Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2020, 09:26 AM   #1

Replacement Seats Suggestions???

Hello everyone, new RV owner here. We just purchased a used Coachmen Leprechaun last year and my only gripe is with the Driver and Passenger seats, as they aren't comfortable and dont have enough adjustment options.

Anyone know where I can find E350 replacement seats?

I've tried google, and eBay already as well as looked locally. I'm looking to see if anyone might have any info on if there might be universal type seats available.
Gunnor3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2020, 09:58 AM   #2

Location: Between Knoxville and Morristown, TN. A little place called Rutledge.
National Seating manufactures air ride seats for big rigs. They have a self contained (does not need vehicle compressed air) that hand pumps for height and has the usual slide and reclines. The seat would bolt to the floor but I can not say for sure that it would fit an E-350.

There is a forum group for Ford Trucks which might give you a place to search.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php
SteveNSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:43 AM   #3

Go to a You pull it yard and look for a Ford Passenger van. The higher end models have some really nice seats.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:30 PM   #4

This is a pretty common problem. My seats are terrible new. Not sure if my ample backside has beaten it into submission yet in 9k miles, but it might have softened up some. I bought expensive seat pads. Made me feel like an old fogey, but it sure seems to have worked. I use an Airhawk, and my wife uses a Purple. We're both satisfied. These are not cheap solutions, but I didn't want to deal with the trial-and-error of finding a seat that would fit in the small area we have to work with. Both our seats have bulkheads behind them, so the overall size of the replacement seat would be a somewhat critical thing.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:02 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...pe=E211US558G0

https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=m...seats+for+sale

Welcome to iRV2

[Mod Edit]
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:37 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnor3 View Post
Hello everyone, new RV owner here. We just purchased a used Coachmen Leprechaun last year and my only gripe is with the Driver and Passenger seats, as they aren't comfortable and dont have enough adjustment options.

Anyone know where I can find E350 replacement seats?

I've tried google, and eBay already as well as looked locally. I'm looking to see if anyone might have any info on if there might be universal type seats available.
1) Seating is personal, so your answer maybe best found w/ an upholstery shop, after you determine WHAT is uncomfortable, and what arrangements are needed to resolve? 2) We have several thousand miles on ours now, many 12-hour days and find seats quite comfortable, BUTTTTTTTTT.... when received, (our then 18yo rig) passenger seat would only recline about 1-2-inches before hitting my barrel chair... after investigation, I finally determined that barrel chair would not hardly move either, hardly rotate or slide, and then realized it was installed backwards on the pedestal base. After installing correctly, it now slides about 10-inches and rotates greater than 90-degrees, but also the passenger seat also now reclines enough for comfort. p.s. I suspect flooring installer made the error on the chair after removing carpet and installing laminate wood.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, seat