Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2023, 09:47 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Don’t miss looking at the Winnebago EKKO Class C. Built on a AWD Ford Transit chassis with an EcoBoost turbo 3.5L V6 gas drivetrain. Has twin beds, dry bath, no slides and is just 23’ long to fit a standard parking space.

https://www.winnebago.com/models/pro...s/class-c/ekko
Thanks for the idea. The bath seems to be more of a wet bath than dry. If someone actually has one please let me know otherwise.

The used 2022 all have over 12,000 miles... that is alot of miles in a short time.
cag61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2023, 09:50 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Bill View Post
Just a couple of comments. We have a 24' Bigfoot (Canadian mfg) with a diesel under the "doghouse" between our two seats. Having had experience with gasser RV's, I would never give up the diesel. On I25 at 65 MPH over the rolling hills here in southern New Mexico, we only hear a downshift every 20 - 30 miles, and then it is only one gear. On the gas rigs I have owned, the trans would have downshifted two or three times and the motor would be be screaming at 5K RPM+. I know that the rig is just trying to stay in the optimal torque range, but it sure is noisy! If you are going with a class C, you have to think about engine noise. Sure, ours puts out more decibels at startup and while idling, but once you are underway, it is MUCH quieter.
My other input is try to stay away from options you don't need. All the sex and sizzle are just more things to breakdown. When I was shopping for our MH, I would not look at anything with slides. Since it is just the two of us, we don't need the extra room and slides would only add complexity and weight.
Best of luck in your search.
Thanks for the input. Yes, we have a diesel F-350 pickup so we do like the diesels and have heard about the noise issues with gas.

Agree on keeping it as simple as possible. We are open to a single small slide, but no big ones. We have found a number of ones with no slides that could work for us.
Old 02-06-2023, 02:19 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by cag61 View Post
Agree on keeping it as simple as possible. We are open to a single small slide, but no big ones. We have found a number of ones with no slides that could work for us.
You seem to think as I do....."SLIDE-LESS" is best as long as the floorplan still works at meeting your RVing needs.

Slideouts and seamed front over-head bunks are the two weakest links on every class C. Avoid both and you've got a much better rig for the long haul. When buying a used one with either or both, beware of potentially hidden issues.
Old 02-06-2023, 02:50 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for the idea. The bath seems to be more of a wet bath than dry. If someone actually has one please let me know otherwise.
It's not a wet bath, but an unusual wet/dry bath. There is a wall in the dry bath that moves to turn the bath into a shower room. But when the wall is in the shower position it completely seals off the sink/toilet room.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Rs1IPCyFb2I

One potential down side of the EKKO is that it does not have a black tank, but a cassette toilet like a European or Australian RV. Some new Class Bs have the same arraignment. So, be aware of that. It works like a standard RV toilet only to dump you open a door on the outside of the RV, remove the sealed cassette and dump it at any normal dump site.

It has a fresh water tank - just no black tank.

There is talk that they are working on a slightly longer model with a conventional black tank. But no announcements yet.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:59 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
It's not a wet bath, but an unusual wet/dry bath. There is a wall in the dry bath that moves to turn the bath into a shower room. But when the wall is in the shower position it completely seals off the sink/toilet room.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Rs1IPCyFb2I
Interesting concept in a bathroom design. I never seen that before.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:25 AM   #48

I am not promoting the line of Wingamm Oasis. I just find them very intriguing.

All models have a one piece shell, similar to that of Coach House, but smaller and lighter. Their website says the chassis is a Fiat Ducato. I did read once that USA models were to be built on the SRW Dodge Promaster cut-away chassis which I think is front wheel drive so there is a lot of under-floor space to utilize for RV purposes. So is it a Ducato or a Promaster chassis?

There are 7 different models in the making inluding their longest, a rear twin bed floorplan, the Oasis 690 that has an over-all length of 22'-8" feet long.

Their shortest model, Oasis 540.1 has an over-all length of only 17'-6", and an over-all height of 9'-7". As of today, it is the only model currently available to purchase in the USA. In the floor plan, drag the center red/white arrows all the way left and right and see what happens.

All models have that unique "lowering bed" from ceiling to bar-height that appears to be a very robust design. The underside of the "lowering bed" is finished like a ceiling with lighting so when the bed is raised, it looks nicely finished-off. There is a lot of unique inivation to make so much fit in such a short motorhome.

Their website says that you can rent model 540.1 for a weekend.

