Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2015, 12:34 PM   #1

Water heaters

im looking at two class C 2015 seneca 37ts and 2014 thor motor coach four winds super c35sf.Would like to know what people that have these are thinking/good -bad .We where ready to buy a classA pusher,but are now going for the C class,because of handling.We also would like to know results of a tankless hot water compaired to tank models.Seneca has tankless and thor has 6 gal tank.This seems small.How small is too small.
We are planning to be fulltime.Is C class going to be big enough.
mdunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2015, 07:42 PM   #2

I can only address your water heater question from our experience. We have a Class C with the six gallon tank has heater. Wife and I always shower in our motorhome rather than campground bath houses. If we have sewer hookup we take uninterrupted showers vs. off and on water if no sewer. We have never had an issue with running out of hot water. We usually wait about 10 minutes between showers. Hope this helps
gthunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:36 PM   #3

Same here, our gallon tank has a fast recovery time. I've heard some not so good things about the tankless systems. They use a lot of propane and take awhile to heat the water. They do save space though.
Timberdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdunner View Post
im looking at two class C 2015 seneca 37ts and 2014 thor motor coach four winds super c35sf.
Would like to know what people that have these are thinking/good -bad .We where ready to buy a class A pusher, but are now going for the C class,because of handling.
We also would like to know results of a tankless hot water compared to tank models.
Seneca has tankless and thor has 6 gal tank.
This seems small.
How small is too small.
We are planning to be full time.
Is C class going to be big enough.
mdunner
My class A pusher "handles" far better than either of the 2 class Cs I've owned...(and better than the 3 Cs I've test driven).

I can't address the water heater issue..other than to say we have no problems with our LP only 10 gal Suberban
WH.

Mel
'96 Safari, 35'
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:52 PM   #5

Water heaters

We have an Atwood gas and electric 6 gallon. It is very surprising how quickly it recovers. And if we put it on on both gas and electric at the same time it's even better.

Our two teenage girls can actually take back to back showers which is a tough test 😃

Traditionally tankless heaters struggle in an rv due mostly to uneven flow rates. There are some new ones out now that claim to have solved that issue but I have no experience with them yet.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:14 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
I had a 2008 Seneca 35GS. The handling it in was very good and improved significantly with some chassis mods that I installed. It's not a fair comparison to the model that you're considering as my Seneca was based on a Kodiak chassis as opposed to the Frieghtliner chassis of the newer ones. I'm in a 40 foot diesel pusher now and think it handles far superior to what my Seneca did. No comment on the water heater tanks. As far as fulltiming in a SuperC -- Don't think I'd want to do it in the 35 foot Super C as opposed to the 40 foot DP ... not really a fair comparison, tho. Good luck with your decision.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:57 PM   #7

Don't have either of these RVs but we do have a tankless water heater in our RV. It works mostly o.k. on city water but really, really falls down on tank water. There is insufficient water pressure and flow to use it for a shower. I'd skip it if it were me and if I could retrofit my coach with a standard water heater, I would.
boiledfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:58 PM   #8

FYI our coach is a 2013 so the tankless heater in it is one of the new and improved models.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:22 AM   #9

I have a 2012 Winnebago Chalet 31C, looking where the bypass valve is for the hot water heater
TimWilde66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimWilde66 View Post
I have a 2012 Winnebago Chalet 31C, looking where the bypass valve is for the hot water heater
Tim, there is a Winnebago specific owner's forum where that question is probably best answered, but if you go to Winnebago Industries Operator Manuals you can find owner's manuals for various years of Winnebago products.

Tags
heater, water heater, water