Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2019, 10:01 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by retireearly View Post
.5 mpg is the impact of towing. It does really hamper manuveuring, adds to stress level.
Yeah, that's crazy how small that difference is. I pull a trailer with my small car on it behind my Ford Explorer. I get 22 mpg with the Explorer @ 72 mph without a tow; when towing the trailer, 14 mpg @ 65 mph!
TimmyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2019, 05:47 PM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
My Coachmen 29' is obviously longer but not difficult to maneuver in most situations. I really like the room even though I have no slides. Bed is in rear and plenty big. Decent layout with kitchen and nice seating. She's gettin' pretty old, though and things are starting to go. Wouldn't trade for the world though - just fits me!
alfamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfamia View Post
My Coachmen 29' is obviously longer but not difficult to maneuver in most situations. I really like the room even though I have no slides. Bed is in rear and plenty big. Decent layout with kitchen and nice seating. She's gettin' pretty old, though and things are starting to go. Wouldn't trade for the world though - just fits me!
Thanks, alfa. That probably is a hair longer than my wife feels comfortable with, unfortunately.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:35 PM   #18

Hello,

I purchased a 21qb 2016, with 12000 miles on it, queen bed and has half moon dinette,
plenty of room for me my partner and the dog. we don't use the dinette table at all, so it leaves a lot of space to walk around, cook or change clothes. People come in and think we have a slide out. but you could put in recliners or love seats. My only complaint is the bed is a real pain to make, and if you have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night you have to master getting out of bed, im thinking of getting some kind of bar to help me get out of the bed at night, for me that's e2 or 3 times. Other than that its a great camper, been to the mountians blue ridge park way with ease, 450 engine has plenty of power for the hills, it has a larger water tank, and gas tank. I do want 2 upgrades, I wish the front seats swiveled at least one of them. the other upgrade is I want an inverter. As an alternative you may want to check out the THOR FE has a slideout in the back for queen bed, so its easier to make and get in and out of. Good luck with you RV shopping. Feel free to ask me any questions, I researched about a year before I found this one and I was down to the THOR or Freelander. I didn't want the dinner style dinette,uncomfortable and takes up too much room, so the half moon is a great option.take the table out and nice space, it also can be used as a bed.
Seawitch62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawitch62 View Post
Hello,

I purchased a 21qb 2016, with 12000 miles on it, queen bed and has half moon dinette,
plenty of room for me my partner and the dog. we don't use the dinette table at all, so it leaves a lot of space to walk around, cook or change clothes. People come in and think we have a slide out. but you could put in recliners or love seats. My only complaint is the bed is a real pain to make, and if you have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night you have to master getting out of bed, im thinking of getting some kind of bar to help me get out of the bed at night, for me that's e2 or 3 times. Other than that its a great camper, been to the mountians blue ridge park way with ease, 450 engine has plenty of power for the hills, it has a larger water tank, and gas tank. I do want 2 upgrades, I wish the front seats swiveled at least one of them. the other upgrade is I want an inverter. As an alternative you may want to check out the THOR FE has a slideout in the back for queen bed, so its easier to make and get in and out of. Good luck with you RV shopping. Feel free to ask me any questions, I researched about a year before I found this one and I was down to the THOR or Freelander. I didn't want the dinner style dinette,uncomfortable and takes up too much room, so the half moon is a great option.take the table out and nice space, it also can be used as a bed.
That getting out of bed thing is I've of our real concerns! Thanks for sharing that. For that reason and the fact that my wife has real restless legs, we are strongly considering units that have the two twin beds with a king conversion pad between them.

Again, many thanks for your input. It is much appreciated.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:10 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
.....we are strongly considering units that have the two twin beds with a king conversion pad between them.
You just described a Phoenix Cruiser models 2551, 2552, and 3100 with what I call the King Combo Bridge option. I think Phoenix calls it "power sliding beds". On the Phoenix forum, some people have that option and love it.

Ron Dittmer
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer View Post
You just described a Phoenix Cruiser models 2551, 2552, and 3100 with what I call the King Combo Bridge option. I think Phoenix calls it "power sliding beds". On the Phoenix forum, some people have that option and love it.

Ron Dittmer
Yeah, we've seen the Phoenix models but the rear bath with the beds pushed forward just does not work for us. Thanks for the suggestion, though! We are going to a big show in Indiana on Sunday; hope to come away with a pretty solid idea of our direction!

Tags
coachmen