Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2015, 01:18 PM   #15

I am having problem with warranty work from them.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2015, 04:59 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife View Post
I am having problem with warranty work from them.

Tell us more. Age of unit. Problem. Service center having the work done at. What Thor is saying.
wbwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:09 PM   #17

We just recently bought a 2014 Thor Class C. We like it. I've always liked Thor products when going to RV shows.
powerkamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:49 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
We have a 2015 Thor Four Winds 33SW and love it. A few out the door problems that were fixed, and as they say "a thing of beauty" now.
YosemiteBobR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #19
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Thor has been very helpful when I emailed them about the design of my new to me 2011 camper. I had an electrical problem and could not find the low point drains. They supplied MFG drawings that really helped both times. Who knew the low point drains are right behind the passenger side rear mud flaps!

My previous MH was a Damon Challenger. Again Thor was very helpful finding parts for that old thing. They even directed me to a third party that had what was needed. Not cheap, but an OEM part. I so love my Thor (first year they owned Four Winds) class C.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRR View Post
I so love my Thor (first year they owned Four Winds) class C.
??? I believe Thor has owned Four Winds since 1992.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:46 PM   #21
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Hum, so I was misinformed. Still love what I have.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
Is anyone familiar with Thor? A friend is getting interested in a Thor Class C toyhauler. I know nothing about them.

Don

Are you talking about a Fun Mover? I recently purchased one and love it. Kinda cramped on living area, but overall great. mine is a 2000 and it is still in great shape
Ddewey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:40 PM   #23

2007 Thor Four Winds 23A

We love ours. Just got one used from a dealer and already took the maiden voyage. We do have one problem that seems to be out there but no one has a solution or a fix. We can't fill up the gas tank. It keeps cutting off even at a trickle. Dealer is now saying its a extended warranty issue. If anyone has a fix or go around please help me. Otherwise it is an awesome Coach and Thor industries has great customer service.
sylphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:06 PM   #24

As a professional in the heating, cooling and fuel industry I have see this occur for several reasons. The two most common are restricted flow in the filler or vent line, the second being a blocked ROV (roll over valve). Because class c motor homes are built on a rolling chassis and knowing the industries shoddy workmanship history the filler tube and possibly the vent tube probably were kinked when the coach was installed. If you are still under warranty take it to a dealer and have it checked out, if not and you are mechanically inclined look at the hose and see if you can straighten it. A worst case scenario would be to add an elbow if a replacement hose is unavailable. The ROV is located on the top of the tank and allows fumes to go back into the emissions system, if when the body was added that line got pinched this will cause issues as well. In any event get it fixed soon or it will be a big negative taking the fun out of your motorhome adventures.
Radexjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 12:52 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddewey78 View Post
Are you talking about a Fun Mover? I recently purchased one and love it. Kinda cramped on living area, but overall great. mine is a 2000 and it is still in great shape
Didn't see a reply...so...
No, the FunMover is a different RV from the Outlaw. See:
https://thormotorcoach.com/outlaw/class-c/

There was also a Super C Outlaw for 2015...the 35SG. But it was discontinued. There are still some on dealer lots now as year end close-outs. Both C's are very nice and functional RV's.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:43 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Didn't see a reply...so...
No, the FunMover is a different RV from the Outlaw. See:
https://thormotorcoach.com/outlaw/class-c/

There was also a Super C Outlaw for 2015...the 35SG. But it was discontinued. There are still some on dealer lots now as year end close-outs. Both C's are very nice and functional RV's.

Safe travels
I should have phrased that differently, I meant fun mover style, as in class c with a garage. Is the funmover line even still produced?
Ddewey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:31 AM   #27

Just bought 2014 33sw super c. How has yours been. Have read about slide issue and drive shaft problem. Any issues you have and could advise me. Thanks, BD
bduck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:25 AM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a 2006 Four Winds 5000 we bought almost new in February of 2007. It's on the Ford E450 chassis with one good sized slide out.
We have been extremely happy with it. Not one major problem. 28,000 miles of which almost all have been ours.
Small things:
Fit and finish of interior cabinets and trim not nearly as nice as some of our friend's class C's. Easily fixed. We camp in it, not live in it.
It only came with one 12v coach battery. We boonedock 90% of the time and went though a battery every 2 years.
2 years ago, I modified the battery tray to hold two 6v golf cart batteries. I also swapped out most light bulbs with led bulbs. Not one battery problem since. We run the heater at night now, up in the mountains, where before it would really drain the single 12v.
I have no experience with toyhaulers, but would bet owners do a lot of boonedocking, like we do with our Jeeping shenanigans!

Tags
class c, motorhome, thor, motorhomes