Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2020, 03:28 PM   #1

Stereo and backup camera inoperative.

When moving my 2010 Winnebago Outlook recently I found that the stereo and backup camera are inoperative. I have checked all fuses on the chassis and coach all are good.
When the door is opened there is a small blue light on the stereo that lights up and then goes out at the same time as the dome lights. I assume that is a different circuit than power to the unit.
I have had a battery disconnect switch on the chassis battery that has been used many times recently. I was wondering if using the disconnect would cause a problem. I do hear the relays clicking every time I reconnect the chassis battery.
Also I guess it’s possible for the head unit on the Jensen stereo to have gone bad.
Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.
Rkortan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2020, 08:00 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkortan View Post
When moving my 2010 Winnebago Outlook recently I found that the stereo and backup camera are inoperative. I have checked all fuses on the chassis and coach all are good.
When the door is opened there is a small blue light on the stereo that lights up and then goes out at the same time as the dome lights. I assume that is a different circuit than power to the unit.
I have had a battery disconnect switch on the chassis battery that has been used many times recently. I was wondering if using the disconnect would cause a problem. I do hear the relays clicking every time I reconnect the chassis battery.
Also I guess it’s possible for the head unit on the Jensen stereo to have gone bad.
Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

I would venture to say there is another fuse block somewhere.
Marksnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:02 AM   #3

Rkortan-

First off, welcome to iRV2!

Second, you should add a "signature" to your profile. It contains whatever info you want; most people put info about their coach there, so they don't have to type it into each message. Instructions for adding a signature are here.

The wiring diagrams for your coach are here (for a 29B) or here (for a 31C).

The wiring diagrams for the 2009 29B and 31C are more complete.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:40 AM   #4

I would pull the stereo out and check for more in-line fuses. I had an issue on obviously different RV manufacturer. It is an old Jensen with a detachable face and the security light was always on, but the unit itself just would not power up. Which made me think that the unit itself was bad in some way because all fuses in the cab fuse block were fine....

Pulled the stereo out and tucked pretty far back there they were. There were two in-line fuses behind the head unit with one of them being blown. Replaced the fuse and no troubles since....
Old 06-07-2020, 07:56 AM   #5

I still have some troubleshooting to do. I was hoping for an easier solution than pulling the stereo but it looks like that’s where I’m heading. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2020, 01:05 PM   #6

I ordered the special tools to pull out the stereo. Hopefully that will allow me access to a blown inline fuse.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:55 AM   #7

Well I have made some progress. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0835.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	465.1 KB
ID:	289027Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0836.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	423.7 KB
ID:	289028Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0837.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	383.3 KB
ID:	289029Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0838.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	409.0 KB
ID:	289030
There are three inline fuses and they are all good. The only circuit I can’t identify is the yellow wire at the left bottom corner of the radio.
It does not have 12v under any circumstance that I try.
The radio does have 12v on the right side where all the speaker wires are located.
I was thinking of just applying 12v to the yellow wire to see if it does make the radio work.
Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:07 PM   #8

Rkortan-

That switch above the radio, marked RADIO POWER... Does switching it one way or the other solve the problem?

By the manual (link here, page 3-6), the COACH BATT switch must also be on for sound to come out of the radio. That switch is near the entrance door or the galley, according to the manual (page 6-6).
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 01:51 PM   #9

Doesn’t make any difference how the switch on the console is set. The battery disconnect near the door doesn’t change it either.
Although I will check all that again just to be sure. Thanks
Old 06-10-2020, 04:19 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Well I have made some progress. Attachment 289027Attachment 289028Attachment 289029Attachment 289030
There are three inline fuses and they are all good. The only circuit I can’t identify is the yellow wire at the left bottom corner of the radio.
It does not have 12v under any circumstance that I try.
The radio does have 12v on the right side where all the speaker wires are located.
I was thinking of just applying 12v to the yellow wire to see if it does make the radio work.
Any help is appreciated.

Yellow wire should be a trigger for your reverse cam.

Put her in reverse and see if she energizes
Old 06-10-2020, 07:53 PM   #11

Ok I’ll check that on Saturday.
Old 06-12-2020, 03:56 PM   #12

The yellow wire gets 12v when in reverse.
Now I’m out of options. Everything has power but stereo/monitor does not turn on.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:56 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
The yellow wire gets 12v when in reverse.
Now I’m out of options. Everything has power but stereo/monitor does not turn on.
Do you have power to your inline fuses?

Is your stereo one unit and the monitor another unit?
They are both inop?
Old 06-12-2020, 06:17 PM   #14

The online fuses are good. The stereo and monitor are one unit. I’m leaning towards just a bad unit.

Tags
camera