Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #15

Fleetwood Tioga is a nice well designed, comfortably equipped class c RV.

1979 Dodge Tioga Class C 24 foot. 1987 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Foot.
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks, Beabop. Good and bad about the show. :( We are planning a trip to look at a Forester MBS in a few weeks. I'll share feedback here.

All the best, and good luck finding what you want!
Old 10-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks, Cimplexsound....we checked out the Tioga, and it is very nice. We have a lot of shopping to do. My husband is leaning toward a diesel now - so, we'll see.

We appreciate your response!
Old 10-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #18

Just went from 2014 Class A Hurricane 34E Thor. To a Winnebago Aspect 30J. Did CHF on Thor and Safety plus on steering. Drove well after that. Just was not happy with Thor quality and DW wanted to down size even more. We had a 40' 5th wheel before that, so with the truck hooked up we were 57'. Now just 32' plus the motorcycle trailer. Kind of down sized.
Michael Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:03 PM   #19

I personally like a class A better. But since I do own a Class C, I can say from experience there are many advantages in owning a class C that a Class A doesn't have.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:10 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimplexsound View Post
I personally like a class A better. But since I do own a Class C, I can say from experience there are many advantages in owning a class C that a Class A doesn't have.

I'll bite. We have owned 2 class-C's prior to our current class-A. What are your many advantages in owning a class-C that a class-A doesn't have? The obvious would be the cab over bed for kids, but ours are all grown up now. What else you got?
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug5 View Post
I'll bite. We have owned 2 class-C's prior to our current class-A. What are your many advantages in owning a class-C that a class-A doesn't have? The obvious would be the cab over bed for kids, but ours are all grown up now. What else you got?
I the overcab bed is actually where I sleep in mine. Since I have windows out the front of the loft, I love the views, It's like having a bed in the top of a 2 story building. You fill like your Goliath Everytime you look out the windows!! LOL It's a king size in mine, it has a lot of head room. The overcab loft also shelters the windshield from bad weather. Important on the snowbird trips.

A class C is more like driving a van and It's more maneuverable since mine is not so big. Easier to park. My class C Fleetwood Tioga, is more fuel efficient than my class A Fleetwood Bounder. My Bounder weighs in at 20.000 pounds with it's massive Chevy 454 motor. It can be difficult to park and it has a lot of blind spots plus it only get 6 miles per gallon. Much easier to replace the dump valves on my class C too.

Don't get me wrong. I like a good class A anyday. But both have their pros and cons. I guess you just have to test both types and see what's comfortable for you. Butttt. I do love my class C.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #22

Have you looked at Lazy Daze of Montclair, CA? They have been in business for a long time. All factory sales. All Ford E450 with gas v10. They have floor plans at 24', 27' and 31'.

I know they are a long way from your home but they have an excellent finish and a great reputation. Many older ones are still on the road.

Good luck. Have fun.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #23

Don't know of a class C that would fit our needs. Two adults & several 100lb dogs.
MH for us would be for traveling between our two Florida homes which are 400 miles apart. And as a bug out vehicle for hurricanes & a class C just won't carry the weight in food stores for us & the dogs we would want onboard.
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:45 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks again, for all the thoughtful comments. We have still only shopped online and took a week off the search to travel out of state for a family wedding.

Tomorrow, good Lord willing, we hope to see a 2015 Itasca Navion at a dealership north of us. We really want one with a cabover bunk for the grandies when we have them along. We think this is a perfect size, as most often it's just the two of us and our pet betta!
Old 10-07-2014, 08:26 AM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
[QUOTE=cimplexsound;2258706]I the overcab bed is actually where I sleep in mine. Since I have windows out the front of the loft, I love the views, It's like having a bed in the top of a 2 story building. You fill like your Goliath Everytime you look out the windows!! LOL It's a king size in mine, it has a lot of head room. The overcab loft also shelters the windshield from bad weather. Important on the snowbird trips.

A class C is more like driving a van and It's more maneuverable since mine is not so big. Easier to park. My class C Fleetwood Tioga, is more fuel efficient than my class A Fleetwood Bounder. My Bounder weighs in at 20.000 pounds with it's massive Chevy 454 motor. It can be difficult to park and it has a lot of blind spots plus it only get 6 miles per gallon. Much easier to replace the dump valves on my class C too.

Don't get me wrong. I like a good class A anyday. But both have their pros and cons. I guess you just have to test both types and see what's comfortable for you. Butttt. I do love my class C.

1979 Dodge Tioga Class C 24 foot. 1987 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Foot.[/QUOTE

Fair enough! Our 1st C was a Tioga "party coach" with no bedroom, was a great family camper that towed our boat. We were 25 years younger, so hiking up to the cab over was a bit easier then. Our 2nd C was a 31' Thor product with no slides, felt like driving an 18-wheeler with the back end sticking out so much from the rear wheels. Never liked it, should have kept looking. We were fortunate to find our current A, and would have a hard time going back to a smaller unit. So much more storage space, better ride and power to tow whatever we need. And, it is only 33', so easy to maneuver. I guess the difference to us would be that a C is a camper, and an A is a coach we can live in with 2 Jack Russells for much longer spans. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Bruce
Old 10-07-2014, 06:55 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
WE are going to look at a 26 ft Winnebago Aspect if it is still available when we get home from a trip. If we get it, I will look for a small inexpensive popup for when more than 2 family are along. Had thought about a bigger popup with bath but want something to tow the bike.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:28 AM   #27

We lost our Jack Russel earlier this year but he loved camping with us in our little 22' Lazy Daze class-c. We have the swivel cab seats so just spin them around and he had command seating with his sleeping crate right there between the seats.

My uncle who has been motorhome camping for 50 years now wants to sell his 36' Pace Arrow class-a for a shorty class-c.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:40 AM   #28

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
We lost our Jack Russel earlier this year but he loved camping with us in our little 22' Lazy Daze class-c. We have the swivel cab seats so just spin them around and he had command seating with his sleeping crate right there between the seats.

My uncle who has been motorhome camping for 50 years now wants to sell his 36' Pace Arrow class-a for a shorty class-c.
We are so sorry for your loss. Our Jack Russell's do not care if we are in a tent, they just want to go with us! There is a terrier rescue place near Grand Junction, Colorado. Let us know if you want any info on that, we picked ours up from there. As for the class-C vs class-A, well we are in our mid-50's recently retired, have a small rancher on 5 acres in the mountains of Colorado, and not sure if we want to give it up to travel full-time yet. So, we will keep the class-A until making that decision some day, and simply take lengthy trips for now. Good luck!

Tags
class c