Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2017, 04:24 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Thanks to everyone!

Thank you all for such great advice! We already had our camper aligned, which didn't seem to make any difference at all. Our RV shop suggested one of the two steering stabilizers. We decided on the Safety Plus. If I'm still a white-knuckler, we'll add the sway bars. I really want to enjoy our travels! .

Thanks again!!
shabti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2017, 05:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabti View Post
Thank you all for such great advice! We already had our camper aligned, which didn't seem to make any difference at all. Our RV shop suggested one of the two steering stabilizers. We decided on the Safety Plus. If I'm still a white-knuckler, we'll add the sway bars. I really want to enjoy our travels! .

Thanks again!!
Do you have an alignment report to share? At least tell us where the caster is set.
Harvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
track bar with ride rite air bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgert View Post
I could not add a rear trac bar in my 2017 Sunseeker due to the presence of the factory-installed rear air bags. Did your Sunseeker not have rear air bags? If it did, then what trac bar did you install...the Blue Ox one won't fit with air bags.
I called and verified that the super steer rear track bar will work with my 2017 Sunseeker GTS 2800 with ride rite air bags. So I ordered the track bar and a safe t plus for the front. They told me that they have done over 200 in their shop with air bags.
Charles L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:19 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles L View Post
I called and verified that the super steer rear track bar will work with my 2017 Sunseeker GTS 2800 with ride rite air bags. So I ordered the track bar and a safe t plus for the front. They told me that they have done over 200 in their shop with air bags.
Model #? Does Amazon have it (if you know)?
hilgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:28 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
model # ss450

at super steer all parts, brackets included.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:45 PM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvard View Post
Do you have an alignment report to share? At least tell us where the caster is set.
Unfortunately, I do not. When my hubby picked up the RV he did not get the report. I always wondered what they set it to. Sorry...
Old 05-08-2017, 01:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles L View Post
at super steer all parts, brackets included.
Charles, thanks...

From the instructions it looks almost like the Blue Ox version. Maybe one of them makes it for the other to resell, or they both get it from ??? I do like SuperSteer's instructions...the pictures are infinitely better than the Blue Ox ones. I'll get whatever is cheaper, faster and free delivery...but I've added this (whichever I order) to the list of stuff to do in the next few weeks.

What made you decide on the SuperSteer Safe-T-Plus over the Blue Ox TruCenter? I'm suspicious myself about the lifetime of the TruCenter electric parts...there's more than a few negative posts...but I do like the ability to adjust on-the-fly for sidewinds or severe crowns on long straight roads.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:54 PM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
Price and convenience

The blue ox is pricey and super steer is less pricey but still up there. I do not want to mess with the electronics of the blue ox. I like simplicity.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:01 PM   #23

I'm getting mixed signals on what I should do with my 2018 Sunseeker 2290s class c Ford E450. I would like to have these things done before picking the unit up-but some say I should drive it first. For being only a 25 ft rig maybe I should drive it first-what do you all think? I was consider the Safe T Plus steering damper, Hellwag front Sway Bar and a Blue Ox rear track bar.
We will put 800 miles on the rig just driving home, and then will do about 3000 in June. Don't have a relationship with a Truck shop in North Dakota yet-so we'll have to establish one. But all the add on could just go in my loan...
Jawilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawilson View Post
I'm getting mixed signals on what I should do with my 2018 Sunseeker 2290s class c Ford E450. I would like to have these things done before picking the unit up-but some say I should drive it first. For being only a 25 ft rig maybe I should drive it first-what do you all think? I was consider the Safe T Plus steering damper, Hellwag front Sway Bar and a Blue Ox rear track bar.
We will put 800 miles on the rig just driving home, and then will do about 3000 in June. Don't have a relationship with a Truck shop in North Dakota yet-so we'll have to establish one. But all the add on could just go in my loan...
I would add both front and rear sway Hellwig sway bars, and the trac bar (trac bar is the next thing I'm doing).

While I have no experience with the SafeTPlus, it is one of two I'm considering putting on (leaning just a bit towards the SafeTPlus as of today). From what I've seen it's an easy self-install if you are moderately handy with tools (which would be good as I doubt the dealer would get it adjusted "just right" on the first try...best to have miles and miles of straight flat road to fine tune it).

I would also consider putting on Koni FSD shocks, either now or later. Twice the money of other shocks, but they are simply amazing at taking out the majority of the small road bumps (dish rattling now only occurs on the worst of roads). I could tell the difference between my Class C and the others we had driven when looking. But these are more of a luxury item...helps more with the dish rattling (irritation noise) than with sway/trac (vehicle control).

If you can roll those into financing and deduct the interest as your 2nd home then good.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:47 PM   #25

Ford Super Duty Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Update after Safe-T-Plus Install

Just want to give some feedback, so far. We picked up our RV yesterday after the Safe-T-Plus was installed. Both my hubby and I took it for a test drive on the interstate with semis driving by. Boy, what a difference!! I'm really impressed! There is not much play anymore in the steering and I am much more comfortable as a passenger and a driver. The "pushing" from the semis is not completely gone, but the handling is great. I believe I can now enjoy my travels to the next camping spot! If, after a while, I'm still nervous, I can always get the sway bar. Thanks for your comments!!
Old 04-24-2018, 04:21 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabti View Post
Just want to give some feedback, so far. We picked up our RV yesterday after the Safe-T-Plus was installed. Both my hubby and I took it for a test drive on the interstate with semis driving by. Boy, what a difference!! I'm really impressed! There is not much play anymore in the steering and I am much more comfortable as a passenger and a driver. The "pushing" from the semis is not completely gone, but the handling is great. I believe I can now enjoy my travels to the next camping spot! If, after a while, I'm still nervous, I can always get the sway bar. Thanks for your comments!!
Hey Shabti, It's almost been a year since you last reported in, how's the rig handling now, still happy with the Safe-T-Plus? Did you add anything more?

Thanks!
(I'm thinking about ordering the STP as well.)
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:53 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawilson View Post

Since getting the rig a year ago we have install the Safe T Plus and the Front and rear Hellwig sway bars. Also did an alignment. Very pleased with the recent 2200 mile trek to Arkansas and back. Worth every penny we spent making the changes,
Jawilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:35 AM   #28

Question for those with more experience. Can anyone recommend a shop in the Charlotte area to get the alignment checked on a Ford E-450? I’m looking to improve the handling on my class c, and the step by step approach makes sense to me.

Tags
blue ox