Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2019, 04:19 PM   #43

I can’t speak to industry rankings or placement, but we’ve been pleased with our Jayco Greyhawk 29MV.
JDPEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2019, 04:56 PM   #44

Actually love our Itasca Navion. However, before ever got home (Oregon) from AZ dealer, every cabinet latch broke or fell off. Inverter failed halfway home. Microwave/convection crapped out as well. Coach door fell off and bed pedestal collapsed on first trip going to Alaska. Found candy wrappers and cigarette packs inside walls and under bed pedestal. Winnebagodid make good on everything, but it took 3months at local dealer, appently every broken part had to be sent to be verified by W. Have to admit, ready to burn it rather than put on ferry to AK. Like I said at start, love the size and e dry thing about it now that all is fixed.
rogerasay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:15 PM   #45

I will venture to say Newmar

Zzotte
Old 03-10-2019, 06:35 PM   #46

Foretravel. Quality is impeccable.

New - foretravel.com

Used - motorhomesoftexas.com

Motorhomes has really good deals on well maintained coaches and they do a great job with service, too, on coaches. They know Foretravel as alot of their techs, staff used to work at Foretravel, just down the street from them in Nacogdoches, TX.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:44 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Foretravel. Quality is impeccable.

New - foretravel.com

Used - motorhomesoftexas.com
They don't make class C's, which are what the OP is asking about in this Class C board.

They did try to make a B, but it was barely an RV (more like a touring van) and pretty darned close to overweight.
spuds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:16 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Mike View Post
New Coach House owner here -- all I can say is, if you want a great Class B+/C on an E-450, you just have to check them out! The one-piece fiberglass shell is unique to the industry (as far as I know), and makes them uniquely quiet and solid. Like they say, it's built like a fiberglass boat, then turned upside down. Then outfitted with the best quality components in its class, put together in a small, family-owned factory, and sold only factory-direct. Did I say 3-year warranty? Yup.
Concur. I have a 2008 model that I bought used, but Coach House customer service has still been great for us. I had to do some touch up paint, but I didn't know paint color. I sent an email to factory with my vin number and they sent me the names and part numbers of all the colors used in my coach (@ 5 different colors in delux paint job). I called them and asked where I could get the touch-up paint and they offered to put the paint in a Preval spray bottle and I picked it up while camping in the area. Last weekend Coach House had a factory rally at their facility that was fantastic. I was proud of my touch up job so I showed the service manager. He liked my work and sent his paint shop guy out to polish my engine hood without charge. Several other owners at the rally had similar experiences with Coach House service. They are proud of their work and take great care of their customers!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190224_151437.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	474.5 KB
ID:	237633  
svcattales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:16 PM   #49

Entegra Odyssey or Jayco Greyhawk. Comes off the same line. Both have two year warrantys, has suspension and handling upgrades direct from the factory where with other brands you'll pay to have them added. The higher capacity tow rating, full fiberglass roof, front cap that extends into the sidewalls to prevent leaks, high weight capacity in the overhead sleeping/storage area makes them stand out.
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:18 AM   #50

I would certainly like a Coach House as they seem great build quality.But our budget will call for an older less expensive unit.My wife and I have two different budgets in mind, mine is significantly higher...lol. Been looking for Chinook, or Born Free, or other fiberglass models in the early 2000s late 90s even..Might take me awhile to find.
I was seeking an older Classic Airstream class A for a year until I found one, and it was a 14 hour drive for me to get it.It was quite an experience for the three years we had it.
Attached Images

Alansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:06 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alansd View Post
I would certainly like a Coach House as they seem great build quality.But our budget will call for an older less expensive unit.My wife and I have two different budgets in mind, mine is significantly higher...lol. Been looking for Chinook, or Born Free, or other fiberglass models in the early 2000s late 90s
If on a very tight budget, I would add "Telstar" to your list. I have never seen one in-person, but they seem to be built better than most during the time period from 1985 thru 1995. A cream puff like THIS ONE FOR $17K ASKING PRICE (a very old ad though) might be worth consideration. They were built in a variaty of floor plans and lengths. Barbara Streisand owned one for a while. It was done up in purple, I assume by special request.

Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:32 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Use to be 1/2 The price of gas, not no more. It's now like a 1/3 more then gas. It's really a joke.

Friend of mine with a gas powered MH said his best MPG was 9, towing. My Class C Sprinter diesel, towing, gets 13-16 MPG. Price difference around here in TN and in GA & FL is about 70-80 cents.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:38 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alansd View Post
Nice, those look quite good too. Also tough to find used.
the coach not your wife!
Old 03-15-2019, 07:41 AM   #54

i found this unusual coach.Chrysler Europa..looks quite cool, but I beliwve it has a 454 chevy in it, I had my fill of that lump. Cummins diesel or Ford V10 for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chrysler europa.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	238151  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:42 AM   #55

also found a low mileage, 55000, 1998 Jayco. its a 30' which is really too large for us,but affordable and Ford chassis v10
Old 03-15-2019, 07:48 AM   #56

i like that Telstar, one of the first songs I learned to play.
I also like the layout, but hard to find one as are the chinook, and phoenix usa.