Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2022, 02:01 PM   #29

As small class C units on a Ford E350 go, that's pretty sweet, and may appeal nicely to the OP. For our part, our interests are more in line with the LTV Wonder RTB, or an actual Class B with a storage garage under the rear bed where we could put a pair of bikes after taking off the front wheel. Nevertheless, your suggestion above is a good one.

(Again our very first RV was a smaller Phoenix with a slide out for the dinette. Great rig, no regrets.)
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2022, 10:27 AM   #30

Drive both the Sprinter and the Ford chassis . You will see and feel the difference. Then decide based on how you feel about them. I have not had my Delano (sprinter chassis) long enough to tell you long term thoughts. It is a little light on carrying capacity at 942 pounds but that is plenty to put in all you really need. The only thing I want to add is auto levelers. I am replacing my house battery with a lithium so that should take care of some of the extra weight issue. (30 pounds). Everything the commenters say have merit. The new units are not much in QC but have a lot of great features that come in handy. Hope you find that “right” coach.
Stevemcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 11:13 AM   #31

Personally I prefer my Class A DP, but not the reason for my comment..It seems like people think buying a new RV is all about warranty and no problems…I think if you spend time on YouTube and researching forums, a general theme begins to appear…the factory finishes the assembly, ships it off to the dealer, who washes it and details the interior, then it is sold to the customer whose job it is to do all the quality control, and run it back and forth to the dealers service department that has to hassle each discrepancy with the manufacturer….this process has made new RV buying a nightmare joke!
Better idea is to buy a low mile, a couple of year old model that someone else has weathered all the headaches of the builder/dealer bs..I have also gotten the impression that because of the recent uptick in the RV market combined with the inability of the manufacturers to find qualified workers has caused the quality of the new RVs to be substantially lower…
Your results may vary, but it is a very real scenario that is played out at dealerships every day… good luck with your adventure!
casualemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 11:57 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualemt View Post
Personally I prefer my Class A DP, but not the reason for my comment.
I have to say that there is one diesel pusher that intrigues me, the Tiffin Allegro Breeze 28BR that was made from 2011 thru 2015. That "Mini" DP is only 29.58' over-all length......shorter than many class C's. If I had a garage big enough to accommodate one, I wonder if I would own one today....especially the 2013-2015 version with the more powerful engine.
Old 02-09-2022, 07:46 PM   #33

Drive a Sprinter then a Ford to help you decide.
Sprinter cost more but they are worth more when you sell.
I wanted to buy a Ford or Chevy based RV but decided Sprinter was what I wanted. After 6 years and 62,000 miles I still feel I made the correct decision.
There are many good comments here about generators, tank sizes, towing etc.
It’s very important to select the floor plan that you like so give that a lot of thought.
bm9201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:40 AM   #34
chs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suru11 View Post
I would consider the payload capacity. How much cargo can you bring? You do not want to be overloaded. You will be surprised how much stuff you will bring and how much the pounds will add up.

Is there a tow hitch and how much can you tow? You never know, you might want to tow a trailer with ATVs or something.

What size are the fresh water, grey and black tanks? We like to boondock so bigger tanks would be the winner for us. If you always camp at a FHU park then that wouldn't matter.

Which one will be easiest and quickest to get repaired because it seems like every RV has something break during the first year? We found our perfect RV, but the closest person to work on our brand is 3 hours away and it's a pain to take it in.

Is one gas and the other diesel? With a diesel you have to add the DEF which is hard to find right now. Also, in our experience diesel engines are expensive to fix.

It's really hard to decide on an RV but I'm sure you will figure it out and get what is best for you.
One thing some don't realize. All E450 chassis' have the same 14,500 capacity, so the fancier the model, the less excess weight your able to store.
Some of the longer and/or more upscale models come with a residential frig among other higher end (and heavier) items. I have the 28Z (30ft) It weighed in when new at (full tank fuel only) 11,960 leaving me with 2,540 lbs of cargo capacity. That's really big for a Class C
Old 02-11-2022, 07:20 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs View Post
One thing some don't realize. All E450 chassis' have the same 14,500 capacity, so the fancier the model, the less excess weight your able to store.
Some of the longer and/or more upscale models come with a residential frig among other higher end (and heavier) items. I have the 28Z (30ft) It weighed in when new at (full tank fuel only) 11,960 leaving me with 2,540 lbs of cargo capacity. That's really big for a Class C
All true. You can see this clear as day for those manufacturers that create different model lines across a E450 Class 'C'. Look at Jayco Redhawks and Greyhawks. Greyhawks have more opulent appointments, but are miserly on CCC (sometimes as low as 1300 pounds or so for a family MH). Pretty ridiculous.

My Winnie is 28' and change and has about 2800 pounds.
Sbad0cko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, class c