Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2018, 03:10 PM   #99

We have a 12 yr old Jayco Greyhawk 27DS which is about to turn 75,000 miles. It's our 7th motorhome in 32 years of RVing. We are very pleased with this coach; maybe that's why we've kept it so long. No unusual problems since the warranty expired (and Jayco fixed some stuff after the warranty expired - slide-out issues which we had from day one). Everything has held up well - - we rarely even find a screw loose anywhere in the coach.

We love the walk around queen bed in the bedroom and the tremendous amount of storage in the bedroom. That said, we did have to give up some room in the living area (you can only get so much in 27') - - we only have a dinette and one chair, no sofa, but we have lived in this coach for as long as 6 months at a time so it seems to work for us. We also love the huge storage area/queen bed above the cab that comes with the standard Class C design (unless that space is taken up for a large entertainment center and some storage).

We give our Class C a rating of 9 (nothing is perfect) and highly recommend Jayco!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2018, 04:01 PM   #100

Winnebago Owners Club
We currently have our third Winnebago Sprinter-based motorhome ... each has been mighty fine!
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:49 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by edenns View Post
I have a 2007 Seneca 34 ss. We have 55000 miles to date. Just love the unit. Nice to drive. Large enough to live in it all winter. It has the floor plan and all the features we were looking for. No repairs yet. Just maintenance. Id have to give it 9 out of 10.. Planing on see all of North America in it.
Exact same unit as me! Love it! 10!
Goflight2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #102

Looks Great

Goflight2 I just looked at several RV's like yours online wow...they sure hold their value! When your slider in closed in dose the seat back still recline back or does it bump the slider? That's what's wrong with my Ford and drives me nuts
Lonnie and Allie, 2014 26' Fleetwood Searcher. Retired from US Army and the Boeing Co. Life Member: NRA, 4th US Cav Assco., 25 Infantry DIV. Member of AARP, AUSA, NCOIA, Purple Heart Assoc, DAV, Sgt Major US Army Brotherhood of Tankers.
Lonallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:04 PM   #103

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfguy View Post
2017 Forest River Forester 3011S
I would bump it up to a 7 if they had wired switches and controls rather than use a wifi phone app to do something stupid like turn on a light.

Amen! Glad mine is pre-total computer control.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:46 PM   #104

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rank Your Class C

Great idea for a thread. Thanks.

2015 Forester 2801QS. First, I am sorry to see this discontinued. The floor plan is nearly perfect for me. I love the cabinets over the cab and hate the overhang on most class C's. As far as build quality, I guess now that I have some experience, would be 8 or so. I like the fact that the cabinets are put together with screws instead of staples. It had a slew of issues, taken care of by FR - to be fair, all may have not been their fault, as dealers don't really maintain them while they are baking in the sun, snowed on and rained on,on the lot. It rides very nicely, and the V10 does the job.

I would buy another, if they were available and, I got the chance and could not get my preferred class A.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:38 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonallie View Post
Goflight2 I just looked at several RV's like yours online wow...they sure hold their value! When your slider in closed in dose the seat back still recline back or does it bump the slider? That's what's wrong with my Ford and drives me nuts
I am 5'11" tall and the driver's seat runs right against the slide when it's in. I had to carefully carve out at area of the wood frame of the slide to allow the seat to come back without tearing up the seat and the slide over time. It's still a nuisance because the seat still doesn't come back far enough for real comfort. Carving out the slide frame I found out that the wood appearance on it was just stuck on paper stuff. Pretty cheap I thought. I still hold my Jayco 27DL Greyhawk in high regard.
JohnnyStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:24 AM   #106

Quote:
I don’t have any issues with it hitting the slide out. I’m 6’4”, BTW.
Goflight2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:46 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit99 View Post
Curious what people really think of their class C’s quality. Give your year, make, model, miles driven and floor plan. Rank 1-10. 10 being perfect with no issues. 1 being a [moderator edit] lemon.
2004 Jayco 27DL - Ford V-10 with Banks Conversion. I'd give that old girl of ours an 8. We purchased the rig new and now have over 65,000 miles on it. Only real gripe I have is the front seating: with the slide in (going down the road of course) the seating is cramped up to the wheel and I'm just 5'11". Another thing for the passenger my wife, in hot weather she roasts. I have to run the engine A/C all the time even though if it wasn't for the heat from the engine we would be quite comfortable up front with just the vent open.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:32 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer View Post
Maybe a 9.25 would be more accurate.

We had some unique requirements, but quality was not my highest priority.
- needed to be under 9'-11" tall to fit in our garage
- needed to be shorter than 25'-0" to fit in our garage (model 2350 is 23'-8")
- must have a full-time permanent main floor double bed
- must have a reasonable dinette, ordered without a slideout to make it so
- must have the typical features found in normal class Cs

It wasn't until I owned it a few weeks that I realized how well engineered and assembled it was, and 11 years later, it's still all good. It's over-all length is 23'-8" and 93" wide so there is little room to work with, but we have it all and with real practical usefulness. Nothing is miniaturized. We don't have piles of floor space but we don't mind that at all. Being as small as the rig is, it is quite nimble getting around in national parks and such which is always our trip focus.

11 years and 36,000 miles so far and it's still a great investment. I do try to improve things and have had some success here and there. CLICK HERE to see many pictures inside and out.
nice rig.
Zapper58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:42 PM   #109

It looks like the back of the driver's seat hits the back of the dining room seat and won't recline all the way...that' my issue with class C's
Lonnie and Allie, 2014 26' Fleetwood Searcher. Retired from US Army and the Boeing Co. Life Member: NRA, 4th US Cav Assco., 25 Infantry DIV. Member of AARP, AUSA, NCOIA, Purple Heart Assoc, DAV, Sgt Major US Army Brotherhood of Tankers.
Lonallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:46 PM   #110

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rank Your Class C

Quote:
It looks like the back of the driver's seat hits the back of the dining room seat and won't recline all the way...that' my issue with class C's

Not a problem with mine, but of course they discontinued it - 2801QS.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:45 AM   #111

Quote:
On ours, the dinette seatback tilts to allow the drivers seat to move and tilt back far enough for my 6' frame. I have seen some used vehicles with broken slide frames from hitting the seat in both C's and a few A's. Adjusting the seat each time I drive is something I'm used to anyway because my wife is 5'2.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:25 AM   #112

Quote:
Yes, even when underway and the slide is in, the back of my driver's seat cannot be tilted. And it certainly cannot be extended to it's full back position. Frustrating. If I ever win the lottery, I will probably settle for a class-A gas engine.Would definitely go for the Alison transmission version (do they make one?)

Tags
class c