Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Tire Rotation on 2012 Itasca Navion iQ on Sprinter Chassis

Sorry, I'm a novice. In outward appearance my front wheels and rear dual wheels look different. I don't know if they can be rotated without taking the tires off the wheels. That seems like it would be an awful amount of trouble. I think the tires are all the same size. The front tires are supposed to switch with the inner rear tires and the outside rear tires are supposed to switch places according to the maintenance manual. Does anyone know if they can just be rotated the usual way without taking the tires off the wheels. Thanks.
Sandi
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2014, 09:12 PM   #2

Yes they can. No big deal, no tire remounts...
Old 07-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #3

Tire Rotation on 2012 Itasca Navion iQ on Sprinter Chassis

Maybe.......Maybe NOT.........some Sprinters have aluminum rims on the front that can not be rotated to the rear. Picture of your fronts would be helpful.

Most have steal rims with hub caps and they can be rotated with no problem.

Some use the theory and practice .............rotate fronts side to side..........leave the rears alone.........replace the fronts when needed and the rear will last a least two or three sets of fronts. This practice also avoids different rolling circumference tires on the duals, this can be come an issue if rotation is delayed way past normal. It also helps when you buy tires, you buy two instead of six.

If you experiencing camber wear ( inside edge) flipping the fronts on the rims helps even out the wear.
Depending on load being carried and camber settings, inside tire wear is a common concern.
Showkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #4

Unless you have uneven tire wear, I would not rotate the tires. I have many MHs since 1984 and have never rotated tires. I can't give you any quotes, but I have read this advice in may RV magazines expert columns.
dknek445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #5

Have never rotated tires on any of my MH's.
Just keep them balanced and front end alignment
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, itasca