Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
We want a Class C!!

Hi,

It's been months since we logged onto this forum. We parked our fifth wheel in March and haven't used it since. We moved into a new home, have been busy with it and life in general, ever since! Now it's time to "play" again!
We plan to sell or trade in our rig and are looking to buy a Class C, gas, 30 ft., or under. Today is the first day we started to look online. We feel like fish out of water and hope to get some input from our old friends here. Whatcha like??

Thanks in advance!
Jim and Mary Ann
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #2

We have a Four Winds 31F and truly enjoy it but unless you use it a motor home is a waste. Ours is up for sale but I have mixed feelings if someone makes us a good offer.
walt518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
want class c

We had major problems with THOR a 2014 24c Class C AND THE DEALER JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROM YOU Register Chev, Brooksville, Fl. check out Winnebago, we have had 4 of them all good, no problems.
tree bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 05:24 PM   #4

We are also looking. From what I can see there are currently no good floor plans offered. A couple shove in a king size bed when we want a queen, others do not have enough closet type storage and/or a decent kitchen. There used to be some nice layouts a few years ago so I have to wonder what they are thinking.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:43 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Check out the 2500TS Sunseeker as in triple slide ...I have one on a Chevy and it has plenty of closet room....and storage!!! The Ford is on a lighter chassis...
Gas mpg 9.5 towing 3600 lbs toad @ 60-65 mph...Hope this helps!!!

gtony2
gtony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:59 PM   #6

I have a Winnebago View 24J. It is on a Mercedes Sprinter chassis. Radius queen bed, single slide. It is a good size for two people and a couple kids. It drives like a van, easy to handle. I get 15-17 mpg. I have been happy with the Winnebago quality. I also like that there is good access around the coach including the bathroom without opening the slide.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We have a 2014 Coachman Prism 24G. It is a diesel but they do come gasoline. Ours in 24'10" long and has a queen bed on a slide in the back and the living room area if you want to call it that has a reclining loveseat on a slide, although you don't have to put the slide out to use the couch and you have room to get around. They have a few different floor plans. We like ours a lot and Coachman has been right there with any questions or problems that we have had .... nothing big, just a shade broke and we had lots of question on how to do things .... we are fairly new to RVing. I can't speak for how a gas one would drive, but the diesel has been a dream. You don't even know you are driving and RV.
carolp495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #8

Downsized

Recently we sold our 41 foot Dutch Star and bought a 29+ foot Itasca Cambria. It has excellent access to everything even with the two slides pulled in for road travel. We bought a mobile home for winter living in our winter RV park and decided for weekend trips and for going to our winter home from Iowa we didn't need the big class A anymore. We have put over 2000 miles on the Cambria 29h and really like how it handles. I wouldn't want to live in it full time like the Dutch Star was capable, but it is great for travel. It averaged just about 8mpg pulling our Ford escape hybrid which had some extras in it and weighed 4140 pounds. We have about 900 pounds of room(380 front axle 510 rear axle) with water 2/3 and full of gas..including us and our two little dogs. I am sure we will be maxed this out when we leave for Texas. The Cambria is a class b+ or a c without the sleeper.
eldonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #9

Angry New motorhome

What ever you do, do not buy a thor,they are poorly built.
dezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you, everyone! We will take all the advice given here to make a thoughtful decision. I guess we need to check out when and where the next RV show nearby will be so we can shop around...
Old 09-23-2014, 10:55 PM   #11

Bought a 2013 Itasca Navion IQ 24G on a Mercedes Sprinter chassis. Drives easily and getting just over 17 mpg on Diesel. Best decision we made for 2 adults
Honwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:32 PM   #12

You should check out Nexus. We love our Phantom 28P, very high quality construction and plenty of floor plans to choose from.
BigD629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:22 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Diesel now!

So after some research, we think we will go diesel. Now that we changed gears, we have new searches to create! This is fun! Sorry we just missed the RV show in Hershey...darn!

We saw a 2015 Forester 2401R by Forest River. Any comments?
Old 10-01-2014, 05:50 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
We want a class C

You didn't miss much by missing Hershey. We are downsizing and some of the dealers didn't bring any smaller units and some didn't bring any C's at all.
I expected to drive one home, but the only one we saw that we would have bought, we had been given a better quote from our local dealer.

Tags
class c