Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #1

should we add an airbag suspension to our seneca?

has anyone added an airbag suspension to their seneca super c?

we have done the other upgrades (steering stabilizer, trac bars, new shocks, not sure what else) and this is the only thing we have not tried.

i just called someone and they said it helped their ride. so, that is one opinion.. anyone else??

ours doesn't ride bad just not great. i drove it for about an hour on our last trip and yeah, i wasn't real comfortable. but, like i said it wasn't horrible. just not like driving our truck with the lance on it..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Jeff, I'm assuming you have weighed your rig and correlated the axle weight to the correct tire pressures from the tire manufacturer chart. If not, you should start here. Too much air will certainly make it ride rough, and can make it handle poorly.

I have a friend that bought one of these 9 months ago. I helped her weigh it and get the correct tire pressures. For hers, the correct pressure was already in there from the factory. Can't remember what it was now, but it turned out to be the same amount that was stated on the factory sticker.

I always look at these units anytime I see one in a campground. I haven't seen one that has an airbag yet. Since it is a sprung motorhome, I doubt you will ever get a great ride, but I think it's not bad at all. It is as good as the class C Winnebago I previously owned. The other item that can affect ride is the shocks. There are plenty of testimonials on this board (in the various forums) talking about ride quality and the brand of shock on the unit.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #3

I haven't heard any really good reports regarding aftermarket add on air bags on the Kodiak/Senecas. I have wondered, however, about true air suspensions such as this one offered by Link Welcome to Link Manufacturing, Ltd. Products: Cabmate - cab air suspensions; UltraRide - chassis air ride suspension; Liftable Suspensions - lift axle; Cat's Eye - tire pressure maintenance system; DeerShield - protects grille components from deer; C

Paul
Old 11-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #4

we have added new koni shocks and sorry it is cheryl posting.

jeff drives most of the time. but, i tried to drive some on this trip.

dh says he doesn't want to go to that extreme. but, we will go back to the 95 psi that we had originally had in the tires. which is where it seemed to ride better at.

maybe we will skip the airbags for the time being. thanks for the responses.
cheryl
Old 11-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #5

We did the air bags a few months ago. I like it because it smooths out the ride in the back for the DW. I also had already done Koni's, trac bars, sway bars and a steering stab.

Beave
BEVAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #6

Well, we went out today and test drove a class a. We wanted to know how different the ride would be. Personally, we didn't see it as being a whole lot different. I think we took out a fleetwood discovery. It wasn't a bad ride. But, i don't think it was $80,000 + worth of a better drive.

We love our floorplan in our seneca and are going to do some research on airbags. We are also going to look into putting an edge in it. We have an edge in our sierra pick up and it has helped in that.

But, at least we finally got to try the difference in the two mh's. We will try the airbags. At least it will help lift the back end. Thanks.
Cheryl
Old 12-20-2009, 02:09 AM   #7

We recently purchased our first MH, a 2007 Jayco Seneca 35GS. We were fortunate that the prior owners invested in a Tru-Trac, steering damper, rear sway and the firestone ride-rite airbags. I find the airbags with the built-in compressor system to be extremely useful. The coach rides very well and is very easy to drive.
misosoup is offline   Reply With Quote