Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2021, 06:33 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Regency

Can anyone tell me the quality of the Regency B + motor home. I was told by national indoor RV center they are a well built motor home . Would like to here from someone that owns one and their experience with the company. Thanks
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2022, 01:29 PM   #2

We have a 2022 Murphy Bed model and love it. The mattress is a little too firm but that is better than sinking through to the frame. Regency and Dealer have been very responsive and thorough to our questions so far.
ceschiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 10:01 AM   #3

We have a 2020 Regency Ultra Brougham and while we love it I would have to admit that the quality of the design and build is not as great as I would like.

My wife saw it on an RV sales lot and said she wanted to look at it. When we stopped we saw that it was only about 9 months old and only had about 3000 miles on it, but it took 3 separate walk-throughs to get all of the things that were wrong fixed - the auto step did not work correctly, the awning did not work correctly, the sinks did not drain properly, the auto leveling system did not work correctly and other stuff was wrong and needed to be fixed.

We have continued to have small problems, but they have been quick and easy to fix (and I am not particularly handy) and we do like the RV a lot. One issue we continue to have is that the local dealer does not sell many of these and the service department is not really familiar with them, so I have to contact Regency RV in Texas to get questions answered.

Still, it is a very, very nice RV and we are quite happy with it. If I were in the market I would consider buying another because it is such a nice RV.

We currently have about 16,000 miles on it and have been averaging about 17 mpg with the Sprinter chassis. The ride is smooth and quiet and we don't get a lot of rattles when on the road. And once each of our problems was fixed we have not had any more of those issues, but I would recommend finding someplace that is familiar with them in case you need warranty work done. Regency only guarantees warranty work with the selling dealer, although you can get the warranty transferred if needed.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 08:14 PM   #4

I am looking to move up from a class b van to a small C or B+ and Regency was one that has been mentioned by a dealer that I talked to but there are no dealers near me and almost no information on the internet about the quality. I like that there are versions with no slides because I don't need or want a slide. The other brands I am considering are Tiffin wayfarer, Isata 3, renegade vienna. Does anyone have any updates on their regency and how the quality is?
milo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo222 View Post
I like that there are versions with no slides because I don't need or want a slide.
You and I think alike.

We special ordered our 2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350 SEEN HERE, specifically to delete the slide-out.

Right now PHOENIX USA builds every unit fully optioned (including slide-outs) because they sell so quickly. It is their opportunity to increase profit margin. But in hard times, special-ordering will likely return. It is a rare find, but there are a few slide-less PCs out there.
Old 05-08-2022, 07:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo222 View Post
I am looking to move up from a class b van to a small C or B+ and Regency was one that has been mentioned by a dealer that I talked to but there are no dealers near me and almost no information on the internet about the quality. I like that there are versions with no slides because I don't need or want a slide. The other brands I am considering are Tiffin wayfarer, Isata 3, renegade vienna. Does anyone have any updates on their regency and how the quality is?
As I posted above, somewhat earlier, we have a 2020 Regency Ultra Brougham that we bought used. The previous owner thought he had a lemon and sold it as quickly as he could. We bought it from the same dealer and made sure that most of the items that were wrong were fixed before we bought it and have had little trouble with it since. However I would make several comments.

1) The warranty is only guaranteed through the selling dealer so if you are buying from a place not close to where you live you might have serious issues with any warranty work unless you bring it back to them. That, of course, only applies to warranty work done on the coach. The MB Sprinter warranty transfers to a new owner if that coach uses MB. I don't know about the Ford Transit warranty if the coach is on one of those.

2) My wife loves the RV because of the floor plan. We have the Island Bed model so it does not have a slide, but still has a reasonably large fridge. I like it because of some of the included options - automatic leveling system, 2000 watt inverter, large open skylight and the automatic temperature control, none of which we had in our earlier Class C.

3) There are some things that you might want to think about. The toilet is a macerating toilet which means if you lose electricity you can not flush it. The battery storage compartment is difficult to get to and so difficult to maintain any batteries. We replaced the original batteries with Lithium, but there is only room for 2 and the RV uses a lot of power. To run the refrigerator you need to have the LP on and that uses a solenoid that uses a little more than 1 amp/hour. The Xantrex inverter uses quite a bit of power when it is on. The RV uses so much power just as overhead that we added a 3rd Lithium battery, but then we dry camp/boondock most of the time. If you use shore power when camping this is not an issue.

4) We have not had many functional issues, but lately the bathroom door will not stay closed which means that perhaps the door frame has shifted. I am not sure of that yet.

All in all we continue to love to use the RV. There is not a lot of inside room, but the arrangement is quite nice. We travel with a cat and we can close the bedroom off so that we have peace at night. But if you are traveling with a large dog it might be too little space.
Old 05-08-2022, 08:19 AM   #7

One more comment.

I mentioned to my wife that I had responded to this post and she said that I should also tell you that she believes that the quality of the build in the RV is poor. I would not go that far, but I would say that the quality of the build should be better. When we bought it we had to do 3 walkthroughs because each of the first 2 identified issues that were serious enough that we would not accept the RV until they had been fixed.

The sinks in both the kitchen and bathroom would not properly drain.
The leveling system did not work properly.
The awning did not extend.
The entry step did not work properly.
The tank level indicators did not work.

Since our purchase the DVD player failed and had to be replaced.
The info display in the MB dash is too dim to see during the day. Not the main information (Speedometer, fuel gauge, etc), but the dash display that gives information about miles since reset, mpg estimates, oil level, when next service appt needs to be made, and so on. The info display that contains the radio, navigation system, system settings and so on is fine. And, in any case, these are MB issues, not Regency. MB tells me that the dimness issue will not be fixed.

One other comment. The door to the shower uses a simple catch to keep closed, but that is not strong enough to keep the door closed when making sharp turns, so it tends to open while we are in motion. It needs some additional mechanism to keep it closed.

All of that sounds serious, and there are build issues, but the RV is still so nice that we continue to be happy with it and we use it a lot since we make 15 or more trips a year. And although I am not handy with tools I have been able to mostly fix the issues that we have found, or been able to get them fixed without spending a lot of money.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV Bum View Post
Can anyone tell me the quality of the Regency B + motor home. I was told by national indoor RV center they are a well built motor home . Would like to here from someone that owns one and their experience with the company. Thanks
Regency went out of business. The number is disconnected. The website is gone.

Read this: https://rvbusiness.com/wayne-davis-r...ahiser-new.../ and this: https://www.rvnews.com/regency-rv-files-for-bankruptcy/
1999 Ford F-350 XLT Crew Cab SB, SRW, V-10, 4.30 Limited Slip, Gear Vendors Under/Overdrive, Borla Headers & Exhaust, K&N Filter, BF Goodrich Velvet Ride Shackles , Turbowing, Power Programer, Amsoil By-Pass Oil Filtering System.
LIKENIT is offline   Reply With Quote