Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #1

valterra stabilizer

have any of you used one or two of the valterra stabilizers on your Class C? if so, what are your thoughts. the DW says the Class C is more stable that our old TT but we still get some movement when people move around. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #2

well, i guess that NO ONE has tried them............!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Kinda curious to some input on this subject myself....
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
I looked at them and I really wasn't impressed with what I saw. I have a hydraulic leveling system which almost eliminates rocking all together but not vibration. My wife and I sleep in the back and when my son turns over in the bed over the cab we can feel the vibrations. I think it may reduce rocking but I doubt it will take vibrations out of the picture.
Davinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
i put 2 sicssors jacks under both sides of hitch (where attached to frame), makes it a lot better when walking around when other 1 is in bed
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santara View Post
i put 2 sicssors jacks under both sides of hitch (where attached to frame), makes it a lot better when walking around when other 1 is in bed
This is pretty much what I did, only I mounted 2 up front and 2 in the back,
I just level up, and use a cordless drill to run them all down to take up some of the weight off of the wheels (pretty much all the drill will do anyway).
It makes a big difference on ours for the rocking, but there is still movement.
I don't think you'll ever find a MH or TT that doesn't move a little when setup.
Phobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #7

Where exactly did you place scissors jacks in front? We have 31' cab over Sunseeker DS3010.
Themtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Frame rail.
milasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:04 AM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by milasman View Post
Frame rail.
+1

Although due to the engine exhaust, I wasn't able to mount them perpendicular to the frame, I had to mount them turned on an angle, with the nut facing forward a bit.

They are a little hard to get to, but I usually use a cordless drill to run them up and down anyway, so it's not all that bad.
Phobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #10

We shed a lot of complexity with our last downsizing. We don't have levelling jacks or a transfer switch and to our surprise don't miss them at all. We found most pads we sit on are level enough that at worst we need one yellow pad under each wheel on one side and often we are only one degree off and don't even bother. Rocking is a issue though and I found that one aluminum stacker jack under each cab door seems to do the job very well.

A few years ago we had a 41 ft Ambassador DP that the 3 point jack system. It levelled really fast and was easy to use. But you did feel the motion when some walked around inside. I ended up with 9 jacks and still did not stop the motion you could feel. Had the 3 built in, 4 aluminum stack jacks and 2 bottle jacks. Had the frame rails and other areas covered off. No luck. I often wonder how many more I could have added with no improvement.

Don
Old 06-08-2012, 05:19 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
I put my hands on a set. I really wasn't impressed with what I saw. We all know that setup is a time consuming ritual. Hook up the power, hook up the sewer, hook up the water, hook up the cable, deploy jacks, bump outs, awning and decorations... You get the picture. This is an added step that I am really not sure about. It is designed to be placed not on the frame but on the outside of the camper. In some cases that is just fine but I can see someone busting a fiberglass side because they had it too far out. You will need at least 2 and the salesman recommended 4. Properly installed it will almost eliminate rocking but it did little for vibration. I had someone in the front of the camper turn over in bed and I was in the rear on a bed and felt it like he was there.
Davinger is offline   Reply With Quote