Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2011, 06:45 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Sun Heating inside of Coach

Has anyone found a sun screen that not only covers the front window shield but the side windows at the same time. It is starting to get warm here in the South (80+) during the day and noticed air conditioner running a lot to keep coach cool, and it's not even Spring yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
DRosedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Try Magne Shade. We've got several members that have them & are quite happy with them.

We probably would've gone with those, but chose MCD duo interior shades instead (decided we didn't want to have to put away a wet/dirty outside shade). They are pricey, but we really like the duo-shades. The day shade substantially cuts the heat/sun transfer & we can easily see out.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #3

We are in Phoenix they say it will be in the 90's by the weekend. Our covers (3) came with our motorhome, they are made by the rvshade company, and go on snaps around the windshield and the the two front side windows. In addition to the covers we have a large sheet of foil covered insulation type material that fits inside the front window. We can't see out the front window but it saves using the blinds and we find the motorhome is substatially cooler in the window area than it was before we put up the shades and the insulation.
srydve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Thanks for the info. Still looking hope others with make suggestions.

DRosedale
Old 03-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
I just noticed I did not indicated in my original post that I have a Coachmen Concord (2011) with a Ford E450 cab.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
If you put your coach info in your signature (User CP / Edit Signature), it'll follow you in all your posts & help us whenever you have a question.

Lori-
Old 03-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
You can buy Reflectix at many hardware stores for under $5/ linear foot and cut to fit with scissors. Reflectix is like bubble wrap sandwiched between 2 layers of silver mylar. You can make custom sunshades relatively cheap and they roll up and store easily.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #8

When I head into sun country I pull out my 20 yr old ADCO white wrap around cover - not fancy - doesn't allow you to look out - but beats every other cover I have tried when it comes to keeping the rig cool - no contest.
ksg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Lori, this information is in my CP, at least it was when I just looked, but didn't realize it would bleed over to my posts, or do I have to do something else to get the information to bleed over to my posts. Thanks for any help, as I am sure you can tell, I am new to the forum and really have enjoyed it, there are tons of information for a new RVer.

Thanks again
Old 03-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Fixed. Now your signature will show on all your posts (old & new).

For reference, when you click on Post Reply, if you scroll down you will see an Additional Options box. I checked Show Your Signature in the Miscellaneous Options section (it wasn't checked before).

Lori-
Old 03-31-2011, 01:25 AM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Thanks Lori, I never saw that box.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:01 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
DRosedale...You will also find many other members chose to go with the RVQuickShades. These are completely inside so the blinds do stay dry and clean and you never have to go outside when you use them.
I have met Tim & Crystal more than once. (I actually made sure I never told them who I was until I decided to purchase the blinds...in retrospect..maybe I should have...it may have gotten me a discount) They were the most courteous and forthcoming from any other "screen distributor" that I met. I have also had other front blinds... and the others did not match the one that I got from Crystal & Tim.
Good Luck with your decision...

PS-maybe YOU can get the discount I did not ask for...just tell them MonacoMama or iRV2 suggested you call

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:08 AM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Thanks MonacoMama, will take a look at them. Will let you know if I get the discount
Old 03-31-2011, 02:13 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRosedale View Post
Thanks MonacoMama, will take a look at them. Will let you know if I get the discount
LOL..You actually may get a disount...
I forgot to tell you..I saw tests that were done on outside blinds AND inside blinds - and the RVQuickShades won all but one area...and it was minor overall...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote