Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2022, 05:45 PM   #1

Sleeping in Winnebago Navion/View

I’m considering buying a Navion but wondered how comfortable it is sleeping on the dinette or overhead bed? I’m seventy and things hurt more than they did 40 years ago.

I don’t think my wife and I can both sleep in the queen on a regular bases.

We had a Tiffin Phaeton a year ago and moved to an Airstream. Now we want something a little smaller and easier to pull off the interstate to find lunch.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2022, 06:23 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I don't know about an overhead, but I'd think it'd get old having get to it/out of it via a ladder. I'm a wee bit younger than you & it wouldn't be easy having to get up there.

As for sleeping on a dinette, unless you've got a memory foam cushion to put on top of the cushions, it's not comfortable. I've done it. You have to cushion the seams where the cushions come together &, even then you also can't stretch out unless you're under 5ft.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 07:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I don't know about an overhead, but I'd think it'd get old having get to it/out of it via a ladder. I'm a wee bit younger than you & it wouldn't be easy having to get up there.

As for sleeping on a dinette, unless you've got a memory foam cushion to put on top of the cushions, it's not comfortable. I've done it. You have to cushion the seams where the cushions come together &, even then you also can't stretch out unless you're under 5ft.

Thanks. I was afraid of this. I have never thought cushions could provide a good nights sleep.
Old 07-01-2022, 07:48 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
We sold a Tiffin and bought a new 2018 View 24D back in the fall of 2017. The View’s Murphy bed is a queen, our bed at home is a king.

When I get a restless night and don’t want to annoy my wife, I frequently get up into the overhead. In fact I prep the bed and ladder each evening just to be able to do that quietly. The key for me is to be sure my hard sole slippers are close so the ladder rings don’t hurt my feet. I’m a bit older than you.

If I’m for some reason in the dog house, I’ll start the night up in the overhead :-)
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 08:16 PM   #5

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
We sold a Tiffin and bought a new 2018 View 24D back in the fall of 2017. The View’s Murphy bed is a queen, our bed at home is a king.

When I get a restless night and don’t want to annoy my wife, I frequently get up into the overhead. In fact I prep the bed and ladder each evening just to be able to do that quietly. The key for me is to be sure my hard sole slippers are close so the ladder rings don’t hurt my feet. I’m a bit older than you.

If I’m for some reason in the dog house, I’ll start the night up in the overhead :-)
This comes to mind
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Welcome back Your usual Stay.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	369866  
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:41 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
If you like the Navion platform you may want to look at the 24V model. It’s has twin bunks in the rear. There is a center cushion that will allow you to join the left and right bunk for one larger bed.
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 04:50 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Being at odds with the wife in a View must be a hard row to hoe. The wife and I usually get along in close quarters and I am thankful because we have owned a truck camper and a 16 foot Scamp in the past. Had three dogs with us in the truck camper and two in the Scamp. I am 76 now and would not want to try that again.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 08:09 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
You didn't think of this before you bought? Should have gone with the twin bed floorplan. We had a Navion with twin beds (converted to King) and never had a problem sleeping.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:56 AM   #9

Thanks for all the replies. Some are really funny.

Not having a good sleeping arrangement could be a problem.
b1rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:37 AM   #10

In our 2008 View the wife likes the fold out sofa. I like the floor. Too much hassle breaking the dinette down into a bed. Not comfortable anyway. No overhead bunk. Has storage instead.
Old 07-02-2022, 12:31 PM   #11
Community Moderator

Dinnett would be too short for an adult to lay down on and the overhead bed would be challenging to climb in and out of. Consider a different manufacturer and model with a king bed and/or couch that folds out to a bed like the Entegra Vision 27A.
Old 07-02-2022, 01:05 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
You didn't think of this before you bought? Should have gone with the twin bed floorplan. We had a Navion with twin beds (converted to King) and never had a problem sleeping.
Who are you addressing?
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 01:22 PM   #13

Winnebago's Navion 24V is quite similar to our Thor Citation Sprinter ST, with twin beds in the rear. While we share a king size bed at home, we find the twin beds to be an adequate substitute when we are on the road.

For a Class C motorhome that's only 26 feet from bumper to bumper, it has plenty of space for two people, a large bathroom area and lots of external storage. Plus, we get about 16 miles per gallon from the Mercedes V-6 diesel engine.
1JetDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 11:38 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Who are you addressing?
The OP, of course.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
view, winnebago