Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2021, 05:26 AM   #15

Gulf Streamers Club
Installed Magic Chef 10.1 March 2020. PSW 2000 inverter. No issues with power. Instructions say cannot install in cabinet, needs air flow on sides. Do not know if that is cause of wonky thermostat? Freezer temps run from -9 to 26 degrees? It pulls 90 watts when running. 130 watts when defrosting.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2022, 10:01 AM   #16

Refrigeration

Ron how long will your fridge run on batteries before you have to charge?
HOT ROD 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 07:34 PM   #17

Gulf Streamers Club
I do not do much dry camping. Last March I spent 4 nights on BLM land SE of Mesa Arizona. I would run generator a couple of hours in the morning and a couple of hours at night. All works good for me. I have 200AH of wet cell batteries. So about 100AH available. It runs on whole house inverter when off grid..2000W pure sine wave. It pulls max of 190 watts when defrosting.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 09:26 AM   #18

Using batteries - help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post
Xantrex Prowatt SW2000. Used two Xantrex Auto Transfer Switch (convenient package of a 15 amp double pole double throw relay) to switch power. More watts than I need for just the fridge but I'm using the inverter for other needs and wants.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

First comment! Im new here.
I have read over your plans again and again and I am trying to try to do this to my own 5th wheel RV. I am trying to wrap my mind around it all but I am not an electrician so my questions may be silly but any help I really appreciate!
So I currently have a couple batteries (I plan to upgrade my batteries and add more) I would like to make my fridge (same as the one who started this thread) able to power off battery and a few outlets, if possible, as well for when we are boondocking.
Do I need more than one inverter/transfer switch? I am looking at the recommended Xantrex 2000w and xantrex transfer switch.
Also, what batteries do you recommend?
We love to boondock but I don’t want to run my generator all the time and I can’t afford a lot of solar at the moment.
The.Mrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 04:39 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Mrs View Post
First comment! Im new here.
I have read over your plans again and again and I am trying to try to do this to my own 5th wheel RV. I am trying to wrap my mind around it all but I am not an electrician so my questions may be silly but any help I really appreciate!
So I currently have a couple batteries (I plan to upgrade my batteries and add more) I would like to make my fridge (same as the one who started this thread) able to power off battery and a few outlets, if possible, as well for when we are boondocking.
Do I need more than one inverter/transfer switch? I am looking at the recommended Xantrex 2000w and xantrex transfer switch.
Also, what batteries do you recommend?
We love to boondock but I don’t want to run my generator all the time and I can’t afford a lot of solar at the moment.
If you have the same fridge in your 5th. Then a 2000w as mentioned should work fine. Personally I have used inv on 3 different household refrig, non had digital controls,, One fridgidare I had , 7 Cubinch , whould pul high amps compressor kick in, worked but If I was running alot more on inverter, a light may flicker or TV.. weird.. Anyway. 2 good group 27 or 29/31 batteries or 2 6V would help with overnite or daily run. Stock style group 24 marines are weak IMO for the job.

Even a cheap 200 watt solar kit would really help you.. ($275-$350)

The inverter with an AT on it works well depending if and how you want things to work, If it is just to run fridge and an extension cord to tag on a light,phone charger etc,, from the batteries, you are ok.

If you want more power use in RV of the inverter, things get complex as per how your RV is factory wired..
sibe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter