Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2020, 07:43 AM   #1

Thor information Class C

I am considering trading my non slide for a slide model. It will be used 2015 or newer due to my budget and use. I am looking at the thor 28z or a Leprechaun 260qb. Any owner information would be appreciated. Of course looking for reliable coach. I am older and cannot crawl around for a bunch of repairs anymore. Anything you want to share would be greatly appreciated.
frank1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2020, 08:24 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
BE careful of Thor products and have an independent inspection done (that you pay for) before exchanging any money.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:35 AM   #3

i have a thor c 26A with one slide the bead goes out the side. i will never buy another thor C mine is very cheeply built.. take someone with you if you buy a thor C. the ford chassie is great but thor didnt build that. i would look else where jmo.
i forgot it is a 2015

DREAMER
FMCA 200924
push toy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:15 AM   #4

I have 2 thor motorhomes a 1997 class a 1995 class c. I've also had winabago newmar airstream. And a few more. I've had no more problems with the less expensive ones that the expensive ones. The questions is do you want to pay $50000.00 for a rv or pay $100000.00 for a $50000.00 rv. If you'll look you'll see the people on this form with the high $$ tv's have the same problems as the lower ones only they pay more to have it fixed.
Kenaleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:22 AM   #5

Your getting it for you not your neighbor
Kenaleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:09 AM   #6

I think the Thor 28Z has the best layout in the industry. We looked at virtually every mass produced class C. We came down to a decision between the 28Z and a winnebago 26a (3 slides). Had a chance to put them next to each other. Even though we liked the Thor layout best the Winnebago won out. We liked full extension pantry. Counter space in bathroom. More propane. Fiberglass roof. Bigger hanging closet. Better quality throughout. But... miss that large outside storage the 28Z has. BTW at least once a week we say we chose wisely...
GaryKowal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 12:22 AM   #7

Frank, We bought a 2017 WS31 Quantum. The fit and finish was excellent except for a spot on the bathroom door that only SWMBO could see. It had the full wall slide and we did not miss one second of camping for issues. I did schedule a factory appointment at 10.5 months to replace a piece of flashing underneath and started a list of stuff from there. The two worst things on the list were a hot water heater board and noisy water pump. They made a few other adjustments that the tech caught that I didn't know was an issue. For all practical purposes the last 10 months were nearly full time and not a single complaint.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:35 AM   #8

All is good in formation. Still thinking and will have to deal with sale of my current unit.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:13 PM   #9

What ?
kenautoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 09:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Frank, We bought a 2017 WS31 Quantum. The fit and finish was excellent except for a spot on the bathroom door that only SWMBO could see. It had the full wall slide and we did not miss one second of camping for issues. I did schedule a factory appointment at 10.5 months to replace a piece of flashing underneath and started a list of stuff from there. The two worst things on the list were a hot water heater board and noisy water pump. They made a few other adjustments that the tech caught that I didn't know was an issue. For all practical purposes the last 10 months were nearly full time and not a single complaint.
In the process of trading our 2014 Bounder 35K for the 2020 Quantum WS31. Any quirks I need to be on the lookout for? Thanks
Old 07-29-2020, 09:46 AM   #11
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Sure happy with my 2015 Leprechaun 29QB.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:43 PM   #12

Angry

Update, nothing new to report. I REALLY appreciate the info on different coaches. Virus has bummed me. Wife just got in for her mri. Good news we may be able to get her taken care of in the fall, Sept or Oct. Did not want to travel due to virus. Bad news is I cannot find a decent used rig. There are a few but would require airline or hotels to get to. I am in the market for a 30 foot or under class c, 4 or 5 years old. We will probably only be able to travel long halls 2 or 3 years. Depreciation hit and budget don't make sense on new. Would not make sense. But to find a reasonable used unit right now is very difficult. Thinking this may not happen. Had a salesman tell me that in the fall a lot of these first timers who bought due to pandemic may flood the market. I don't know. I have actually started looking for a small class A. There are several thor 28z for sale. Kinda makes me wonder. She likes floor plan of Leprechaun 260ds. Trading sites have very high prices and very few units. Hoping something gives! Interested in any thoughts on what the used market will look like in fall.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:15 PM   #13

Hmm..
I dont get paid by thor so keep that in mind. I've had 2. One a funmover 39c diesel built on a f750 towtruck chassis. Currently a 2017 23u. I've had problems with slides before so wasn't interested in that. Leaks, mechanism failures when u least afford it (cant leave until fixed) on the 39c.

A RV tech business owner was working on the funmover and said "this doesn't make a lot of sense. The box is solid (shell, frame) but there's some head scratchers here. Some of the furnishings are paper mache.."

Seemed about right. I looked at used markets for rental units. Found many, many more Thor units like mine for sale with 120k+ miles. Figured if it can take that kind of beating, I'll give it a go. Bought new in 2017. No slide, those I saw on the lot, Thor or otherwise had issues, poorly cut holes, mechanical issues, leaks. These were fresh out the factory, 2 sunseekers especially stood out. There's a guy I use in Fontana for repairs who confirmed this.

That said, I'm a dirt biker. The RV sees occasional duty on ruff roads, has 30k+ on it and is holding up after minor repairs.

No matter what you get, been my experience, you're gonna need to do something to it. I hope you are handy, nothing is perfect and many rv technicians lack "talent" or concern. I did buy mine cheap, and doubt I would have got more value from another manufacturer at 50% more cost. We love it, it's taken us to some very fun sites, Tetons, Olympic national park, etc. I've done some repairs on it and the need for such has slowed down. It's what you put into it.

Good luck

El_Gran_Jamon
cbigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 07:36 AM   #14

thor c class

i have a thor chatau 26A 2015 we use it for week ends and vacations.. its very cheeply built but not a cheep price. I dont agree with you must be a handy man and be willing to fix things. thats why thor only gives 1 year warinty because they know what they have built..Dealers are so back loged trying to fix unfixable and bad workmenship. all the mfg. are doing the same thing hi price or low price the are all the same.thees days.. my 2001 holiday rambler was exilent. we lived in it foe 8 years. JMO
sorry about the spelling

DREAMER
FMCA 200924
push toy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, thor