Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2018, 11:23 AM   #1

Sterilizing water tank

I have viewed several videos about using the clorox/water to clean the fresh water tank however my Class C Concord has no inlet other than the hose coupling and I'm not sure how to get the cleaner in!
Sitinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2018, 11:30 AM   #2

You will need to use a funnel with a flexible hose.

2018 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 35E /2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland
AlanEBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #3

I have a question I filled my tank with chlorinated city water will that prevent and clean the tank of the ickies. Or will it also go bad over time?
Old 05-01-2018, 11:44 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you don't have a gravity water fill or a winterizing port at your water pump, here's a couple more ways to insert the sanitizing solution.

You can fill your water hose with the the sanitizer, then connect it to the RV.

You can use a pump. I have a $12 drill powered pump and a couple short pieces of water hose (Camco makes them). Mix my sanitizing solution in a bucket and pump into the RV from the bucket. I also use the pump to put fresh water in the RV when dry camping.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjthedad View Post
I have a question I filled my tank with chlorinated city water will that prevent and clean the tank of the ickies. Or will it also go bad over time?
It will go bad over time, a relatively short time.

We put the same water in swimming pools and you can see what happens to them. True your water tank doesn't have the same exposed surface area, but it DOES have an air vent allowing outside air "stuff" to get in.

Tim
Healeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #6

Nirmal city water not high enough Cl to sanitize.
Use 1/4 cup per 15 gal of tank capacity pump through all fixtires and let sit overnight before draining and flushing.
Winemaker2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:16 AM   #7

I just put 1/4 cup bleach per 15 gallons (3/4 cup for my 46 gallons including water heater) poured into the hose with a funnel and then hook it up to the water spigot. Cleans the tank/lines and your h20 hose at the same time.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:23 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitinin View Post
I have viewed several videos about using the clorox/water to clean the fresh water tank however my Class C Concord has no inlet other than the hose coupling and I'm not sure how to get the cleaner in!
Drain the water from your hose and pour in the recommended amount of cleaner. Hook the hose up to the MH and turn the water on with the valve turned to tank fill.

Tags
tank, water