Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2015, 11:47 AM   #1

Side Camera's (Aspect & Cambria)

Been looking and have narrowed our search for a used Aspect or Cambria 27K. Does anyone know what year they started putting the mirror side cams on?
Also we would like to hear from owners of either of these motorhome about their experiences? Good, bad, Or what do I need to do to improve handling, if at all?
Thanks
lwcryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2015, 09:09 PM   #2

Smile Aspect 27K

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwcryer View Post
Been looking and have narrowed our search for a used Aspect or Cambria 27K. Does anyone know what year they started putting the mirror side cams on?
Also we would like to hear from owners of either of these motorhome about their experiences? Good, bad, Or what do I need to do to improve handling, if at all?
Thanks
I have a 2013 Aspect 27K no side cams and for my money I would not have them, I test drove one with the cams and I found that it took my eyes off the road, also the mirrors on this unit work really well. As for handling I would not change a thing, you can go down the road using one hand on the wheel and it does not wander just drives like a big Ford truck. I set the tire pressure at 75 psi on the front and 80 psi on the rear, if you inflate the front to 80 it will wander a bit. I have 21000 KM on the unit with no real issues, had a shelf come loose, had a small leak on the fresh water tank, everything was real easy to fix. Over all quality is excellent the ride and handling are excellent and the storage is out of this world it has a huge storage area in the rear of the motor home. Also I'm getting real close to 10 mph on a US gallon and the V10 has a tone of power. We really like the 27K floor plan it's a great two person coach. So to sum things up there is not much that I would change on this motor home it has just about everything that one would need mine does have two solar panels and I have added a tire monitor system, hope this helps you out I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have.
cygnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:27 AM   #3

cygnet,
Really appreciate the reply & advice.
Sounds like the 2013 is what I should be looking for!
Never owned a B+ before, but I like the aerodynamics of them and the storage in 27K.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:10 AM   #4

I have a brand new 2015 30J Cambria and love it. I haven't really had any serious issues. The fit and finish is better than I expected. There are a few things that annoy me.....things like the TV is difficult to see from the sofa and could have been fixed easily by opposite hinges on the front TV. But no structural or serious mechanical problems.

The slides work great but seem to squeak some going down the road.

As to the side cameras....I had them on my last 40 foot diesel and paid a guy to turn them off. They were very distracting to me on the road. Trust your mirrors. If they would put the side mirrors on a manual switch or permanent screen I would absolutely pay for them. But the switching with the turn signal was very disconcerting to me. Just my opinion.

My coach was special ordered, and I think I got just what I want. Right now, it's in the RV garage polished and safe and I go out every afternoon with a good cigar and tinker with it. My wife and I love it and are happy with downsizing to it.

I am running 75 lbs. front and rear but I haven't weighed yet and don't know whether that needs adjustment. Before I put air in the rear shocks it didn't drive very well. The dealer overlooked that. I fixed it at the first campground and it made a world of difference. I think I'm running 65 lbs in them.

I don't think I will have to add any steering stabilizers or heavier shocks but it's too soon to really say for sure. My Ford Explorer weighs almost 5000 lbs and pulls OK. I wish it weighed 3500 lbs but it's mine and ready to pull so I will tow it for a couple of years.
crh97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:58 AM   #5

Sounds like the side cams are more trouble than they are worth. We do like the Aspect and the Cambria layouts. My tow vehicle is a 2005 Jeep Liberty 4x4 CRD, well under the 5000# tow limit.
Thanks, crh97
Old 04-26-2015, 10:05 AM   #6

I run my rear air bags at 40 psi seems to ride better for my taste. My coach is real quiet not squeaks or rattles and Ford does a good job of the cab know problem carrying on a conversation in the cab a highway speeds, the V10 does roar a bit going up hills. I usually set the cruise at 65mph thats about 2450 on the tach. Most hills it down shifts to 3500 and just torques up from there.
cygnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:36 PM   #7

We have a 2013 Cambria 27K. Love everything about it except one thing; the instant hot water heater. I hate that thing.

We have the side view cameras but I don't use them. I don't find them a distraction I just never had them before and I don't see a need on a class C.

I think the shower is a bit small but it is totally usable.

The trunk storage is awesome but poorly organized. I built shelving (light weight) to help with that. We do not use the included picnic table and took it out.

We love the floor plan. It is just the wife and I so the couch would have been a better use of space but the dinette is comfortable enough.

I run 65 psi to 75 psi in all tires, I'm frankly not that picky about it but I do keep about 50 psi in the rear bags. I upgraded both stabilizers and installed Koni RV shocks; it drives like a dream now.

Our Cambria is our second in this product line, our first was a 2006 Aspect 26A. We'd have kept it except we really wanted the queen bed in the 27K.

Quality wise this RV product line far surpasses, at least in our experience, any other class C coaches we looked at. I know people who love their lazy days and Phoenix cruisers but we never looked at them so I can't comment on them.

That's my two cents.
boiledfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #8

We have a 2011 Cambria 28B. Has about 23K miles on it. Koni shocks, rear trac bar, and a steer safe. Had it also aligned by a motorhome specialtist shop while fully load. Rig handles well towing a Honda CRV. Only issue is a constant need to caulk...trying to find the right sealant that will last more than 6 months for the roof/sidewall and some of the vertical sidewall seems.

Overall quality seems very high compared to a lot of the competitiors rv's we have walked through, including some costing a whole lot more.

We spend about 4 months snowbirding in the winter in it, and it is sufficient in size. We bought it used and saved 30k off the best price we could get a new 27K for, so we are pretty happy about that.

The Ford V10 seems to be a fantastic engine. It handles both the up and downs and we have had it on several big mountain western grades and it did just fine.

We have had it four wheel weighed ready to travel and were 800lbs under capacity! We run 55-60 psi in the air bags and 80 in the rear tires and 70 up front.

Good luck!
2wiresdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera