   #50

Hey all, I have been reading this post and shaking my head a bit. I am sorry for all your difficulties. If I may suggest something...I had a very similar issue with Thor. I fought with them for almost a year and ultimately it led to me dumping the MH and buying my current one. I had some success with getting them to pay 3 months payments because it was in the shop for 94 days. I had to call, email and write them. Read your warranty and make sure you word your conversations very carefully. On day 21 of it being down I called, emailed and wrote indicating I wished to get Thor involved directly (because it says you have to). After an additional 30 days, I began asking for compensation. Ultimately I was very successful, but it took a lot of phone calls, eventually ending up with me dealing with the Director of Customer Service directly. Please note also that your warranty (if it is the same as my 2014 Thor product) states if there are two or more repairs required [unsure of the actual wording here] within the warranty period you should get Thor involved personally. There is a member in the Thor owners section who successfully got a replacement coach for his Palazzo, so I know it can be done, but wow is it a pain in the butt. Hope it helps, and sorry again for your problems.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #51

Just an update.

The local (60 miles away) Ford dealer found I had a bad fuel pump & replaced it. Hopefully, that will cure the engine dying problem. Will pick the rig up today.

Tim at Thor is arranging to get me into the shop at Elkhart by the end of July. That way they can have it for the month of August - if necessary. The cab will have to be repainted after things are lined up. They will also deal with all the other problems I've found.

Hopefully, all will be ready for a big trip out west in September. Fingers crossed.

I must say that both General RV & Thor have been very responsive.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:59 AM   #52

Thats good news. Our slide room parts just came in. Taking it back to General RV tonight to have it fixed. I will let you know how it works out.

Good luck.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #53

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat-Trick View Post
I'm going for 2 more years on the warranty & reimbursement for payments I'm making on the rig while it's down.

My wife did some research & found that Michigan's lemon law doesn't apply to motor homes.
WOW I just read the whole thread.

Sounds like yours is a rolling Fire hazard.
be careful.

(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:32 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
Thats good news. Our slide room parts just came in. Taking it back to General RV tonight to have it fixed. I will let you know how it works out.

Good luck.
And to you.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #55

Another update.

The 2 "dead on the side of the road" issues were solved with a new fuel pump installed by Ford dealer # 2 after # 1 missed it.

I drove the rig down to Thor in Elkhart yesterday to get the rest of the issues dealt with. They provided me with a rental car to get me home & will reimburse me for fuel costs for the trip.

My contact at Thor pulled some strings to jump me to the head of the line at the repair facility.

They sure seem to want to do the right thing.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #56

Nice. Slide out is being fixed as we speak, pick it up this saturday. Waiting for a call back from Thor on our requests.

2014 Thor 33sw Fourwinds, built twice.