RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2020, 04:56 AM   #43

I think it's the anchor price. Start there and work down...that's been my expereince. Especially if you tell them about other similar deals and do your homework to back it up.
AlexThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2020, 09:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa5x View Post
Hold off a year, there will be many year old low mileage units for sale at bargain basement prices from all the people that are buying this year because of the covid19. By this time next year all those disillusioned buyers that realize this ainít the life they expected will be dumping their RVs for their air fares to foreign countries again. Besides all the post delivery snafus will be taken care of and the initial 30% depreciation will have been absorbed by the first owner.

Yeah I figure about 3-4 months of winter storage fees and people will be tired of paying for them.
oktwindad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:48 PM   #45

I like the tiffin.
I was concerned about the occupancy load.
There are 2 of us and 2 dogs and two cats.🤪
Old 09-19-2020, 09:06 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharrell View Post
I like the tiffin.

I was concerned about the occupancy load.

There are 2 of us and 2 dogs and two cats.

Our 2020 was 900 lbs. we took out the over cab bunk, ladder, the 3rd TV and the larger of the two table tops, which added to the OCCC. Itís 2 of us and a 70 lb dog and itís been great.

The new 2021ís are using a new composite floor to add a few hundred more pounds to the OCCC. Some of the early 2021ís werenít using it yet so just look at the OCCC and youíll be able to tell.
rogerfromco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:28 PM   #47

In your opinions, which of the options are worth spending extra money on:
lithium battery
full body paint
better generator
more solar

We already know we want the good leveling system. I have also heard of some anti-sway equipment??

Mary and Stan 2 dogs, 2 cats and an urge to rv
Old 09-21-2020, 07:04 PM   #48

Does the 30% rule of thumb also apply to used prices at dealers? I had done some math before finding this forum and came to the 30% conclusion on new RVs, but I'm not sure about used.

Specifically we're looking at Renegades that are 2019-2020. $300-400k prices on dealer sites.

Do we offer 70% on used also?
KevinKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:11 PM   #49

Quote:

lithium battery

full body paint

better generator

more solar

We already know we want the good leveling system. I have also heard of some anti-sway equipment??

Full body paint unless you are storing indoors.

The generators are generally std and I havenít seen upgrade options. Would need more info.

Getting factory wired solar (donít need to max out, just enough to recharge daily) to charge house batteries is worth it IMHO. Itís passive and means less generator run time to recharge with both you and your neighbors will appreciate.
rogerfromco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:07 AM   #50

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:

lithium battery

full body paint

better generator

more solar

On the 2020 Winnebago View I recently bought I went with all you mentioned. If you plan to boondock/dry camp more than an occasional night, the extra capacity of the Lithium battery bank and the faster charge time is helpful. My View can standard with 200W solar and I had an additional 170W panel added. Again only needed if you plan to boondock.

I also got the FBP for both looks and durability.

I opted for the ďupgradedĒ diesel generator since the on board LP tank is small and I wanted option for longer run time. Also refilling diesel is easier than refilling LP tank. However with my solar, I have hardly used my generator. So Iím not sure if this expense was justified or not.

I also got the Dual pane Windows. I like them but some warn that over time they may scratch and craze. Time will tell I guess.

I had the HWH automatic levelers installed (and the standard electric stabilizers removed).

I had an Amp-L-Start device installed to charge the chassis batteries from my house battery bank via solar/shore/gen. Without the device, the chassis batteries are only charged via alternator and could discharge while the RV is being stored.

I have not found the need for suspension mods. The rear sway bar on the new Sprinter Chassis (2019) was upgraded and is almost as robust as the Hellwigs. If I decide to add something, it would be the Agile tuned Fox shocks on the rear to reduce rocking when crossing uneven surfaces.
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c