Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2022, 01:26 PM   #1

Readings on 2006 Winnebago Outlook Test Panel

Hopefully the photo of the Test Panel from my 2006 Winnebago Outlook 31C has uploaded successfully. My question is the strange operation of this Test Panel. If I am operating solely on House Batteries, all of the test lights appear to indicate fairly accurate readings. However, if I am hooked to shore power or the generator, all of the lights indicate FULL!

Am I doing something wrong? Is the panel somehow wired wrong? It just doesn't seem reasonable that I have to disconnect from everything except the house battery to get accurate readings.

Very confused.

Darl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220917_124431.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	510.8 KB
ID:	376685  
DarlH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2022, 10:16 PM   #2

This probably isn't it but, are you turning off the battery disconnect switch when hooked to the genset or shore power? It needs to stay on (batteries connected).
Old 09-20-2022, 08:35 AM   #3

Yep, I have checked that as well. It doesn't matter if it is on or off. Still has to be battery power only to get an accurate reading.
DarlH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 11:39 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Wow! Really weird. Have you checked the battery voltage at the terminals when on shore power? Just thinking maybe something twerky about your converter that doesn't effect other things like lights, etc. Like maybe the dc coming from the converter isn't as "pure" as it should be?

You might try WBGO customer care at 641-585-6939 to talk to a tech. Wait times can be long though.

Guess you can live with the oddity, but if it were mine I would want an answer/fix like you do. Best of luck on the fix and be sure to post back so there will be something in the archives for others to view if they have this problem.

Good times and safe travels to ya.
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:37 PM   #5

First thing would check is the voltage at the panel on battery alone, then when on power check again. I believe you will find an unusual difference in voltage. I suspect over voltage on your converter.
sandwip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:09 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
I have the same problem with my 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J with the W24 chassis.

When I turn off the breaker to the converter, it's the same as shutting off the main breaker, or unplugging from shore power. Correct readings.

It's got something to do with the converter because if I just unplug it, the problem goes away also.

I just decided to live with it, now that I know what is causing it.

The 12 volts supplied by the converter must have a slight amount of voltage variation due to the AC to DC. The level sensors are very low voltage, and fluctuations are causing the error in readings.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel, test, winnebago