Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2019, 01:42 AM   #15

Here is a locator.

https://www.pure-gas.org/
spyderRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2019, 04:35 AM   #16

I think that for a RV, that likely will burn a lot of fuel, and do it away from home, I would want to run what was widely available. If you drive around home on E-0 and varnish forms, then switch to E-10, you might have trouble, and won't be home...
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:38 PM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymastr View Post
Post #3 is correct. Lots of problems after switching back and forth. The ethanol will clean the varnish off and bind any water sending both through the filters, injectors, pumps etc.

If your rig is newer than mid nineties it should have rubber components built to last with ethanol. If it is older then continue or replace the non ethanol fuel lines and gaskets.

I really thank and appreciate all the replies. I have not put E0 in the motorhome yet, primarily because the two stations in Johnson City, TN would be a little difficult to get in. As for our two Hondas, we will continue to use E0 while we are at home and then E10 when away from home if E0 is not available. In 2 plus years we have not had any fuel problems with the Odyssey. 80%+ of the fillups are E0. The 20% are usually long trips in the Odyssey, but we have only had the CR-V since we bought the motorhome last April.
CapeCodJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:49 PM   #18
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
I have used E0 on all my campers when they are going to bed for winter. The generator gets a big gulp also.

My lawn things are always filled with E0. So far so good.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:58 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodJon View Post
I have been using no ethanol fuel in my autos for several years. Do the members have any observations about using no-ethanol in the Ford V10?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodJon View Post
I really thank and appreciate all the replies. I have not put E0 in the motorhome yet, primarily because the two stations in Johnson City, TN would be a little difficult to get in. As for our two Hondas, we will continue to use E0 while we are at home and then E10 when away from home if E0 is not available. In 2 plus years we have not had any fuel problems with the Odyssey. 80%+ of the fillups are E0. The 20% are usually long trips in the Odyssey, but we have only had the CR-V since we bought the motorhome last April.
Can just about guarantee that your Hondas are designed for use with E10 and that you would not have any fuel related problems using it during their lifetime.

The closest ethanol free station near us is about 30 miles away. It's also in a county that seems to always have higher ethanol fuel prices which makes the E0 even more ridiculously priced. Therefore, E10 is what's used in everything we own.

I will admit that I have one problem that comes up with my 2 older lawn trimmers. I have to replace the fuel lines on both of them about every 3 or 4 years. Fairly simple to do so I'm ok with doing that. Other than that, never a problem with my other lawn equipment, atvs, Jeeps, boat, autos, or motorhome. Their manuals all specify that E10, E15 on some, is fine.

OP, the 2018 Ford motorhome owner's manual states it's ok to use up to E15. I wouldn't pay the extra price since yours is designed to run with the commonly found E10.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:31 AM   #20

There is only one station in our town, and a total of two in the county that sell non-ethinol gas. I would hate to try to find it on a trip around the country. I do use the non-ethinol in my 1985 boat engine and in the lawn care machinery.
When gas will be sitting in storage for a while, Sta-bil or SeaFoam works wonders.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Where do you buy non ethanol gas? Can't get here in the west.
Pure-gas.org shows 27 stations in CA alone selling it. That isn't a lot I guess but it's a lot more prevalent in other places. Here in VA we have 407 stations selling non-ethanol. I know of about 6 within 30 miles of my house and I live in a very rural area. The closes two stations both have it and they are both about 6 miles from me. So, no matter which way I travel I can always find it for my boat. I never run anything else in the boat or small engines.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:44 PM   #22

I think it's totally safe to burn E10 in the Ford engine. But the generator also pulls off that tank. Does no one have any concerns about E10 in that small engine? I'm lawnmowers, everyone around here goes to lengths to make sure they only use 100% gas. What's different about the lawnmower engine powering our AC and microwave?
Old 02-06-2019, 08:58 PM   #23

Using non ethenol gas

We are fortunate to live near the Indian Reservation. DH uses 100% gasoline in the snowblower,rototiller,weed wacker,leaf..grass blower and lawn mowers. It must be popular as they now have it at the regular pump. Years ago our equipment would fail to start and required tuneups at the local small engine shops. Pay now or pay later. Love our tax free gas!!
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
I think it's totally safe to burn E10 in the Ford engine. But the generator also pulls off that tank. Does no one have any concerns about E10 in that small engine? I'm lawnmowers, everyone around here goes to lengths to make sure they only use 100% gas. What's different about the lawnmower engine powering our AC and microwave?
Definitely not everyone. Myself, I think using ethanol free is a waste of money. Not trying to change anyone's mind here, just stating this because I've never had any troubles (except for the weedeaters mentioned above) using E10.

The Onan manual states that E10 or below is fine for use in all their gasoline generators. I was surprised to see that it also states gasohol and 5% methanol is ok as well.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:30 PM   #25

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ethanol free can be found at only one station locally that I know of in a city of 120,000. Cost is over $1 gallon higher than regular. Nothing I have requires it either.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:06 AM   #26

Quote:
I think it's totally safe to burn E10 in the Ford engine.
Newer Ford engines are tested and approved for E15 (says so right on the filler neck).
Quote:
But the generator also pulls off that tank. Does no one have any concerns about E10 in that small engine?
The issue with E10 on small engines is leaving it in the tank, unused, for long periods.

Tags
fuel