Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2017, 06:44 PM   #1

Walmart. ??

I am visiting friends and wondering if Walmart allows parking motor homes in there parking lot for a few days ?? Any thoughts.
Scott3341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2017, 06:54 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Corporate policy is to generally allow it for a single night if the local ordinances also permit it.

Best practice is to check with a manager in the store and let them know your plans.

You might want to check out other threads on this forum about proper etiquette and habits when Wally-docking. :-)
VoiceNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:15 PM   #3

Every state and city for that matter will have different rules. If inside California generally its a no go.

Best advice i can give is to download RVParky to your phone and look at where youll think you need to overnight. Rv parky is a overlay on google maps and list all camp grounds, rvparks, walmarts, cracker barreles,rest stops ect.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:17 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Walmart. ??

I think you might be better to find a campground. I would feel much safer leaving it un-attended there than at a Walmart.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:19 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiceNinja View Post
Corporate policy is to generally allow it for a single night if the local ordinances also permit it.

Best practice is to check with a manager in the store and let them know your plans.

You might want to check out other threads on this forum about proper etiquette and habits when Wally-docking. :-)
Yep, this is the correct answer nationwide for Wal*Mart.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:41 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
There are probably places that allow several days stay but you should check with the business. However, IMO, Wal-Mart is for a quick stop over for supplies & a few hours sleep when traveling through to another destination, not for staying several days. If you need to stay more than 1 night, please find a campground in the area.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:30 PM   #7

Yes....x2
Old 07-03-2017, 09:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott3341 View Post
I am visiting friends and wondering if Walmart allows parking motor homes in there parking lot for a few days ?? Any thoughts.
I live in an area with several colleges and apartment complexes that will not or can not handle overnight parking. The result is that we have seen more than one rig in residence for a few days. Most of the folks were thoughtful enough to not make it obvious. If I was in that situation I'd probably move around a bit at least during the daytime so it is less obvious. Here I could be at Lowes, Home Depot, a couple of plaza's and a mall. Walmart is probably the best place for actual overnight parking.

That leaves me thinking that I would talk to the store manager and see what they had to say.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:23 PM   #9

I was at one a week ago in Buffalo NY. The app freecampsites.net had it listed but when I went into speak to the manager he said they not longer allowed overnights. Seems they had a break in and would rather not take chances.
DoC808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:13 PM   #10

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiceNinja View Post

6 years loss prevention @ Wally. Stop for a night, no sleepy drivers, then move on. Had one stayed over a weekend to see VA Dr next door for heart issues. I notified management what the issue was and they blessed the longer stay. Checked on him coming and leaving work, he was gone the first day the VA was open. Manager had me contact RV'er the second day he saw them in the lot, have them move on.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:29 PM   #11

Scott, Here is the thread that is already running

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/walmart-347706.html

You can search WalMart on the site and find dozens of threads on the sme topic.

BTW, Welcome to the boards!
Old 07-08-2017, 03:11 PM   #12

i use allstays, they even have an app. very updated.

https://www.allstays.com/c/wal-mart-locations.htm
Liverpoolign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 04:23 AM   #13

Always allowed us to stay. And generally we buy tons of junk.
Park way in the back and don't bother anyone.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:18 AM   #14

Id still rather use a campground.
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote