Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2016, 05:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHO Continen View Post
I went the full fixture route on my '95. 2 double fixtures and 5 single fixtures. if you're interested: http://amzn.to/2frcG47
thanks for the post and link...there's also some nice led florescents ...maybe put a couple of those on the ceiling and the others on the underside of the cabinets

spent all day at the tire store yesterday.. new tires on the other class C and new tires on MLW's mustang gt
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2016, 09:20 AM   #16

Hey 2FF. I read your stuff at RDP. (not a member there).

You do good work and you definitely keep yourself busy.
CarolynanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynanBob View Post
Hey 2FF. I read your stuff at RDP. (not a member there).

You do good work and you definitely keep yourself busy.
thank you...as said... I wanna spend the rest off my life helping others..

more joy from giving then receiving..
Old 11-03-2016, 07:45 AM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Hey Steve,

Looks cool.....keeping an eye on this and looking forward to going down this path myself later this year!!

P65k
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:37 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tngo View Post
Hey Steve,

Looks cool.....keeping an eye on this and looking forward to going down this path myself later this year!!

P65k
thanks paul..good to hear from you hope all is well..this to me is one of the best run around rv's ever,,,better lay out than the chinook... the big 460 pulls like an ox and runs like a mouse in slippers..david loves it..hope to get these MH's done soon but you know me... can't leave stuff alone..
Old 11-07-2016, 05:52 AM   #20

more do that cause way more work,... the stripes were cooked on pretty good.... found these ya-hoos on craigs list,.... they said they have been removing the stripes for over 6 years with great results...they showed up... first thing I noticed was one of them had a razor scraper in his hand.... off coarse he no speeky englis... I told him and all the other compradrays no use razor.. razor scratch into fiber glass....o kee dokey my friend... we use all time ..no problem...the idea for the out side was to remove the sticker.... then clean the heck out of it... but keep the patina look of old detailed ...well that didn't happen... they were working away....rubber wheels , acitone goof off and such...again... what the heck you doing.... you are burning the fiber glass trying to use the rubber wheel to get the baked on glue.... what I used to use at the body shop was 3m wood grain and stripe remover... it would attack the glue and soften it to where it would come right off....wwhile i'm arguing with the one guy the others are working away....I go to the front of the coach...keep in mind, the paint on the cab part was perfect and a little buff time and would have looked perfect.... well not now.... he was spraying acitone one the stripes then using a rubber wheel.....he was taking the surface down to bare metal and primer.....now i'm gonna have to repaint the cab.... guy tries telling me that they put the stripes on the bare metal before they painted

so now I'm out there in the land of no return.... I having a heated discussion with the one hocho that seems to be the patrone .... telling him that they runined the paint job , and how was he gonna fix it....well things got way worse..... I could hear on the back of the motorhome this scratching scraping sound....the guy had decided to use the razor scraper..... , he was digging under the sticker and taking the gelcoat off...

now it on.... I loose it on him... knowing that there is no way they were gonna fix all the damage... I would have to do it... things are getting way out of hand.... I size up the situation...3 to one brawl is coming...as I walk away to go talk to the head honcho....the other two are saying some not so good Spanish words that probley can't be typed hear even in Spanish....while i'm talking to the honcho.... they were continueing to run their Spanish mouths...

now it's on.... grab my phone... call my boys,,, say dad's fix'n to try to put a whoop'n on these guys.... I think I got it but might need a little back up...

walk around to where the other two were standing.. I size up the situation... figure i'm taking out the youngest and toughest looking one first... the other little papino next..and if the old geriatric honcho wanted some he would be last... I had them split up just right..papino was a little behind and around to the back of the coach... figured when I blasted the first guy, he would fall towards the other guy and give me a chance to take a shot at him next as he tried to step in.... as I came around corner... mad as a hornet,,,, and repeating the Spanish words..he turned out to be smarter then I thought.... he bolted for the gate and down the street....papine though that was agreat idea..... and followed...now it's just me an senior rampa....he's to old to knock out... and wants to try to convince me that they didn't do the damage.... the strIpes were on bare metal he kept saying...

so now, out of being tooo lazy to remove the stripes my self..... I'm gonna have to refinish the whole motor home
Old 11-07-2016, 06:02 AM   #21

craigs list

we use a acidic tona all the time... no problemo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03196.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	143760   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03197.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	143761  

Name:	DSC03204.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	143762   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03198.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	143763  

Old 11-07-2016, 05:35 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. What a bunch of dumbasses!

I spent 3-4 days pulling the lower vinyl stripe off my Flair with the DW. Light touch with the heat gun and a 5 in 1 scraper (not as sharp as a razor blade, glides between the vinyl and glue). Then Goo-Gone on the old adhesive for a few minutes. Slow and easy to not scratch any of the fiberglass.

Before and after.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:14 AM   #23

Sorry to hear that Steve. I had a professional graphics shop remove mine and replace. Was expensive, but worth it.

On a side note I had him make up a personalize graphic for the back. Didn't tell my wife. When we bought the RV we named it "Bob's Cabin / Carolyn's Beach House.

Here is what the shop came up with.
CarolynanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 03:52 PM   #24

fix'n the roof leak damage.....holy wheep'n Jesus...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03219.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	144189   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03220.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	266.9 KB
ID:	144190  

Name:	DSC03221.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	144191  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:07 PM   #25

got the rotted wood out....... had to glue the new wood to the styrafoam...

I put a lot of glue... that and the window frames press it to gether...

lots of work

glued all the rafters... letting them set up over night

should be finished with this part tomorrow.... gonna paint to match the rest of the coach...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03225.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	144221   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03224.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	144222  

Name:	DSC03223.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	144223   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03222.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	144224  

Old 11-12-2016, 09:11 PM   #26

the hard board I'm using has a finished white vinyl side.... I put that to the inside beings I'm painting the out side... figure that way it will be sealed both sides in case of water leak....doing the roof myself... so should be water tight
Old 11-12-2016, 09:12 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynanBob View Post
Sorry to hear that Steve. I had a professional graphics shop remove mine and replace. Was expensive, but worth it.

On a side note I had him make up a personalize graphic for the back. Didn't tell my wife. When we bought the RV we named it "Bob's Cabin / Carolyn's Beach House.

Here is what the shop came up with.
looking good... like the rear graphic
Old 11-13-2016, 06:41 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Cool project
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood