Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2020, 04:50 PM   #57

Longer than 28 feet and the places where we can camp decreases by 90%. Not a problem if we go to a KOA or other private campground but we prefer to go to state parks and USFS campsites where spaces are shorter and it is a first come first gets the space so even if there are a few 40' spaces it could be occupied by someone with a SUV who is tent camping.
Calson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2020, 05:41 PM   #58

I think that's right... You need to know the purpose and use of the RV you're buying. Many of the National Parks are kind of first come first served. But I understand most National Parks are on a reservation basis. And if you've booked a space for a 40' RV you'll not find a situation where someone has put up a tent.

I've always gone with the idea if you get by with 25' go to 28 to 30. Most RVers don't trade down in space they trade up. That's why I was thinking towards the 32'6", the largest of the Class C category.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:12 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Hey gljurczyk, Do you know that for sure? I ask because the Coachmen Rep told me you can no longer order a Concords because they are completely redesigning it. He told me I’d find more about it on the Concord site in December and the new 2022’s will be out in spring.

From what you’ve said it’s a simple model change of the 300DS and 300TS. Are you sure of that?

You also said “would wait for the new Coachmen Concord to come out, hands down better built then the forester,”. Are you saying that from personal experience?

Thanks for your post

Yes I’m sure, the biggest and only change will be the stove and convection oven. As far as quality Concord beats forester handed down , the construction is better, for one alone, Concord has Anzel walls, solid wood cabinets and drawers . The walls alone should tell you something, Anzel cost 7 xs the cost of FR products. You will never have delamination. FR will not use it because of the price difference. Customer service alone should push that way, and yes I have had 4 different FR models, Coachmen is hands down better in all aspects.
gljurczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 06:19 AM   #60

You should also google Anzel walls, you will see the superior wall system compared to compressed Luna board.
Old 11-14-2020, 10:01 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
You should also google Anzel walls, you will see the superior wall system compared to compressed Luna board.
I'm assuming you're talking about Azdel?
Old 11-14-2020, 11:12 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
I'm assuming you're talking about Azdel?

Yes, that’s it, glad you corrected it.
Old 11-14-2020, 11:44 AM   #63

Yes Azdel is a terrific product no question about that. Even Jayco (who doesn’t use it) told me it was a superior product. Then went on to say they’re happy with theirs and have used it for many years. I had no idea Azdel cost 7x more then the alternative? That’s a lot!
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:14 PM   #64

For those that are concerned with TV position -- I've seen several units that have the dinette w/ large window (and associated blackout window shade) right across from the sofa, such as the Greyhawk / Esteem 27U and 31F models. And they have cabinets above the sofa.

Perfect spot to mount a projector TV aimed at the window shade on the opposite wall?
derekp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:19 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Yes Azdel is a terrific product no question about that. Even Jayco (who doesn’t use it) told me it was a superior product. Then went on to say they’re happy with theirs and have used it for many years. I had no idea Azdel cost 7x more then the alternative? That’s a lot!

Yes, all this is true about Azdel, in fact if you go to the Coachmen factory there sign is printed on it. Now there is no special covering on it at all just a piece of wall, I was told it’s been up for over 7 years in all types of weather in Indians, and still looks like new. It’s a great product.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:28 AM   #66

It’s almost a deal breaker isn’t it? The Coach either has Azdel or don’t buy it. I was very surprised by the reaction I got from Jayco when they admitted it was a superior product. Even after saying they’ve had their system for years and are happy with it. You could almost tell he wanted to follow up with “but. It’s not as good as Azdel”! It’s not often you find something that is universally agreed upon!
Old 11-16-2020, 07:47 AM   #67

The Perfect Class C at 32.6 feet... WoW!

Found this article interesting. So if Jayco uses it on their light weight trailers why are they not using it on their Class C models?[emoji849] This keeps getting more frustrating.
https://gotraveltrailers.com/which-t...ers-use-azdel/
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 07:54 AM   #68

It’s interesting that Jayco uses it but only the front diamond plate on the Hummingbird, Jay Feather, and White Hawk travel trailers.

That’s also the part of a trailer that takes the greatest beating. Tells us something in itself!
Old 11-16-2020, 09:53 AM   #69

The Perfect Class C at 32.6 feet... WoW!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2020-11-16-11:50:39-068.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	269.1 KB
ID:	308238
Here’s what a closeup of what the Azdel looks like from our 2019 Forest River Flagstaff.
Interior on the left, exterior on the right.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:46 PM   #70

Hey Funengineer, Tell us a little more about what we're looking at?

Tags
class c