Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2022, 02:30 PM   #1

Privacy Covers for Wayfarer RV

Anyone got any better ideas for privacy curtains for the front windows in the Tiffin Wayfarer?
Nealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2022, 04:08 PM   #2

I realize you are talking about a Sprinter chassis but maybe this will apply in-concept.

Our Phoenix Cruiser built on a 2007 Ford E350 chassis has pleated curtains that work well, but we find it more convenient to whip out these cheap silver and black pop-open sun shades sold at Walmart. Two Jumbo size for the windshield, and one each small size per door window. They utilize existing chassis features for attachment. The windshield ones mount as designed utilizing the sun visors. The sides rest on the arm rest and hook behind the edge of the "downed" sun visor and seat belt attachment point. When setup windshield first, side windows second, they seal well for complete privacy.

The shades naturally reduce heat since they reflect heat and are close to the glass, but they also open the cab better to the house. We store them in the drivers seat rear storage pocket. They are naturally affordable. The only downside is that they darken the cab area, making a drabby atmosphere during daytime hours.

These are the ones we bought but other brands are available.
Old 01-15-2022, 12:21 AM   #3

We have been full timing and using a pleated front window shade from Eclipse Sunshade for over 3 years. The company was helpful in selecting the right size for our Coachman Class C on the Ford E-350 chassis, the shades are durable, and cost effective. Small brackets with VHB tape are mounted to the inside of the windshield and the shades retract to the left and right edges of the windshield when not in use. When in use the two shade sections Velcro together at the mirror.

Their website is https://eclipsesunshades.net/
LarryV18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 06:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryV18 View Post
We have been full timing and using a pleated front window shade from Eclipse Sunshade for over 3 years. The company was helpful in selecting the right size for our Coachman Class C on the Ford E-350 chassis, the shades are durable, and cost effective. Small brackets with VHB tape are mounted to the inside of the windshield and the shades retract to the left and right edges of the windshield when not in use. When in use the two shade sections Velcro together at the mirror.

Their website is https://eclipsesunshades.net/
As far as I can tell on their website they don't have anything for a Sprinter chassis. Their only MB products seem to be for the cars.
Old 01-15-2022, 11:31 PM   #5

What troubles me with the fancy pleated windshield curtain, is the obstructed view. I know the argument is that it's not bad, but any such obstruction is bad. It nearly doubles the size of the "A" pillar obstruction.....very bad to me. I am surprised they are permitted.
Old 01-16-2022, 07:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
As far as I can tell on their website they don't have anything for a Sprinter chassis. Their only MB products seem to be for the cars.
Thank you for your thoughtful comment. You know computers and websites sometimes don't have all the expertise of those selling their product. My suggestion is to contact them (the old fashioned phone call). I put in a 2019 Sprinter and came up with a shade. We love them and wanted to share our positive experience.
Old 01-16-2022, 08:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer View Post
What troubles me with the fancy pleated windshield curtain, is the obstructed view. I know the argument is that it's not bad, but any such obstruction is bad. It nearly doubles the size of the "A" pillar obstruction.....very bad to me. I am surprised they are permitted.
Thank you for your thoughtful comments and safety concerns. Our fancy pleated shade installation is tight against the A-pillar, and you can hardly tell they are there. We love the ability to quickly and neatly deploy them when we stop for shopping or when we get to our campsite. I am pleased to share our real-life experiences with products to help those interested in different options and appreciate everyone's opinions that make this world and website a great place.
Old 01-16-2022, 06:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Thank you for your thoughtful comments and safety concerns. Our fancy pleated shade installation is tight against the A-pillar, and you can hardly tell they are there. We love the ability to quickly and neatly deploy them when we stop for shopping or when we get to our campsite. I am pleased to share our real-life experiences with products to help those interested in different options and appreciate everyone's opinions that make this world and website a great place.
I would love to see pictures of yours.
Old 01-17-2022, 02:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer View Post
I would love to see pictures of yours.
Ron,

My photography is not the best, and I hope these pictures show why we enjoy our pleated shades so much. We do have a swivel base on the passenger seat which is currently turned around and the seat is covered with a terry cloth towel visible on the right side of two of the photos. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B8ED09D7-4842-47DB-B36C-C6F4CB16791D.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	273.3 KB
ID:	354038   Click image for larger version

Name:	62B7F918-31F1-41AC-9AED-0D477A8352EC.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	301.7 KB
ID:	354039  

Click image for larger version

Name:	7EA6FDBB-A6D1-4155-AF4E-9C53A38AAFAB.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	354045  
Old 01-18-2022, 11:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Ron,

My photography is not the best, and I hope these pictures show why we enjoy our pleated shades so much. We do have a swivel base on the passenger seat which is currently turned around and the seat is covered with a terry cloth towel visible on the right side of two of the photos. Hope this helps!
Not bad! Thanks for sharing those pics.

Tags
cover