We owned THIS MOTORHOME for 24 years that was the same length as model 540.1 so of course I find the Oasis very interesting. It is so much nicer than what we had and unlike ours, it is fully featured.
Old 03-06-2023, 10:44 AM   #49

Well, we have decided that our first choice is a Forest River Sunseeker TS2370, my wife likes the shower best and I like the beds are almost full size. MPG is a bonus.

Second is the Phoenix Cruiser 2552, the shower mainly but the odd sized beds seem like a pain for sheets.

I will start another thread asking if anyone has a TS2370 and what they like/hate about it, they seem a bit hard to find used.

Thanks for the input from everyone!!
Old 03-06-2023, 11:38 AM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
I had a Forest River Forester 3151S which is a bigger brother to the Sunseeker lineup. We loved the layout. We put 28,000 miles on it. During those 2-years we went from love to hate and it was a very happy day indeed when we traded it in and only lost $30,000.

Hopefully, not everyone has this kind of experience from a Forest River Class C, but make sure to spend time on the Forest River forum (a spin off from IRV2) to get a real world view of the brand.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/
Old 04-16-2023, 12:44 AM   #51

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
This has been a very interesting string. I too after many years want to move down to something smaller. I've been reading about the Tiffin Wayfarer and the Winnebago La Vita. And now the Phoenix cruiser really interests me.
I know the gas mileage on those two above with the Mercedez diesel.
some one mentioned a small rv like above with the gas v6 ford engine. Does anyone know what the gas mileage is for that engine. Sorry, I didnt make note of the brand of RV. My studying will continue. Thanks for any info.
Old 04-16-2023, 02:38 PM   #52
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
My PC gets about 9mpg not towing; 10 if I've got a tail wind & going downhill.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 02:58 AM   #53

Hi mcbus,

For your reference, we own a 2007 Phoenix Cruiser 2350 (23'-8" over-all length) built on a 2007 Ford E350 with 6.8L-V10 engine. I track our fuel economy throughout our trips, then calculate the gas mileage once back home. Our cross country trips average between 4500 and 6000 miles, with fairly consistent fuel economy numbers.

9.2-9.5 MPG when towing our Jeep Liberty
10.5 MPG when towing nothing

If you buy a recent Phoenix Cruiser, it will have the newer 7.3L-V8 engine. I understand you will see a 1.5 MPG improvement compared to the same rig with the older 6.8L-V10 engine. It will also provide more power and operate more quietly. Also helping with fuel economy is the extra gear in the transission.

The Ford E-Series chassis keeps getting better with every passing year. Don't disregard it for a few extra miles per gallon with a different chassis that has far less capability.
Old 04-17-2023, 10:44 AM   #54

Hi, I started this thread and I just wanted to pass along what we are still trying to decide on.

The Transit/Mercedes will get better mileage BUT, can't really tow anything as there may not be a hitch or there is no real ability to carry the tongue weight. So, even carrying bikes on the back can be a challenge. Also, the weight you can tow is pretty small. The newer transit has a gas engine which I heard it is close in mileage to the Diesel engine but still has the weight limits. But not the cost at the pump penalty. Here Diesel is a $1 or more than gas. I love diesels though and both my car and truck have diesel engines.

The PC has the advantage that you can tow your car or trailer, but lower mileage. For me there are also very few in the PNW.

Good luck, also I hear that RV prices are dropping.. so some good news.
Old 04-22-2023, 01:10 PM   #55

Quote:
Hi, I started this thread and I just wanted to pass along what we are still trying to decide on.

The Transit/Mercedes will get better mileage BUT, can't really tow anything as there may not be a hitch or there is no real ability to carry the tongue weight. So, even carrying bikes on the back can be a challenge. Also, the weight you can tow is pretty small. The newer transit has a gas engine which I heard it is close in mileage to the Diesel engine but still has the weight limits. But not the cost at the pump penalty. Here Diesel is a $1 or more than gas. I love diesels though and both my car and truck have diesel engines.

The PC has the advantage that you can tow your car or trailer, but lower mileage. For me there are also very few in the PNW.

Good luck, also I hear that RV prices are dropping.. so some good news.
The class Bs are popular.

I like my Class C for the roominess in comparison to a B and its ability to tow my car. Because my toads max speed limit is 65, I usually set the cruise to 63-64 mph and I get better mpg than not towing where I drive the speed limit plus 5 mph.

People seem content with the B, but on a rainy day cooped up inside I need the space of a C.
ChrisDParise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, twin bed