Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2021, 11:44 AM   #1

Problem with Levelers

Love just having to push a button and my RV is leveled but I’m finding them to be problematic. The latest is they do not respond to the touch pad at all. There is a message on the pad that says “retract timed out” and then when “enter” is pushed the helpful message says “bring in for service”. This is on a 2019 Entegra Esteem 29V. It has had the recall for the levelers performed and currently, all levelers are all the way up. My thought is to remove power by disconnecting the battery and letting it reset. I don’t know which battery(ies) to disconnect, house or chassis. The engine has to be running to operate the levelers so I’m guessing it would be the chassis battery. Any further input or suggestions would be appreciated.

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2021, 04:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
My thought is to remove power by disconnecting the battery and letting it reset. I don’t know which battery(ies) to disconnect, house or chassis. The engine has to be running to operate the levelers so I’m guessing it would be the chassis battery.
I don't know if that will work or not, but it can't hurt anything to try it. The levelers in the 29MV get their power from the house batteries. The controller also needs to get an "engine running" signal from the chassis ignition circuit. So it probably needs some power from both batteries.

Do you have the Lippert manual for the levelers? It has troubleshooting information. Here's what it says for that error: "Pressure switch did not sense retract pressure and pump timed out. Leaking hose or fitting." For what should be done it says: "Return levelers for service. Check for leaks, repair if necessary. Press enter and retract to clear error."
dvspl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 10:35 AM   #3

From the Lippert manual:

Press "enter" and "reset" at the same time to clear the return to service.

You can download the manual from Lippert. It includes all of their models. Class c levelers start on page 115.

To avoid odd error messages always have the emergency brake on before turning off the coach engine. Mine would sound the alarm, even though I was not touching the leveler controls.

I have the Entegra Esteem 26D.
Weeds636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:23 AM   #4
Commercial Member

if the retract has timed out, shut it off and restart. ive found on most systems, hwh, lippert, equalizer, etc, turning the system off resets the controls, and then you are starting the system from scratch. works some times, some times not.
the best way to know how your system works is to get a service manual.
that has the specifics of how your system works.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeds636 View Post
From the Lippert manual:

Press "enter" and "reset" at the same time to clear the return to service.

You can download the manual from Lippert. It includes all of their models. Class c levelers start on page 115.

To avoid odd error messages always have the emergency brake on before turning off the coach engine. Mine would sound the alarm, even though I was not touching the leveler controls.

I have the Entegra Esteem 26D.
I recently had the same issue with my Odyssey. A low voltage situation will cause funky readings like that. Mine started with beeps, which I thought were coming from the gas detector. Had it out recently and went to level and had the same “take in for service note. This was after I had to jump start the rig. Did the enter and reset and all is good again. Next investment is a battery shut off switch to kill the drain..
GABob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:12 AM   #6

I took it in for service. I was reluctant to reset because all the jacks were up. If I reset and then tried to relevel, and they didn’t retract, I’d be stuck. I suspect it just needed to be reset. I’ll know in a day or 2. It wasn’t a low power issue as I had just returned after a 5 day trip that had shore power. I’ll repost here when I know more. I do have the Lippert manual but unfortunately, it isn’t with me right now. Thanks for the advice!

Old 04-22-2021, 07:57 AM   #7

Technician reset levelers and checked for leaks or other problems. Found nothing but now I have peace of mind.

Old 04-22-2021, 10:41 AM   #8

You were lucky to get it in for service. In my area service appointments are at least a month out.
Weeds636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 08:44 AM   #9

Right now I’m in Clearwater, FL. They were not my selling dealer and they got me in within a week. Waiting for some parts to fix my satellite but so far they have been great!

Tags
levelers, problem