Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2021, 05:55 PM   #57

I use the Tire Minder system and have had no issues with it. In fact, it saved me having significant damage to my Imagine when the right rear tire hit a piece of steel road debris in St Louis and punctured it right through the steel cords. Had I not had the Tire Minder I probably would not have noticed until it damaged the trailer. A camping friend suggested this system and he uses it on all of his trailers. They are a wise investment.
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2021, 05:59 PM   #58

I have read a couple posts in this thread saying “the feds mandated TPMS.” Can someone explain this mandate?? If not, then I call BS on this claim.

I currently use TireMinder on the MH and toad, 12 tires in total. I think TireMinder sucks, constant false alarms. So
I am happy to see all the opinions here, I was leaning towards EEZ, think I am convinced now.
Bump999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:07 PM   #59

TireMinder

Use TireMinder on my 40í DP. I like it but have never used any others.
Wnevels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:24 PM   #60

TPMS

TST is the way to go. Great customer service
Pathvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:54 PM   #61

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Metal Valve Stems

1st I should say, I have metal valve stems on all 6 wheels of my RV. No Sensors yet. I do understand what I am reading about advantages of metal over rubber stems as far as weight goes etc. etc. but I have a question.

Am I hearing that people with boats or toads should change out all of their stems before putting open of the TPMS sensors on?

Here is why I am confused. Forget the RV for a moment.

I have Navigator that I pull my tandem axle trailer all the time with. The Navigator has TPMS from factory. Is that not good enough? Are some people putting these things on regular vehicles and changing stems on wheels to metal?

Similar for the 4 wheels on my boat, of course no TPMS system at all today for boat. Am I hearing I need to change rubber stems to metal stems before putting on any of these TPMS systems?
2019 Sunstar 29VE Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi EX7300; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:58 PM   #62

Tiffin Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I use RVi tire patrol TPMS on mine. I was thinking of some of the others but when I purchased the RVi3 Brake for the care which came with a hub and tablet 4 yrs. ago, decided might as well have one less thing to look at so bought RVi's. Had some issues with them last year and they sent me an entire new set including the 4 for my toad without question. Customer support has been great at RVi. They work great.
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:01 PM   #63

Alpine Owners Club
Another vote for TST. Non-flow thru style. Never had problems or false alarms. We do use the signal extender, being 40' + Jeep GC toad.
Cinequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:16 PM   #64

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump999 View Post
I have read a couple posts in this thread saying ďthe feds mandated TPMS.Ē Can someone explain this mandate?? If not, then I call BS on this claim.

I currently use TireMinder on the MH and toad, 12 tires in total. I think TireMinder sucks, constant false alarms. So
I am happy to see all the opinions here, I was leaning towards EEZ, think I am convinced now.

No BS. TPMS was mandated some years ago on all new passenger car and light trucks sold in the US. It did not require openers to add systems to older vehicles nor vehicles that didnít require the system such as motorhomes.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:45 PM   #65

TPM

I have the RVI system. It includes the brake unit for our tow vehicle (Cherokee Trailhawk), towed vehicle charge monitor and TPM for our MH and tow vehicle. We have had the entire set-up for around 3-years and originally used it on our gas coach. Now on a new diesel class A. The company is amazing from a customer service perspective. I have had a few issues with individual tire monitors failing. Each time, they ship new ones out within days. On a trip around the country over several months, they even shipped them to a spot we planned to visit in Minnesota and sure enough, they were waiting. Set-up is quick and easy for all components. Incidentally, they had a bad run of monitors and were quick to admit it and replace them - and all of them, not just the one that was failing. We get regular update notices for the main tablet, which has included multiple customer requested updates. Hope this helps.
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:02 PM   #66

jvf3877

I have TST monitors on my RV and also on my toad. No problems with it and works great giving me piece of mind. Much cheaper than consequences of having a flat tire on RV going 65 MPH down the highway or on toad and not even knowing it until it's too late.

Honestly, I don't understand why any RV'er would not have one?
jvf3877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:16 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol6 View Post
TST with color monitor on the MH and Toad. iím not too worried about the coach tires but the little car behind gets a beating on the nice roads we have. Not sure I would feel it up front if one of toadís wheel would go flat. Having constant tire monitoring is a plus
Before TST had a tire die (no idea what happened) on our Jeep GC towing with our Neumar KS DP on back roads in the UP of Michigan. Had no idea there was a problem, didn't feel a thing, saw black smoke coming from the back of the MH. Stopped, evacuated and ran to the back with 2 fire extinguishers in tow, having no idea what I was going to find. Got back there and just found a smoldering left front tire on the Jeep. Never broke the bead but was worn down to a couple of inches from the rim. Wire belts had beaten up the fender and destroyed the inner plastic fender.

Dodged a bullet, bought our first TST. Ironically the Jeep did have a built in system. Not active, or of any use while towing.
Kountry_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:19 PM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I bought EEZ but also liked TST

I looked at several brands and chose EEZ based on reviews, price, and manufacturer support. TST was my second choice and could very easily have been my first. Over my four years of ownership three sensors have failed and EEZ sent replacements. Other than battery replacements I have had no issues. When Radio Shack went bust I purchased 20 very low priced spare batteries online. They may still have some on their web site.

I drive a 44 foot pusher and had to add a repeater before I could get a reliable signal from my toad. I mounted it in my rear closet where I found a constant 12V wire and added a toggle switch and light so I knew it was powered on when setting up for travel.

The only thing I don't like about EEZ is the amount of time it takes to get an initial pressure reading. Once the monitor locks on to a tire it updates often but it can be several minutes before that first reading.

Operation is easy and initial sensor setup also is easy. Whenever I have a question I send an email to EEZ and they always reply quickly. Before I chose EEZ I emailed questions to TST and they also replied quickly. You can't go wrong with either brand.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:05 PM   #69

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have the EEZ system with 12 sensors. It's worked fine for 5 years now without any need for a repeater.

If I have a blowout or even significant slow loss of pressure in a toad tire, inside dual or tag tire, I want to know - and right now. Without a TPMS, you may not know until it's too late. Wouldn't operate without it. And, when I burned up my brakes coming down the Bighorns, it was the temperature gauge on the TPMS that told me I had a problem.

To each his own, but I consider it an essential part of my cockpit information system.
pvcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:26 PM   #70

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Boat Tires TPMS

Another question I have for those that put these TPMS sensors on boat trailers.

What happens when you back the boat in the water to launch? Are they waterproof or something.
2019 Sunstar 29VE Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi EX7300; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monitor, tire pressure