Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2019, 08:28 PM   #1

Seat conversions

My husband and I have a holiday rambler Augusta. 2011 and only 21k miles. It’s like new inside and out but only 26’ and little seating... we’ve looked at trading it for something bigger but just not finding the perfect one without going over $100k! What we’d like to do is get pedestals for the passenger seat to get us extra seating. I’ve called to holiday rambler, several dealers and several rv repair places to see if we can get the turning pedestals like class c leprachaun have and a few others. No one can tell us where we can get this considering they’re just a ford chassis seats.anykne have any ideas?
Amy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2019, 08:41 AM   #2

Sportsmobile sells these. Not cheap. I’m also assuming you’re on a Ford chassis.

https://www.sportsmobilestore.com/fo...vel-seat-base/

Awaiting delivery of Grand Design trailer.
ecp3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:20 AM   #3

I looked at these models for people at my Ford dealer which also sells RV's. Looking up your rv, it is a Ford E-350. My coach is a Class A with a Ford chassis. So they are not the same chassis in regards to seats and here is why. You have a step down from your living area to your driving area, about 4 inches I think. In my Class A it's all the same level.
So when you turn your passenger or drivers seat to make it part of your living area, you have that 4 inch, call it a lip, to contend with. They have swivel seats for your rig, I saw them when I went to look. I don't remember if they went up and down some to miss the lip, maybe not. I recently replaced my seats and had to change the pedestals to a shorter height. FYI, I paid around $50 plus shipping for each, Norco Industries. I think they actually manufacture them there. They may have what you need. I will give you a link shortly. Otherwise here is what I would do. Go to a dealer who has that rig with the swivel passenger seat and look around under it for a label. Next time I go to town, I will also look for you. It would be nice to have the seats swivel huh. Big difference especially in your rig. I will edit with the link. Good Luck

EDIT: https://norcoind.com/adnik/index.html
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 03:58 PM   #4

I'm surprised nobody you called could help you. I did stop by the RV place by me today and asked a few questions. He was searching for me but I told him not to give it much time and I left. If one was to do some googling I bet you can find something for you. I did look at a E-350 while I was there and it did have a swivel passenger seat. Give the places listed above a call and see what happens. It can't be that hard.
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:39 PM   #5

Hi Amy,

RV owners of the Ford E350 and E450 chassis swap standard seat bases for swivel bases all the time for the front driver and passenger seats. I don't know where they buy them, but they are available. That would be your cheapest option. Just make sure when shopping for a swivel base, the centers of the seat mounting stems are the same as your seats. There is a 10" and the other might be 8" on-center, or maybe it's 12 and 10 inch. You want the same as your front seats have. Also make sure to get the kind that also slides forward & rearward, not just swiveling alone.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The other feature I have read that you have to look for w/ rotating seats for the Class-C Ford is where the driver's seat slides back diagonally and THEN rotates (to clear steering wheel). I researched at one time myself, but decided that since seat came out so low to floor, it was not worth the cost of that feature, to me.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:41 PM   #7

CORRECTION TO MY POST TWO UP.

I double-checked my own picks. I was wrong.

The seat itself includes the adjustment forward and aft. The pedestal offers the swiveling feature alone. The distance between the threaded stems that pass through the adjustment rails under the seat, is an important dimension. I am sure there are also other factors. Ford E-series front swivel seats are common. They should be readily available and also affordable.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 01:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer View Post
CORRECTION TO MY POST TWO UP.

I double-checked my own picks. I was wrong.

The seat itself includes the adjustment forward and aft. The pedestal offers the swiveling feature alone. The distance between the threaded stems that pass through the adjustment rails under the seat, is an important dimension. I am sure there are also other factors. Ford E-series front swivel seats are common. They should be readily available and also affordable.

Thanks for your replies .. I’ve called so many places and just ran into dead ends…. But they’ve been rv places and not truck places? Maybe I need to call Ford direct??
Amy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:34 PM   #9

Www.discountvantruck.com has a few diff ones for Ford
RangerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:56 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy C View Post
Thanks for your replies .. I’ve called so many places and just ran into dead ends…. But they’ve been rv places and not truck places? Maybe I need to call Ford direct??

We just bought a 2011 25 foot Augusta. It came with swivel seats. Looks like they were there from new.
I will look tomorrow for a name plate or part number and will post if I find anything
gimblerotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 06:42 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimblerotor View Post
We just bought a 2011 25 foot Augusta. It came with swivel seats. Looks like they were there from new.
I will look tomorrow for a name plate or part number and will post if I find anything

I found a tag stuck in the passenger seat springs.
They are made by Williamsburg Furniture Inc. in Nappanee IN
Part number is W10126VMB for the passenger side.
gimblerotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:51 PM   #12

They sell swivel bases on Amazon, I bought one not long ago and it worked well. That was for an F53, searching briefly it appears they have what you want.
GOLDandGREY is offline   Reply With Quote