Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2023, 12:53 PM   #1

Small Class C/B+ with Rear Bath and Twin Bed

Looking for some input on this. Wife and I are getting ready to retire, sell the 5th wheel and getter a smaller class C so we can go to national parks and generally easier to drive. No need to tow anything, like to have hitch for carrying bikes, gas or diesel

Wants -
Under 30 foot, closer to 25ish. not over 8 foot wide (live on county roads)
A reasonable bathroom and shower
Twin Beds, don't need to make into queen/king

Like -
Theater seats for watching TV
Bed/storage over the front seats

Our short list -
Wonder FTB
COACH SYNERGY RB24
Sunseeker TS TS2370

Thanks for any input.
cag61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2023, 12:53 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Take look at PPL's website. Lots of different rigs and they show the floorplan of each rig.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-r...y=price%20desc

You can also get an idea of prices. They list selling prices as well as asking prices.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 03:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned Tourist View Post
Take look at PPL's website. Lots of different rigs and they show the floorplan of each rig.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-r...y=price%20desc

You can also get an idea of prices. They list selling prices as well as asking prices.

Thanks, I had forgotten about PPL. I found the sold price area, thanks again.

Chris
Old 01-30-2023, 09:32 PM   #4

Take a look at the BT Cruiser floor plans, you might like what you see, I have the 5240, its a average quality RV with great floors plans.

You might like the 5255, twin beds and large rear bath.

Their prices are also better than some other brands out there.

https://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/prod...ser/model/5255

https://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/prod...omes/btcruiser
Old 01-31-2023, 06:23 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you're interested in used RVs, look up the Thor Axis and Vegas twins. The 25.5 model is 27 feet long and less than 8 feet wide. It's a "Class A" "RUV" on a streched (188") wheelbase E450 chassis. It's on the 14.5K/22K GVWR/GCWR chassis and can tow up to 7,500 lbs. The 25.5 has a rear bath and mid twin beds/couches. The front has a slide-out with couch/fold out bed. There is also a drop-down bed over the cockpit. The cockpit is elevated, which reduces the doghouse intrusion, common with Ford E-series Class Cs. My 2017 25.5 gets an honest 10 mpg, not towing. My fully loaded 25.5 weighs 13,100 lbs.

There's also the Axis 24.1 model with rear twin beds and a smaller mid bath. It's 25 feet long. Most were built on the E350 chassis, but some are on the E450. It is the only Axis model that has been in continuous production since 2014. I believe PPL has a couple 24.1 on their website if you switch to Class A's.

There is a very large Thor Axis/Vegas Facebook group for great support.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 09:29 AM   #6

What sort of mileage will these smaller RVs get?
Looking at a Thor Tiburon, with a 3.0 Deisel?
dhlairbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 09:39 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlairbus View Post
What sort of mileage will these smaller RVs get?
Looking at a Thor Tiburon, with a 3.0 Deisel?
That's probably on a Mercedes chassis, so I'm guessing around 15 mpg. Don't forget that diesel is about $1/gal more than gasoline in Florida and may offset any gains in fuel economy.

Sent from my SM-A515U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 10:22 AM   #8

Good point, thanks
dhlairbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 12:10 PM   #9

From what I have found.

The Mercedes/Ford get about 15 (Diesel)
Anyone know mileage for the Transit Gas engine?
The E-350/E340 about 10 but the newer might get 12-13 (Gas)

I am looking at the smaller ones mostly from an easier to drive and getting into some state/national parks that don't have space for my current 5th wheel.

Mileage would be nice, all my current vehicles are diesel and it is about $1 more than gas currently.
---------------------------------------------
I have the following to my list -
BT Cruiser 5255
Thor Citation 24sv
Axis 25.5
Old 01-31-2023, 12:50 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I recommend Phoenix Cruiser (I'm biased). PC calls it a B+, but since it's on the E350/E450 instead of a van chassis, I consider it a C. The 2552 fits your rear bath/twin bed requirements. It's also on a Ford chassis, which'll get you much more CC than anything on a MB chassis, you don't have to worry about DEF issues & it'll be easier to find service centers for a Ford than a MB. Oh and gasoline is cheaper than diesel.

A Hoosier Cruiser (made by former employees of PC) would work too, as they are clones of PC's.

CoachHouse (261XL Platinum - 26'10") would be another high quality B+ in your requirements, but they are extremely hard to come by.

The CH has a better TV viewing layout as the TV is directly across from the lounge furniture. I could do the same with my PC if I got rid of the chair by the door (it's worthless anyway) & moved my TV there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2552.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	385458   Click image for larger version

Name:	261XL.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	385459  

NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 03:56 PM   #11

Of course the Wonder FTB doesn’t have the front bunk/storage but having owned an LTV on the Sprinter chassis and now a Wonder RL I don’t think you’ll go wrong with either. Exceptional quality and value and we particularly like the Wonder built on the Transit with the 3.5 gas motor. Plenty of power and gets 15mpg burning regular gas. Order time is very long but excellent used ones pop up often on the FB LTV’s for Sale section.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 04:01 PM   #12

That Hoosier Cruiser looks pretty nice. I like the shower, most seem to be that corner neo-angle one which is tight. Now if I can just find one....

Thanks for the input.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:09 PM   #13

Thanks for the tip on the LTVs. I looked in FB but I didn't see a for sale under the LVT site. Could it be the "Leisure Travel Vans Enthusiasts RV For Sale" site?
Old 01-31-2023, 06:04 PM   #14

The Phoenix Cruiser is on the higher end of quality, as are the Hoosier Cruiser and Coach House.

The width of every Phoenix Cruiser is 93" which makes them easy to maneuver. The over-all height to the top of the a/c unit is 10'-1" making them one of the lowest profile class B+'s which lowers their center of gravity. The aerodynamic streamline design makes them easier to drive. Getting around in national parks is naturally easier which includes low-hanging branches in campgrounds that are broken off by taller motorhomes.

If "New" is too rich, and "Shorter" is most critical, search for a used Phoenix Cruiser model 2551. The company stopped making them a couple of years ago when the popularity of model 2552 overshadowed them.

Length of a PC-2551 is 26'-10" which most often included a spare tire compartment on the back wall. This model dates back to 2005 or 2006.

Length of a PC-2552 is 27'-10" which often lacks the rear spare tire compartment. This model was introduced around 2015. It is extremely popular for its many extra interior amenities for that one foot penalty.

We have owned our Phoenix Cruiser model 2350 since new in 2007, a link of many pictures is below. It has been a great investment. Nearly every PC owner is "VERY" happy with their purchase, with customer service, workmanship, design, and materials......something you don't hear enough with the big name brands. I could call Phoenix USA tomorrow morning and still get great customer service on my 16 year old PC-2350.

Tags
class c, twin bed