Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2020, 12:18 PM   #1

Steering tires

Does anyone have experience with a liquid injected into the front tires to
balance them?
Hottuna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2020, 12:40 PM   #2

The next person that has to work on that wheel will curse you. And maybe charge extra to clean up the mess.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:09 PM   #3

I had beads in my class C tires. They spilled out during replacement and I had the tires spun balanced.

When the tires started failing, I could feel a wobble when starting off, but the beads would balance the bad tire at higher speeds.
I had a front tire dismounted and you could see the ripples in the sidewalls from the belts separating.

Its just a cheap way to sell light truck tires in a car tire shop. They don't have the bigger machine to spin up 16" LT tires.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 02:36 PM   #4

I've known people that have used the beads fix for moderate tire bounce, out of balance on a class A, so I suppose they work. I'd get the balancing problem fixed, before I'd try them, though.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:15 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is a circular CENTRAMATIC self-balancing truck device that goes on the the lug nuts, now available to Class-A and Class-C around $200/ axle (+/-)
Old 01-10-2020, 11:28 PM   #6

I have used the Centramatic wheel balancers for several years and am highly pleased with them. Have them on both the steer and drive axles. They are pricey but they balance the entire wheel assembly not just the tire. Easily removed and replaced or even move to another rig with the same tire. No exotic installation they just slip on over the wheel lugs behind the steer tires and between the tires on duals
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:31 AM   #7

Nope no beads. But I am spoiled I have a local alignment shop that spin balances tires on the RV and does tire shaving.

RV does not fit in their shop so they align it in the parking lot for $59

West Coast alignment. Ft Myers FL.
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:38 AM   #8

Thank you

Thank you to all that responded, I did a Google search for tire balancing in ft. Myers and West Coast Alignment didn't show up. Great info.
Thanks again.
Hottuna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottuna1 View Post
Thank you to all that responded, I did a Google search for tire balancing in ft. Myers and West Coast Alignment didn't show up. Great info.
Thanks again.

It is an old school place, I doubt they have a website. They moved from their old shop on Lafayette st which was like walking into a 60's movie set.

3735 Fowler St., Y, Fort Myers, FL 33901

Call before you go, I do not know how big they will work on??
(239) 332-0588
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steering, tires