Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2021, 03:13 PM   #1

Smart Hydraulic Leveling Install

Anyone install a smart hydraulic leveling system in their class C? I have been talking with Equalizer, and they say their system should work, but my coach is an 07 and they only guarantee fitment on 08 and up. These systems are expensive, but so nice to have. Anyone do this upgrade? I would really appreciate knowing what system it was, how you like it and what it cost to put on.
randk2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2021, 08:10 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I had HWH on a 2010 E450. Good system but the fold-down style jacks, which are a bit suboptimal for a couple reasons. Best to just have straight jacks if you have the room.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:03 AM   #3

I would check with Bigfoot, most class Cs have them. Very easy to use and reliable, probably cost you about 4000.00 to have installed.
gljurczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 06:20 AM   #4

My RV came with the Bigfoot levelers. So far so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I would check with Bigfoot, most class Cs have them. Very easy to use and reliable, probably cost you about 4000.00 to have installed.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:31 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
The HWH system was a $4000 option on my Phoenix Cruiser over ten years ago. Hydraulic leveling ain’t cheap. Now I have both hydraulic and automatic air - nice to have options.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:01 AM   #6
Commercial Member

hwh makes straight down jacks for most class c rv’s
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:50 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
hwh makes straight down jacks for most class c rv’s
A much better choice than fold down as long as there’s room. I think my 24’ Phoenix Cruiser was just too short to allow enough space up in the frame - too much other stuff filling it up. But agreed, HWH can do about anything with hydraulics. Having recently spent a week rattling around in their R&D shop, I really got to know their capabilities.
Old 04-22-2021, 04:42 PM   #8

I did a lot of research on leveling systems before I had it installed on my class C. I settled on the Bigfoot four pump system. It functions amazingly well. Power it on, push auto level and it's done. The manual function comes in handy also. The local tire shop didn't have a lift big enough for the motorhome, but my Bigfoot system got the tires off the ground for service. The system was installed at the factory in Michigan and cost about $4,600. Best option we put on the coach.
Gregors is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, install, leveling