RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2020, 10:04 AM   #1

Small portable grills

We currently have a q grilL and love it but it is heavy at my age. Just curious what people use including electric models....
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2020, 10:33 AM   #2

There are lots of small, light weight grills out there. We have used a Magma Cabo marine gas grill for about 7 years. It's okay. Regulator had to be replaced, twice, but when it works, it works okay, not great, just okay.

Just purchased the: https://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Hollow-.../dp/B07NR9G7BC
Haven't used it yet, but it is small, lightweight, and has nice reviews. I also like that it has latches to hold the top secure when not using. On special right now for 30% off. There are also others out there for less $$$ that have good reviews. Hope this helps!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:52 AM   #3

X2 on the Smoke Hollow grill . The grill and it's components are Stainless Steel .

Lowes has the same grill (different name) for sale in their stores so you can see one and touch and feel before buying. Amazon will save some $$$.

We've had ours for several years and still looks and works great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
There are lots of small, light weight grills out there. We have used a Magma Cabo marine gas grill for about 7 years. It's okay. Regulator had to be replaced, twice, but when it works, it works okay, not great, just okay.

Just purchased the: https://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Hollow-.../dp/B07NR9G7BC
Haven't used it yet, but it is small, lightweight, and has nice reviews. I also like that it has latches to hold the top secure when not using. On special right now for 30% off. There are also others out there for less $$$ that have good reviews. Hope this helps!
Bill Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:50 AM   #4

Weber Baby Q, used it 2 or 3 times a week for the last 20 years and never replaced a part! I do not leave it out in the weather and only use a brass brush to clean the grill part.
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:21 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrbus View Post
Weber Baby Q, used it 2 or 3 times a week for the last 20 years and never replaced a part! I do not leave it out in the weather and only use a brass brush to clean the grill part.
X2
Volunteers USFWS. 8500 hrs each, 28 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:40 PM   #6

Weber Jumbo Joe. It is small and very light weight but you can cook surprising amount of meat. We prefer charcoal to gas.
raybcrna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:15 PM   #7

We're on our second one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/Weber-1141001...-garden&sr=1-4

Weber has an identical one which uses charcoal (don't ask me how I know - hint, it's sitting in my garage because I didn't read the fine print.)

There's light so easy for me to pull out of the compartment. I use a 5# propane tank instead of the small 1# bottles.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:57 AM   #8

We purchased a small portable grill at Costco last year. It cost Around $140, and works great. There are 2 flame control knobs for warm & cool zones. Was a good buy for us.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:59 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check this out at Amazon
Solaire SOL-EV17A Everywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UNTIG6..._lG7XFbRQSFKNC

Have this one for 3 years
1. Does not drip grease when stored.
2. Does not blow out in any wind.
3. Fast pre heat and rapid cool down.
4. Lightweight
5. Small footprint
6. All stainless steel
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrbus View Post
I saw a blurb on the news and they say don't use any kind of metal brush on them. Apparently some of the strands of metal can come loose, or break, and have ended up in people's meat, and if swallowed, results in a perforated bowel and a trip to the operating room. They said they see some of these cases on a regular basis. I started using a 3m scrubby on them.
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:39 AM   #11

I have used the Weber Go Anywhere and the Smoke Hollow. Both work great. The Weber is pretty light and small. Easier to stow.
Bluedogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #12

We love our Weber Go Anywhere Charcoal. I watched this video, and completely fell in love with the compact, capable setup. So I've mimicked this guy's setup completely. In one small box, I have a grill, a chimney starter, a brush, and grates. These grates can be used bar side up for a normal steak experience with zero flare-ups, or flat-side up for something closer to a griddle. You'll get excellent burgers off the griddle side, and steaks are phenomenal either way. This small grill uses very little charcoal, is lightweight, and gets as hot as you'd ever want.

Old 12-10-2020, 10:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
We currently have a q grilL and love it but it is heavy at my age. Just curious what people use including electric models....

We use a UCO Flatpack Grill. Excellent and light.
Atlantaemail is offline   Reply With Quote