Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2019, 04:26 AM   #15

the way the pump is installed the pex tubing is tight and was afraid to screw up the pex tubing- pump is under bed and cramed into little area, on my foemer MH pump was in open area which allowed me to put a suction hose in suction side of pump and put pink stuff through everything just no way with this set up,old MH was an A this one is a class c
pushtrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2019, 08:00 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushtrk99 View Post
the way the pump is installed the pex tubing is tight and was afraid to screw up the pex tubing- pump is under bed and cramed into little area, on my foemer MH pump was in open area which allowed me to put a suction hose in suction side of pump and put pink stuff through everything just no way with this set up,old MH was an A this one is a class c
It seems like there had to be enough room for them to install the pump and screw on the pex line.You have to bend pex pretty forcefully to kink it. You can probably move it more than you think. For the future, see if there is room to add a a loop of clear braid reinforced flex water tubing. That way you only manhandle the pex one time.
1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:55 PM   #17

Ok,so I went to storage unit today and crawled under MH with a flashlight and checked under there to see if I can find a water tank drain- NONE- Looks like I will have to put a access hole in top of tank and then put a fitting in with a nut on the inside, I would of thought the Forest river company would do better than this--One more thing I will look into is uncover the tank in the motorhome and see if I can see a drain plug that might be covered under the MH with foam insulation, that could be possible since there is a bunch of foam insulation under the MH and it may be covering a drain plug
Old 02-23-2019, 04:10 PM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushtrk99 View Post
Ok,so I went to storage unit today and crawled under MH with a flashlight and checked under there to see if I can find a water tank drain- NONE- Looks like I will have to put a access hole in top of tank and then put a fitting in with a nut on the inside, I would of thought the Forest river company would do better than this--One more thing I will look into is uncover the tank in the motorhome and see if I can see a drain plug that might be covered under the MH with foam insulation, that could be possible since there is a bunch of foam insulation under the MH and it may be covering a drain plug
What did Forest River have to say about it?
Old 02-23-2019, 04:12 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982 View Post
Let's back up. Why is there antifreeze in the fresh water tank? I have a short piece of tubing with the proper fitting on the end that I attach to the suction line on the water pump and pump antifreeze directly from the jug(s).
I am also wondering why there is antifreeze in your freshwater tank?
Old 02-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinStone View Post
I am also wondering why there is antifreeze in your freshwater tank?
He said it was the only way to get antifreeze into the pump. There was no room to put a tube on the pump intake.
Persistent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:24 PM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistent View Post
He said it was the only way to get antifreeze into the pump. There was no room to put a tube on the pump intake.
Bummer[emoji20]
Old 02-25-2019, 06:23 PM   #22

I would think you could splice a two-way valve between the tank and the pump so you can route the water to a drain line instead of the pump... or putting the valve downstream of pump and use it assist draining tank. I see no reason to put another hole in the tank. Is your pump line not coming off the tank low point?
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:22 AM   #23

Yes EDDNDEE I assume the way the pump & plumbing is in there, the pump was installed then the bed was put over it, I will try and get some pictures as soon as we get in the 40's, maybe then people will get a better idea what my problem is, If I could cut in a line to put a TEE in that would be great, and that would surely be better than trying to put a fitting in the tank-Rich
Old 02-27-2019, 08:13 PM   #24

I know my pump was only accessable by crawling into a cubby and reaching through an access hole to put a hand on it. I paid an independent RV repair shop to move the pump into the cubby so I could get to it and he put a drain valve there also.. $150
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:25 PM   #25

That is one of my thoughts, as soon it warms up a little maybe 40 degrees I am going to look at moving the pump to make it more accessible, also may be able to add a tee in there to use as a drain-Thanks Rich

Tags
valve, water