Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2020, 10:33 AM   #1

Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

I'm sure this will pull in plenty of opinions (i hope).

I have a new Entegra Qwest class C. I want to add a wireless TPMS. Any suggestions? Most reliable, easy to install, etc..

Thanks in advance
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2020, 03:25 PM   #2

I bought the tst-507-rv-6, by Truck Systems Technologies. Sucker drove me nuts! Tire pressure fluctuation was more that I ever realized. Not knowing much I assumed the pressure and the temp were a constant, they're not.
Not to bad to get use to, but the big issue was the anti-theft spinning outer shell that requires a special supplied wrench that these arthritic hands could not use.
On another forum on this subject came up and a solution to remove the spinning shell was simple. I don''t anticipate theft issues, but who knows, so I did remove them. Gonna give it another try in the near future.
But other than my ineptness to install them, they seem like a great unit. Company has a great rep.
Hope this helps.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Have been using the TST507 with non-flow through sensors for six years and it works great. I did remove the "anti theft shells" on the outside of the sensors and they are as easy to take on and off as a regular valve stem cap.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:39 PM   #4

We also use the TST 507 for both our coach and toad. So far I have not removed the anti-theft lock nut but can understand why it might pose a annoyance if you had to frequently add air to the tires. Overall, the TST 507 has performed without any dropped signals and once you get use to seeing the tire pressure and temperature change during the course of your trip you realize how important a TPMS is to giving an early warning of a potential tire issue. A tire where the temperature starts running substantially hotter than the other tires may be your only warning that a tire is about to blowout.
2007 Newmar Baystar; 3201; SumoSprings Front; Timbren Springs Rear; Safe-T-Plus; 2016 Fiat 500; Roadmaster Falcon 2;Demco SBS DUO Braking System;TST 507; Bilstein shocks; Garmin RV 785; Supersteer Rear Trac Bar, Thule Easyfold XT2,RVWhisper
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:36 AM   #5

Read this and that, looked it all over and use the cheap 4 sensor system on the rear duallys. The cheap ones are not NASA accurate but I have tested them numerous times and never fail to report a rapid depressurization.

Before you plunk down your cash, check the price of battery replacement, some of them use to be ridiculously expensive.

I used to be anal about balancing the air in the duallys. After watching the pressure variations between the inner and outer and the side in the sun I am no longer so fussy!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/977355447
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 12:19 PM   #6

I just installed the EEZRV system with 6 valve cap sensors. Setup was easy. Like most, I did not install the anti-theft caps as they are too bulky. It seems accurate and simple. On my 28ft Class C there is no need for a range extender and all sensors are picked up from the cockpit.
dcompress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:15 PM   #7

I am amazed at the number of replies that do not use the anti-theft collars. Here I thought I was being a rebel not using these slip collars.

thank you all!
Old 09-10-2020, 04:10 PM   #8

EZ RV System here for 3 years. Works well easy install. Installed the extender since we have a 40ft coach but reads the sensors without the extension 98% of the time. Since your RV is under 40ft you may not need the extender.

Put flow throughs on the coach and removable ones the toad.
Jthigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 12:25 PM   #9

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0835.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	300925
Super easy/ inexpensive/ peace of mind. I love Amazon.
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 12:46 PM   #10

With the EEz system, you can see just the tow vehicles sensors without the monitor cycling thru the trailer when you're not towing...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 04:13 PM   #11

Just installed TST507 (10 sensors total with addition) and very happy so far. Switched from Tiretraker which did not provide us with a reliable system. (They offered to look at sensors but we gave up as there were too many problems with it. Wouldn't provide pressures, would replace batteries and reinstall, continued problems). So far, so good with TST. Buying a Tiretraker system was a very expensive mistake for us.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 01:36 PM   #12

So it looks to me like folks with rubber valve stems on trailer tires (can't use flow through sensors) find it painful to take the cap sensor off so you remove the anti theft colar and the sensor becomes your stem cap? Im pretty finicky with tire pressure so i can see myself frequently adjusting cold pressure to spec like i do on my truck. That solution seems reasonable to me.

I also wonder about the real value of the anti theft. The bad guy only needs to get the wrench anyway so i wonder if the colar would even be a deterrent to someone who wants your sensors
Old 09-14-2020, 01:41 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
TST system on our 40 footer and no need for an extender to reach the toad. No problems in 3 years
Old 09-14-2020, 03:30 PM   #14

I've been looking at these for a while, the sheer number of obvious chinesium knockoffs of each other put me over the top - Bought the TST system. Not as concerned about towing readings right now, but I might add those sensors later.

Tags
ems, monitor, tire pressure