Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2018, 01:16 PM   #1

Swivel Seat

Hi everyone. We have a brand new Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS and were told the passenger seat swivels. We can see a circular base at the bottom of the seat...but can't figure out how to make the seat actually turn. We're not even sure at this point if it does. Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Deb
Deb n Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2018, 02:24 PM   #2

If you can think up a question, someone will put an answer on Youtube. But, is it the right answer.

Ndrorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:27 PM   #3

Swivel seats are an option in the 311. If your have it, there should be a lever mechanism in the base of the seats in the inside of each one. You need to take the back from all the way to the front. I have them and it is one of the reasons we bought our unit.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:09 AM   #4

We bought a brand new 2018 sunseeker 2290 last fall. During our initial walk through, the tech showed us how the seats swiveled. He only was able to partially rotate them and told my wife and I "that is all they will turn". He even got a second tech who said the same thing. I thought that was odd as I have seen similar seats rotate 180 degrees at the RV shows. Fast forward. ....when we got the rv back home and in the driveway I was bound and determined to see if I could get any additional rotation out of these seats. After finding some written instructions on the internet, I went to work on the seats. It took QUITE a lot of elbow grease, but after a while they rotated 180 degrees. These seats can be very difficult to turn and some are easier to operate than others. To this day, my wife is still unable to get the full 180 degree rotation. So beware.
ccssid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:09 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This also looks like a (possible?) solution for those tall men looking for leg room to drive?
THenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #6

CCSID, the key to rotate the seats is to first bring the back all the way to the front so that they are kind of inclined to the front. Then, you pull the level under the seat and move the seats 45 degrees toward the middle. Once they are in that position, you turn them around. Many dealers don’t have a clue about these seats. That was our experience. Once we take the steps mentioned, we can turn them 180 all day long. Just my recommendation.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONWisconsin View Post
CCSID, the key to rotate the seats is to first bring the back all the way to the front so that they are kind of inclined to the front. Then, you pull the level under the seat and move the seats 45 degrees toward the middle. Once they are in that position, you turn them around. Many dealers don’t have a clue about these seats. That was our experience. Once we take the steps mentioned, we can turn them 180 all day long. Just my recommendation.
Yes you are correct. The dealers are indeed clueless. I did exactly as you stated, except my particular seats are extremely tight when I go to rotate them. For instance on the passenger seat I have to get to the 4:00 position, on my knees, reach out with my left arm to pull and right an to push and in one swift twisting motion I am able to get a full 180 degree rotation. Hopefully they will loosen up. If I was smart I would take back to the dealer and have them change out the harware. One problem is that the dealer is 200 miles away. He beat the local dealers in price by a wide margin and the salesman was a super guy to work with.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:41 PM   #8

Are you putting the arm rest up too? It is necessary for turning them. I think mine were hard at first but with time it is better. The arm rest rub the door some but not a big deal.
Hope it gets better.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:59 PM   #9

Thank you EVERYONE!!! Watching the YouTube video was probably the biggest help...but everyone's thoughts and comments helped too. Once we realized we had to have the seat all the way forward (and the armrest actually had to be down I think), and realized we weren't actually trying to SWIVEL it at first but move it toward the center ... it worked just fine!!! Thank you ALL! We might make it after all!!!
Deb n Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:03 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONWisconsin View Post
Are you putting the arm rest up too? It is necessary for turning them. I think mine were hard at first but with time it is better. The arm rest rub the door some but not a big deal.
Hope it gets better.
Thanks Jon. I am sure it will become easier as time goes on.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb n Denise View Post
Thank you EVERYONE!!! Watching the YouTube video was probably the biggest help...but everyone's thoughts and comments helped too. Once we realized we had to have the seat all the way forward (and the armrest actually had to be down I think), and realized we weren't actually trying to SWIVEL it at first but move it toward the center ... it worked just fine!!! Thank you ALL! We might make it after all!!!
This is good. Congrats.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:55 AM   #12

Glad you made it work. It gets easier with time. That was my experience.