Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2021, 12:05 PM   #183

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXduo View Post
I have talked personally to VP National Sales director of TST, Mike Benson about this failure of the TST-507. That is the Mike B I've mentioned. He used to be quite active on iRV2 and other forums, and could even be silently monitoring this thread. But he has told me TST will NOT stand behind their system and for me to buy new again if I want to get rid of the false alarms. All I would like is to have the system I PAID FOR to work as it originally worked before TST made design changes to new systems that broke the existing installed systems. I don't desire a color monitor, the original system was easy to read. I even offered to eat the cost of installing a replacement monochrome monitor as they have apparently changed the wiring that is required for the units wired into the dash switched 12v. (I am not a fan of loose wires and adapters to get tripped up with.) When I worked in tech, we made sure to regression test changes to insure first we did no harm to the installed customer base, and if something did slip through the cracks we made sure to take affirmative corrective action. Apparently it is not so with the new TST company.
Sounds like you have concluded to accept the fact that your unit has been rendered faulty due to a manufacture upgrade. I think all should respect your decision. Your situation reminds me of my Yamaha Home Receiver; it is about 10 years old and periodically it will do a firmware upgrade; it has to keep up with all of the newer TVs and HDMI standards etc. When it does break something, (and every 2 or 3 years or so something breaks); it is fixed in a subsequent upgrade. TST is obviously no Yamaha.

So are you going to accept the defect and continue to use as is, or will you be buying another brand?

I only have 6 sensors ( I think you need 14 sensors?) My $50 TPMS unit can handle up 217 psi and is working just fine. I drove it yesterday and one tire increased from 82 psi to 91. Looks like when you park RV after 10 min or so; it stops the real time reading, but when you start driving again it updates in few minutes. FWIW; It happens to be color unit

Thanks for sharing. I had researched all of the TPMs mfgs and found the TST - 507 as the best ( I do want the color); but I decided to NOT buy due to price, programming required and setup of the repeater. Your customer service woes is red flag that will make me avoid TST all together now. In 2 years if my unit is still working, I may buy another anyway; as technology is always changing. Big difference between $600 and $50
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2021, 07:55 PM   #184

Established a new record, purchased the cheap solar TPMS system Nov 5 2020 and 2 of the sensors are leaking already. With very little use I will add! For $20 I do not expect them to last for years, but 5 months! I know that they are not the highest quality with no replacement senors available so bought 2 sets. Generally get 2 years out of a system.

5 months with little use is just sad, no warranty of course and return shipping would void any warranty worth plus the seller has disappeared.
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:37 AM   #185

TXduo

You certainly are a lot nicer than I would be. Your situation is what REVIEWS are made for. I would introduce this C S... co to a stream of the most terrible REVIEWS anyone has ever seen. JMHO. MOMCAT
Old 04-11-2021, 06:49 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by momcat View Post
You certainly are a lot nicer than I would be. Your situation is what REVIEWS are made for. I would introduce this C S... co to a stream of the most terrible REVIEWS anyone has ever seen. JMHO. MOMCAT

There is no actual company to report. They are manufactured in China and sold by resellers under various names. I knew what I was buying and we get what we pay for. If I get a year or 2 I am ok, but 5 months is really poor.
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 07:15 AM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by momcat View Post
Hello momcat,

Are you referring to the US based manufacturer introduced design changes causing erroneous operation of the TST-507 that Truck Systems Technology of Georgia acknowledges but will not stand behind their product, or the failed Chinese sensors of a Chinese system that jjrbus tried and reports?
TXduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:43 AM   #188

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrbus View Post
There is no actual company to report. They are manufactured in China and sold by resellers under various names. I knew what I was buying and we get what we pay for. If I get a year or 2 I am ok, but 5 months is really poor.
Here is my update.

Cheap is cheap so I bought 5 of the Chinese made 4 wheel TPMS systems (less than $20), and 1 of the Chinese made RV / Truck 6 wheel TPMS system (less than $50) back in Jan 2021.

After 3 months.

4 wheel TPMS
- working great so far as intended
- screen hard to read during the day
- solar is all I have needed so I never plug in
- I did have a battery go out in Right Rear of one vehicle But it may have been me? It was giving me a warning based on my low temp setting, but tire was really not to low; so I did not get around to air it up until alter. It may have beeped the battery down? I will lower the setting because at the time, I may have been thinking I was to see what the alarm would do before it was a real problem/

6 wheel TPMS
-easy setup and configuration (but no where to easily mount due to solar panel on the back) The above car units lie flat with display forward.
-easily loses connections with sensors; so the disconnections alarms are kind of frequent. You have to stop take sensor off and put back on and it works fine again Not sure why but it seems to be easily interfered with I have had big truck pull up next to me and they all disconnect. Over time if you do nothing they will reconnect by themselves.
But all in all they work as intended for the price. At the end of the day, it is a lot easier for me to keep all 6 tires right at 82 psi. I use solar only and never use the usb cord.
Note: Never had a true alarm condition related to tires

Add Updated Edit.

Below is the even cheaper batteries I purchased. The name Toshiba does help a little LOLOL
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toshiba-CR1...t/141743664527
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:20 AM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy-c View Post
Have you called TST ? I would either get that system fixed or get a different system. That one is a pain.
If you thump them regularly you'd know if you were good to go down the road at least for enough for your TPMS to start reading accurately. I've got the TireTraker TPMS and I'm not sold on it just yet.
mike5511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 07:15 AM   #190

TXduo

YEP ! That's the one. MOMCAT
Old 04-13-2021, 03:05 PM   #191

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5511 View Post
If you thump them regularly you'd know if you were good to go down the road at least for enough for your TPMS to start reading accurately. I've got the TireTraker TPMS and I'm not sold on it just yet.

Thumping is ok if all you want to know is "Does the tire have air pressure that is within 50% of what I should have".
I have watched demonstrations and most people can't be more accurate than +/- 50% of the correct inflation.

Tags
monitor, tire pressure