Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2020, 12:06 PM   #29

Hi Phil, I must admit I never thought of a portable TV? But then again I never thought of a phone without a cord either. I may have just dated myself.

I for one have no problem with a TV requiring me to look up or down a little. It’s that off to and angle I don’t like.

I asked Coachmen regarding the Concord 300DS if they would run power and TV wire to a cabinet and they said NO. They recommended I have the dealer do it. I don’t know, if I want something done I’d want the builder to do it.

But in as much as the 2022 Concord (out in spring) is being totally redone. I’ll check it out before making any decision.
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2020, 07:33 AM   #30

I think perfect would be a Super C but only 27 - 29 feet long. Slides okay and on a Freightliner or International chassis. There might be much I don't know about those vehicles.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:42 AM   #31

Hi Sgare, Many reasons to buy a Class C verses a Super C. But they are not apples to apples, maybe more like doves and chickens. I have manny opinions on the subject but this thread is the wrong place for it.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:40 AM   #32

If there is a general rule, the cut-off between a C and Super-C is 30 feet. Anything longer than 30 feet on a Ford E450 (the most capable chassis in the "C" category), over-weight becomes a serious matter. The quantity of slide-outs also comes into play. Each slide-out adds roughly 500 pounds. 3 slide-outs adds roughly 1500 pounds.

A Super-C that is 30 feet or less, could be quite harsh on the house with regards to the ride. The house could shake to death, splitting seams and such.

Again, this is "in general", not hard fast rules because each house has it's own weight characteristics. You can also modify the chassis suspension with aftermarket products to help in addressing any such ride issues.

There is one rule that is fairly trustworthy. For the softest ride possible to protect the integrity of the structure of the house and contents, you want each axle to be loaded to within 500 pounds of it's max rating. Too much extra capability translates into a rougher ride than what is needed, and that just breaks things and splits seams more easily.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:29 PM   #33

Looks almost as if you took pictures of our 2018 Jayco 29XK short of the rear window. Pretty close what you have in those pictures.
I converted the bunk to a cabinet, moved and installed a bigger TV to the same positions as seen in your picture.
Ironically the total length of the 29XK is 32.6 lol.
KregChar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:18 AM   #34

Looking at my 2007 seneca 34ss. It appears that the unit the op is looking for was built over 10 years ago. Why has the rv world lost it's way.
edenns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:27 AM   #35

Hi edenns, All the pictures I posted are from 2020 and 21 models. If you click on the photos or arrow over them it shows the motorhome name and model.

Perfection is a Nobel thought me thinks!
Old 10-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #36

Why do manufacturers insist on screwing up easy-to-fix, but important things? For example, I'll find an almost perfect unit, but it has a single-bowl kitchen sink instead of double-bowl. That gets a major rejection from my better half. Even worse they don't give you room on the counter to place a dish drainer.

Speaking of counter space, at least have the decency to provide a few inches to put a coffee maker. Unless they figure people really enjoy pulling out the coffee maker from a cabinet and placing it on the dining table every morning, then putting it away afterwards.

And is it really that difficult to have a nightstand (to put your glasses on) on BOTH sides of the bed?

Also, not sure why an RV would have the above limitations, but include 6 TVs. I may be a bit of a trend setter, but I haven't watched broadcast TV in many years. All my viewing is Netflix/Hulu/etc, or On Demand. And that is typically not available when mobile, unless you got a really good unlimited data plan (which is typically unlimited only on your phone). So my plan is to use laptops / tablets / phones with downloaded content (the Netflix Android app has offline support, can pre-cache a bunch of movies and/or TV shows before heading out on a trip). And with all family members having tablets, etc, I don't see anyone really needing a TV in the corner of the camper (much less 6 TVs).
derekp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:33 AM   #37

Hi derekp, You are right and is the very reason for this thread. The only answer can be they are designed by engineers and drafting teams. Then they bring in sales and marketing and they say “Hey, have you ever been in an RV”? It’s like I say so often to my 4 year old granddaughter “I love you and you’re a crazy person”! The difference is she’s supposed to be!
Old 10-27-2020, 01:06 PM   #38

So I “weaseled” a trip to the local motorhome out of my wife last week. Looked at the Forester 3011ds and Jayco Greyhawk 29MV. We liked the construction, quality, fit and slam latch’s of the Jayco over the Forester but liked the tv location of the Forester and pass through over the Jayco.

One thing that I was not impressed with was the amount of spray foam the Forester had under the floor around the wheel wells. Why did they do this and why is it so ugly. Seems like a great way to trap water, salt and dirt.

Any users have any insight?
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 03:16 PM   #39

Hi Funengineer, First I can understand your wife not wanting to be seen with very often. My wife is a lot like that as well. What was your opinion of the interior fit and finish between the two coaches?
Old 10-27-2020, 03:19 PM   #40

There is No perfect class c .. Hot, Noisy, wasted space, Most are under powered..Etc ..Etc...Etc...
Mr Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 03:38 PM   #41

Thanks for that in depth assessment Mr Ted. Can’t help but wonder why you’d be lurking on a Class C forum with that low opinion of them?
Old 10-27-2020, 03:49 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Thanks for that in depth assessment Mr Ted. Can’t help but wonder why you’d be lurking on a Class C forum with that low opinion of them?
? I guess i just wish some one would have spoke up (or i did more research) before i bought one. We are all here to learn. Its always nicer when its Not the hard way Your Welcome..
Mr Ted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c