Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2022, 05:31 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Secret handshake

Does anyone going down the road get excited when they see the same Class RV going down the road. Like you just want to give them a toot or flash your high beams?
rolick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2022, 05:54 AM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
I do get happy when I see a fellow RV'er, no matter the class and try to be friendly with a wave or a flash but find that most RV'ers don't respond in kind. RARELY does anyone reciprocate.

Maybe I'm a bit more sensitive to it since I'm a Jeep owner
JaytheDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 05:57 AM   #3

Waaay back in HS. Out cruising we would honk at our friends. Had to be annoying for those over 16.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 06:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaytheDJ View Post
I do get happy when I see a fellow RV'er, no matter the class and try to be friendly with a wave or a flash but find that most RV'ers don't respond in kind. RARELY does anyone reciprocate.

Haha. You almost feel rude not giving the high sign to fellow Jeepers. It’s tough with so many of them on the road these days.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 07:45 AM   #5

Twenty years ago. I think maybe all the tech-toys are distracting the driver and co-pilot from enjoying the scenery.
Old 04-02-2022, 09:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaytheDJ View Post

Being a boater and motorcyclist , it's apparent there's a sense of camaraderie , so we almost always wave or acknowledge the other enthusiast .

Not sure why our RV family hasn't adopted the tradition .
Bill Gail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 10:16 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I wave when we meet another RV on a 2-lane road. On 4-lanes or more with a median in the middle nobody sees you wave anyway!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 01:34 PM   #8

Our first motorhome HERE, a Mirage, we bought new in the fall of 1983. The company made one unit per week and was in business for 10 years. So sightings were rare. We owned it for 24 years so as the years went by, sightings quickly became EXTREMELY rare. Needless to say there was a whole lot of flashing lights and hand waving between drivers.

We sold that rig on Ebay while waiting for THIS PHOENIX CRUISER to be built for us in the spring of 2007. Phoenix USA built one unit per week for many years since 2002. I understand the company has increased production to two per week for some time now. Sighting are still rare for us drivers to react similarly.
Old 04-02-2022, 01:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gail View Post
Being a boater and motorcyclist , it's apparent there's a sense of camaraderie , so we almost always wave or acknowledge the other enthusiast .

It's much easier to see that "wave" when it comes from a motorcycle, boat, or topless Jeep. Used to get and give them all the time when I had the CJs but don't see it much driving either of the Cherokees.

I sometimes give a wave from the motorhome but not very often. In my opinion, RVing has become too popular and just too common for a wave these days.
Old 04-02-2022, 01:59 PM   #10

Quote:

I think it comes down to a lot of folks are having to concentrate a lot more in the RV. Staying in your lane, sloppy handling, stopping distance etc, and they just don't see you.
Also between the glare, tinted glass and all, it's hard to see the driver of a lot of coaches.
Old 04-02-2022, 01:59 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:

Same background here, and do kind of miss the waves - but hey, folks are generally friendly at the campground and that's what really matters.
Old 04-02-2022, 08:13 PM   #12

I wave at other RVs while going down the road. Kind of a habit I developed from driving my WRX and waving at other WRX drivers.
CarlV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:36 PM   #13

I wave at EVERYONE
Some wave back, most ignore it, some shake a fist

After they pass by I watch rear mirrors to check if any of them turn around.........
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolick22 View Post
Does anyone going down the road get excited when they see the same Class RV going down the road. Like you just want to give them a toot or flash your high beams?
You've got to be kidding.
Fogbelly is offline   Reply With Quote