Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think you need to make sure all your faucets are off then turn the pump on until it quits (builds up prime) then go to each faucet and turn it on. Also make sure that you have the water heater bypassed.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #16

If you are going to do the "blow blow blow" technique without antifreeze, a few things (at least) to remember:

1. Make sure you hold the lavatory valve open as you blow (might be a 2 person job), and

2. Fill all your p-traps with antifreeze because blowing them dry will only encourage bad smells from the holding tanks, and

3. There is a little plastic check valve in the city water inlet (behind the cone shaped screen) that you need to drain by pushing it open from the outside.
Harvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #17

I don't think you have a pump problem, you just need to get it primed. On previous units I never had the winterize selection and I always just used a short hose to the pumps. With this new system I had to use a funnel into the hose and prime it. The process took several soda bottles full for it to catch a good prime. When I had the problem I called the dealer and told them the trouble I was having and they suggested using the funnel cause they have had problems like this also. After it was all done I wondered if I blew all the prime out by blowing out the system, ( I probably did.)
short kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #18

theWonderers,
I have a 2011 Jayco 31SS the only issue i have had in winterizing is a poor connection of the hose to the city water connection - causing loss of prime. Once i remedied that connection I am able to set the jug of pink stuff on the ground and pump through all the faucets and get a full stream at each. I figure for the gallon and a half that I use is worth it - since I hate plumbing issues.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
remember to reduce water pressure on lines before depressing spring check in city water hose inlet. If you don't, the high internal pressure can damage the oring spring check device and it will leak and not seal up correctly.
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am wondering.. IF you have blown the water out of the lines (And I suggest you do it like 10 times with a few minutes between blows) WHY are you wasting money filling them with noxius chemicals pink in colour you have to dispoise of and eradicate come spring?

I mean, once the water is gone, there is nothing left to freeze save air and if it freezes, You won't care about the RV any more.. You won;'t be breathing.

Tags
water