Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2018, 12:58 PM   #1

Sprinter seat covers

Has anyone purchased seat covers for a Mercedes Sprinter Class C? Looking for recommendations. Ours are cracking and peeling due to the poor fabric chosen by Thor and I'd like to cover rather than replace since we plan to trade ours in this summer.

Thanks,
Lynn
SiestaRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2018, 02:33 PM   #2

I've heard good things about Kathttps://katzkin.comzkin seat covers.

Just a suggestion but you might want to consider having the seats re-upholstered as nothing screams "coverup" like seat covers. Potential buyers might wonder what else is hidden from view.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:41 PM   #3

Did you try Amazon? They have covers or you can recover them yourself. Today's covers are very easy, just have to stretch and slip a clip over the frame. Look under a seat and you will see what I mean.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sumtin View Post

Just a suggestion but you might want to consider having the seats re-upholstered as nothing screams "coverup" like seat covers. Potential buyers might wonder what else is hidden from view.
I will look those up. Thanks.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm one that tends to point out everything that might possibly be wrong with it when selling! LOL! I have some friends interested, but I'm almost hesitant to sell to someone I know just in case something happens. For now, I'd just like to cover the ugly seats so I don't have to look at them as we finalize our decision on the new coach.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:34 AM   #5

I did look at Amazon and there are MANY choices! Was hoping to find someone who has actually bought covers to learn from their experience, good or bad.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:47 PM   #6

I,don't have a sprinter, but my seats were a,light tan and with two dogs, went for fitted seat covers. That was in 2012, 85000 miles and holding up very well.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:44 PM   #7

Seat Savers in Miami makes covers that are custom fit to the vehicle. These are designed to be protective slip covers that can be removed and laundered if needed, and they are made of many different materials but the most popular are a cotton duck material. I have a set on my Pontiac Vibe and have been intending to order a set for my MH, as I cannot stand the "ultra Leather" that Winnebago upholstered the original Sprinter seats with. Would rather they have left the original German fabric on them.

Charles
Old 03-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #8

Charles are you sure that the original fabric is not there? When I contacted Winnebago about getting the upholstery replaced on my 2016 Navion G they sent me a new set of covers to replace the ones that were coming apart. When I removed the covers I found that the original charcoal gray cloth upholstery was still there. In the end I only replaced the headrest covers as we had decided to put sheepskin covers on the seats and they covered up the flaking material.
johninsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinGA View Post
Seat Savers in Miami makes covers that are custom fit to the vehicle. These are designed to be protective slip covers that can be removed and laundered if needed, and they are made of many different materials but the most popular are a cotton duck material. I have a set on my Pontiac Vibe and have been intending to order a set for my MH, as I cannot stand the "ultra Leather" that Winnebago upholstered the original Sprinter seats with. Would rather they have left the original German fabric on them.

Charles
Thanks. I contacted Seat Savers.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninsd View Post
Charles are you sure that the original fabric is not there? When I contacted Winnebago about getting the upholstery replaced on my 2016 Navion G they sent me a new set of covers to replace the ones that were coming apart. When I removed the covers I found that the original charcoal gray cloth upholstery was still there. In the end I only replaced the headrest covers as we had decided to put sheepskin covers on the seats and they covered up the flaking material.
Oh wow...Is there a way I can see that without totally destroying the current seats?

Lynn
Old 03-06-2018, 07:04 AM   #11

Look under the seat, there should be clips to release the cover.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:13 PM   #12

Thanks all! The wife has decided that we are taking the 2 cats with us from now on, so was looking for something to protect the driver and passenger seats. I think I will see about having an upholstery shop make covers for the dinette seats / back. I can almost envision the holes in the seats now, without covers.......
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sumtin View Post

Looks like Katzkin is pretty specific as to where they sell and who installs as they specify installers. None in my area, so looks like that one is out.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:08 AM   #14

I was able to look under the back of the seat and unfortunately the old cloth seats weren't there. Bummer because we are preparing to trade this unit in this summer and that would have been an easy fix.

Felix from Seat Savers got back with me quickly and is going to help me decide which covers would work for my sprinter.

I think it's interesting that so many of these coaches have issues with the fabric and there has been no recall. Our sofa is also cracking and peeling. I wouldn't be surprised to see a class action suit at some point.

Tags
cover