Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #1

Travelling to the east coast

We are traveling from Ontario to Cape Breton in RV. Trying to decide between driving through Canada or US. Any suggestions or tips. Thanks. J
Parki is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #2

Leaving Friday for Nova Scotia. Going to New York then Maine before hitting New Brunswick. Have gone down many times via Quebec but decided no more. Roads are in horrible condition, especially in an A Class. Too much construction for me. Montreal is always White-knuckled .

My 2 cents
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #3

I'm with Online, besides IMHO the drive is nicer scenery in the US, there's two routes, depending on whether you want sight-seeing, or just get there.

Either way you go its just a better drive to me. The Adirondacks and White Mountain are really beautiful areas.

Enjoy the drive nieghbour!!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #4

Yep stay outa Quebec this year and eastern Ontario

I drive transport for a living and belive me there is plenty of construction. all thru ontario as far as I go Bellville.Ont from Quebec is real pain in the butt.. Our big rigs are locked down to 105 kms by law. There so much traffic now that summmer is here..trucks, cars, rvee'r amd motorhomes... Getting no where fast. I too have a 26' MH and I get stuck too. But I u usually know all the back roads off the main drag to get around.. But most stay right on main roads backed up in construction maybe 15kms with lane closers and accidents.. Quebec is worse all thru Montreal Que. Just before you get to west side of montreal..Dorian to be exact on rt 20. That area is a write off....If you want to go anyway Don't cross the Champlain Bridge..It's down to one land on both sides north and south into and out of Montreal...and roads are dug up....
Best way to go is eirther down thru Quebec to rt 20 east to exit 14 go south on rt 201. Then check out your GPS to the Lacolle Quebec / Champlain NY USA border.. that is if you are coming from Ottawa..If you come by Toronto you could come east to exit 661 , Lansdown Ont and go south to rt 81 into NY.. But if you are in United States and on interstsate and go east and check out your GPS..
Tom Tom GPS were great for updates of road closerers etc....Good Luck and be Safe out there......over and out ..10-4...........John
BTW here is another reason why I'm retiring soon...."driving in Winter" Check out my photos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 22 2012 from Canon saved 274 (Small).JPG
Views:	69
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	23713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan 22 2012 from Canon saved 278 (Small).JPG
Views:	74
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	23714  

Rollinhome is offline   Reply With Quote